my equip is:

-Turtle Armor
-Maxshark with Ichor Bullet
-Avenger Emblem
-Obsidian Shield
-Wings
-Lightning Boots
-Cross Necklace

i think my damage is to low, i only get Plantera to 50% life, she makes to many damage, i need better weapons for faster kill, but what for weapons can i get ?

You haven't posted any screenshots of your arena. However, I suspect it is too small. If you have a large enough arena, Plantera should be easy to kill. You can use bombs or dynamite to dig out a large place for an arena (don't blow up Plantera's bulb!).

Also, you could put a wall or something in the middle of your arena and fly around it while shooting at Plantera. As long as you keep moving quickly, you should be fine. Make sure Plantera isn't leaving the underground jungle (even surface jungle is not OK), as she will enrage and pretty much tear your face off (she becomes orange-ish looking and her stats are doubled or tripled).

You should make a 1x2 pool of honey to dip in once in a while. Make sure you have potions, such as ironskin. For ammo, I recommend Chlorophyte bullets, as they are homing (and look awesome).

Note that you are using Turtle Armor, which specializes in melee. The Megashark (I think that's what you mean by Maxshark, because if you are using Minishark, then that's your problem) is a ranged weapon. You should try to obtain Shroomite armor. However, Shroomite armor has relatively lower defense. For melee, you should try to obtain a True Night's Edge, True Excalibur, or Terra Blade, if you are patient. Other than swords, I find Light Disks (as many as possible, I recommend 3+) to be helpful sometimes. The Death Sickle (from the Solar Eclipse, like the Broken Hero Sword) is extremely powerful against Plantera. However, Turtle Armor w/ Megashark is still an OK combination; you just won't get the melee buffs the Turtle Armor gives.

Since you appear to be dying too soon, try to get the Charm of Myths, which increases regeneration and decreases Potion Sickness length. From mimics, try to get a Star Cloak. Combine that with the Cross Necklace to get the Star Veil, which will be useful. Try to reforge your accessories to Warding, though if you insist on getting more damage (faster kill), try Menacing, which makes more than a little bit of a difference.

Avoid the Spike Balls (pink, have spikes) at all costs! They deal 100 damage (on PC, only 50). Other than that, you should constantly attack it without stop. Ranged weapons do work against Plantera, so your combination should be pretty good. Just make sure to make a big arena.

If that doesn't work, make a long narrow hallway w/ teleporters on each side, between 150 to 250 (NO MORE!) blocks long. Then, just run away from Plantera while shooting at her. This is pretty much a cheese method. Alternatively, you could set up a bed in the middle of your arena, and just respawn when you die.

Good luck and enjoy the fight!

hey, thx for your great answer.

i cant make Shroomite Armor, i need the Autohammer for crafting Shroomite Bar and i can buy it after Plantera has been defeated.

Yes with Maxshark i mean Megashark.

Meele Weapon i have the Chlorophyte Sword, i have the Nights Edge and Excalibur but cant craft the Terrablade, i dont have the Broken Sword and and do not get a solar eclipse (solar eclipse summoning item can i make after Golem has been defeated).

My Arena is a litte bigger then the Arena in the Video (i have 3 floors and lager ways), with 4-6 Campfirer.

I have tryed the Hallowed Armor with Range Setbuff, but then i die faster.

Apologies, I haven't done a full playthrough in ages, so I don't remember what is pre- and post-Plantera. I remember I used the Chlorophyte melee set w/ a Megashark and Death Sickle and a pretty small arena in my first playthrough. However, Turtle armor is better than Chlorophyte, so there aren't many problems with your armor and weapons, though I still recommend Chlorophyte bullets – they come in useful later for Duke Fishron and eventually the Moon Lord!

The Plantera arena should be larger if you have trouble. My Plantera arenas have been declining in size to the point where I haven't even been using platforms. If you find dodging hard (so you are dying quicker), you could use something similar to what is shown below (source: google images):

23FoITU.jpg

It is similar in size to my first arena (a tiny bit thinner on the sides), but mine had no chunks of dirt in the middle, didn't have a bed + statues on the left, and didn't have teleporters. If you still have problems with this arena, feel free to let me know!

Note that after at least 1 mechanical boss has been defeated, there is a 5% chance for a solar eclipse to occur. Therefore, if you are patient, you could farm solar eclipses for 2 broken hero swords, though it is pretty much impractical.

Last edited:
Nice Arena, but now i have a new Problem: my World is GONE ;( I have saved them in the cloud and now when I want to load the cloud the game crashes
and since I deleted my terraria game data on the tablet is now also the local savegame away, now i must make a new world :(

Oh, sad. Make sure you are on the latest update. Try to restart Terraria. Since they are backed up in cloud, try deleting and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom