Need help with devil horns re texture

T3mmie

Terrarian
Hi :) this is my first post on the wiki i wanted to make a texture pack for the devil horns in terreria but nothings working im aware i need to have the content .txt as a .json but can't covert and online converters don't work ive left the file here can someone help please

Attachments

• Troll Horns.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 97
Go to your PC's "Control Panel" and find "File Explore options"
go to the tap "View" and tag off "Hide extensions for known file types"
and you now should be able to see that your pack.json file actually is pack.json.txt
remove the .txt part in the file name (F2 to quick rename) and accept the pop-up message explaining that the file-format will change.
and you now have a propper .json file
^.~

Go to your PC's "Control Panel" and find "File Explore options"
go to the tap "View" and tag off "Hide extensions for known file types"
and you now should be able to see that your pack.json file actually is pack.json.txt
remove the .txt part in the file name (F2 to quick rename) and accept the pop-up message explaining that the file-format will change.
and you now have a propper .json file
^.~
Thank you so much :)

Hi :) this is my first post on the wiki i wanted to make a texture pack for the devil horns in terreria but nothings working im aware i need to have the content .txt as a .json but can't covert and online converters don't work ive left the file here can someone help please
I've updated the file type to .json but the texture still isn't showing in game does anyone know y?

Attachments

• Troll Horns.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 87
I've updated the file type to .json but the texture still isn't showing in game does anyone know y?
Well for starters the the item-icon is 32x32px, not 32x22px like the original
It needs to be the same as the original file, else it will be ignored doing the load process
:/

Second, you've changed just the Icon of the Devils horn, not the horns that is shown on the player sprite
that file is: "Armor_Head_223"
^.~

Back
Top Bottom