Mobile Need help with hosting an online server.

Maroku

Terrarian
Me and my friend are trying to play online multi-player but I can't figure out how to host an online server for us to play on.

Yes I've read through it and did everything it said but we were still not able to play on the same world. I can get on the world but my friend's just stays on found server.

Yes I've read through it and did everything it said but we were still not able to play on the same world. I can get on the world but my friend's just stays on found server.
Are you trying to host the world on your phone/tablet, or trying to host it on a PC running the server exe?

I am trying to host on my android phone.
Hosting on a phone will require that you’ve got a relatively powerful phone. Lower spec phones won’t perform as well. If you’re hosting online, you’ll need to port forward your router. If it’s not port forwarded correctly it won’t work. Also, you’ll need to use the internal IP of your device. Most port forwarding guides assume you are hosting on a computer, but you’ll need the internal IP of your phone.

Hi! I am also having this issue with my boyfriend. He is hosting on his PC and we are trying to play on our phones. My phone keeps saying connection timeout! When we tried it on the same wifi it worked right away but as soon as we are a few hours apart he can get onto the game but I am unable to. I am not sure where the issue is!

Hi! I am also having this issue with my boyfriend. He is hosting on his PC and we are trying to play on our phones. My phone keeps saying connection timeout! When we tried it on the same wifi it worked right away but as soon as we are a few hours apart he can get onto the game but I am unable to. I am not sure where the issue is!
Hi there @rosefelch, most of the time it’s an issue with the port forwarding not being correct. It’s hard to give a standard answer on how to fix it because each router and router setup is different. Have you gone through the troubleshooting in this guide: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Multiplayer Setup Guide

Yeah, I have, multiple times and I can not find a solution to this issue!! So, I am going through the port forwarding process and I have finally figured out everything with my router but as I go to create this port I am given these options to fill in; "internal port", "WAN", and "LAN". I assume I will use the internal port given on my computer but I am not sure what to put in for the WAN and LAN

Back
Top Bottom