PC Need help with chosing class in expert mode!

Ranger or Mage?\Old or New?

• Ranger(old)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mage(new)

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

FireDwarf

Terrarian
Me and my friend have started an expert playthrough and he always choses melee.I,however am not sure if i should play ranger,because i love that class or play the mage,because i want to try new things.I have heard that mages are very powerul,but i don't know if they can be strong pre-hardmode or early-hardmode.We have beaten "Eye of Cthulu" and we are trying to beat Skeletron now.We both have meteorite armor sets,but i am with the space gun and he is with the enchanted sword which i found from a shrine.I have said to him,that i will be mage this time,but i have had second thoughts all the time.Is this because i'm still in pre-hardmode and i havent really seen what the mage can do?I want to be the ranger,cause i am both good with it and cause i really like playing with it.I also want the mage,cause i want to try new things and i want to see what the mage can do pre-hardmode.

So for the actual question,should i pick the good old Ranger or learn the mage who is new for me and will probably be interesting to learn about???

Trying new things is definitely fun, and there is some cool Mage stuff, especially in Hardmode.

However, if you are struggling (especially Pre-Hardmode, when Mage is meh), you may want to go Ranger for a while. You can always switch later.

They both have their pros and cons but I think going for the Mage might be a new fun challenge, but a ranger class can be easier.

Ranger - Pros: You do not have to get close up
It has guns with Insane speed

Cons: Use up alot of arrows/bullets
Trouble Aiming

Mage - Pros: You do not have to get close up
Can be really powerful

Cons: You can struggle with mana
Trouble Aiming

This might help, but the wiki has some useful information.

I suggest melee because there's an extremely large variety of melee weapons like short swords, broadswords, flails, yo-yos, spears, boomerangs, etc. and some of them could be similar to weapons from different classes.

Back
Top Bottom