PC Need help with MacOS server!

I am having the same issue with the dedicated server on my Mac. I can’t open the application “TerrariaServer” because it may be damaged or incomplete. In the past I just downloaded the new file and ran it. No configuration issues or anything. Hope the download gets fixed soon. Looking forward to the new updates. Cheers!

I am having the same issue with the dedicated server on my Mac. I can’t open the application “TerrariaServer” because it may be damaged or incomplete. In the past I just downloaded the new file and ran it. No configuration issues or anything. Hope the download gets fixed soon. Looking forward to the new updates. Cheers!

Where do you get the TerrariaServer from?

Right click on the Terraria Server app inside the Mac folder from the dedicated server download ( at the bottom of the main page ) and select show package contents, then drag and drop the contents folder onto your desktop or wherever you want it and rename it to Terraria Server or something. You can then open up the folder and drag the MacOS folder onto the terminal icon on your dock ( if it is pinned to the dock ) and run the server by typing ./TerrariaServer

Right click on the Terraria Server app inside the Mac folder from the dedicated server download ( at the bottom of the main page ) and select show package contents, then drag and drop the contents folder onto your desktop or wherever you want it and rename it to Terraria Server or something. You can then open up the folder and drag the MacOS folder onto the terminal icon on your dock ( if it is pinned to the dock ) and run the server by typing ./TerrariaServer
I did everything you said, and ran the command, and this is what I got:
-bash: /TerrariaServer: No such file or directory

I also tried /Terraria Server with no change.
[doublepost=1498937909,1498937764][/doublepost]
I did everything you said, and ran the command, and this is what I got:
-bash: /TerrariaServer: No such file or directory

I also tried /Terraria Server with no change.
Wait, I just think I figured it out! I looked through the files in contents, and opened the one to make a server!

Sorry to necro this thread, but it's 2020 and the Terraria\ Server.app for macOS still doesn't work. I am trying to run the Terraria\ Server.app on a Mac mini, with 16gb of ram, running macOS Catalina.

I downloaded the PC Dedicated Server files from the link in Terraria then I tried to launch the Terraria Server.app I get the following error:

1595133999043.png

So then I followed the instructions Jonathan Whitmore, posted, about extracting the contents from /Terraria\ Server.app/Content/MacOS and I tried to launch the TerrariaServer file by typing: ./TerrariaServer but that produces me another error regardless that I run it as sudo or not...

awful@mc-server Terraria % ./TerrariaServer zsh: permission denied: ./TerrariaServer awful@mc-server Terraria % sudo ./TerrariaServer Password: ****************************************** sudo: ./TerrariaServer: command not found

Any solutions or other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Sorry to necro this thread, but it's 2020 and the Terraria\ Server.app for macOS still doesn't work. I am trying to run the Terraria\ Server.app on a Mac mini, with 16gb of ram, running macOS Catalina.

I downloaded the PC Dedicated Server files from the link in Terraria then I tried to launch the Terraria Server.app I get the following error:

View attachment 283575

So then I followed the instructions Jonathan Whitmore, posted, about extracting the contents from /Terraria\ Server.app/Content/MacOS and I tried to launch the TerrariaServer file by typing: ./TerrariaServer but that produces me another error regardless that I run it as sudo or not...

awful@mc-server Terraria % ./TerrariaServer zsh: permission denied: ./TerrariaServer awful@mc-server Terraria % sudo ./TerrariaServer Password: ****************************************** sudo: ./TerrariaServer: command not found

Any solutions or other ideas are greatly appreciated.
Is it OK if the answer comes 3-ish years later? Check the top comment from acrom or the "newest" (1 year as of this posting) comment from Ediz Bozkaya on this vid:
. Ediz comment got me working (after going thru System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allowing from Terraria etc...)

Is it OK if the answer comes 3-ish years later? Check the top comment from acrom or the "newest" (1 year as of this posting) comment from Ediz Bozkaya on this vid:
. Ediz comment got me working (after going thru System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allowing from Terraria etc...)
Hey, so when I dive into the package contents and follow the comment I can't open the "TerrariaServer" file though the terminal because its not a terminal file. When I double click on it it defaults to text edit and even when I specifically open it through terminal after I right click and tell it to open with terminal. If you could help me out you'd be a life saver man.

Back
Top Bottom