Need help with safety cell for NPCs

Gyradosian

Terrarian
Hey! I'm trying to build a place that will hold NPCs that are teleported away from my base. I'm pretty new to wire, so I tried my hardest, but it seems like I'm definitely doing something wrong. So here it is:

Capture 2015-07-31 21_34_35.png

What I'm trying to do is use 6 Queen statues and 16 King statues to teleport all 22 NPCs into this cell for any dangerous situations. To get them out I've tried getting all of the top teleporters to move the NPCs into the corresponding teleporters below, but I found that it didn't work. What I'm trying to do now is to get all of the NPCs from the top to teleport to the teleporter to the far most left, which will move them into the hoik system down below. I'll then put a pressure plate on the end teleporter, hook it up to the output at my home and... ta-dah! That'd be the end! But... I have no idea how to move the NPCs into the hoik system yet. So my planning is useless.

This is the wiring right now:

Capture 2015-07-31 21_35_17.png

I removed most of the wiring, so I pretty much have a blank slate to work on.

I think I may have to switch around the green and red wire due to the colours I've connected to levers at my house (green to return NPCs to the house, blue to transport them to the holding unit.) I'm open to any change in the design that you guys think would work. I don't think King and Queen statues are the best bet for what I'm trying to do, but they're all I know so far. A problem with the statues is that not all of my NPCs seem to summon, even if all of the statues are powered. Any idea why?

Here are the NPC houses:

Capture 2015-07-31 21_36_38.png

I was originally going to get all the NPCs to teleport to all of their houses (hence the teleporters under the tables) but once I realised that wouldn't work I put the teleporter at the top of the house, and that's going to be the output for the stream of NPCs coming through the hoik system.

Here's the wiring:

Capture 2015-07-31 21_37_44.png

Left lever to bring the NPCs back, right lever to take the NPCs away. Simple enough!

Well, that's all I've got. I've tried for about six hours straight, but I've got nuffin'. Any help will be thoroughly appreciated, and thank you very much for reading this. :)

PS: This is my first ever thread, so I expect all of you to feel guilt tripped into helping me.

UPDATE:

It's a whole new day! (a whole new fantastic point of view) and I've realised that all I needed to do was put pressure plates to the right of the statues and hook them up to teleport over to the left most teleporter. Now that my method of getting them to the hoiks is implemented, my only problem is that the King and Queen statues don't bring all of my NPCs to the holding cell. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it!

Capture 2015-08-01 09_37_18.png

For some reason this isn't showing one of the statues, but it shows what I've done pretty clearly. Yellow Pressure Plates next to all of the statues which will teleport all of the NPCs to the left most teleporter.

UPDATE 2:

Turns out my fix is kind of... flawed. It works with just one NPC, but after you start adding more, it gets more complicated. Here's the wiring:

Capture 2015-08-01 10_35_07.png

The idea is that the NPCs will walk onto the pressure plates, teleporting the NPCs along the line. What happens, though, is that when two NPCs are close together, they just teleport eachother back and forth. Ouch. I guess it still kind of works though, it at least teleports NPCs to a safe place.

FINAL UPDATE: Hey guys, after a lot of testing I've decided that with what I want it'll probably alter my house more than I wanted it to originally. I've changed the cell so that I can simply get the NPCs to reside there until anything bad is over, after which they can simply teleport back. Thanks to everyone for the help. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
But what is the problem? The NPCs don't teleport correctly to the statues?

I just fixed the problem where I couldn't get the NPCs to the hoik line, so now my only problem is that the King and Queen statues don't teleport all of my NPCs. :)

EDIT: I haven't fixed the problem. I was wrong.

Last edited:
A few things... If you are using the teleports to teleport the npcs to the left, why are there all of that teleporters below? And, you can't actually do that because all the NPCs will teleport back to the right and it will be a disaster.

You can also put a "battery" to activate multiple times the statues and see if they teleport now.

Maybe something like this? Granted, the most reliable way to get all NPCs to teleport correctly would require an according number of King/Queen statues. But it works. (hey, it's just a proof of concept^^)
poc.png

Hey guys, after a lot of testing I've decided that with what I want it'll probably alter my house more than I wanted it to originally. I've changed the cell so that I can simply get the NPCs to reside there until anything bad is over, after which they can simply teleport back. Thanks to everyone for the help. :)

Back
Top Bottom