• Nah.

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Life.. complete
iP9v4yX.png

I can explain.

Basically, we started off with hoooooge plans. And that was our problem. We couldn't progress, we didn't have a good devplan...
So yeah, we had huge projects. And I'm sure if we would continue working like that, we would release is in 2018, in a bad state.

Then, thanks to Gora, we started taking a grip. And we started over. We cut some of our plans, for progression sake. We cut on all that side content, and stopped just making up new ideas that we knew wouldn't be implemented anyway. We couldn't progress as we were in the ideas-making phase for too long, and just brainstomed.

So basically, we were losing motivation because of all big plans, new ideas popping up and no stable devplan.

We have also decided we will release an alpha/beta version, without for example the final bosses and side-content - right now we want to get the general progression of the mods released. We will continue working and updating that version, and when we feel we have everything, we release 1.0. Then we'll eventually keep updating it with some side content or stuff, but that are decisions for the future. We cannot lose focus on what we're doing, as we're doing a good job so far.

So, release date? When it's ready. But I can confirm we're a good chunk in. For real.

I can explain.

Basically, we started off with hoooooge plans. And that was our problem. We couldn't progress, we didn't have a good devplan...
So yeah, we had huge projects. And I'm sure if we would continue working like that, we would release is in 2018, in a bad state.

Then, thanks to Gora, we started taking a grip. And we started over. We cut some of our plans, for progression sake. We cut on all that side content, and stopped just making up new ideas that we knew wouldn't be implemented anyway. We couldn't progress as we were in the ideas-making phase for too long, and just brainstomed.

So basically, we were losing motivation because of all big plans, new ideas popping up and no stable devplan.

We have also decided we will release an alpha/beta version, without for example the final bosses and side-content - right now we want to get the general progression of the mods released. We will continue working and updating that version, and when we feel we have everything, we release 1.0. Then we'll eventually keep updating it with some side content or stuff, but that are decisions for the future. We cannot lose focus on what we're doing, as we're doing a good job so far.

So, release date? When it's ready. But I can confirm we're a good chunk in. For real.
Exactly this. We were too ambitious. Now we're focusing on actual main content, and important things. And I think releasing an early version with some of the content will make the mod popular again, especially knowing as a developer the content will be really hard so they'll need some time to beat it ^^

Exactly this. We were too ambitious. Now we're focusing on actual main content, and important things. And I think releasing an early version with some of the content will make the mod popular again, especially knowing as a developer the content will be really hard so they'll need some time to beat it ^^
I'm happy that the devs of this AMAZING wip mod are a large chunk closer to the release of my MOST anticipated mod :) :) :D

Ever since the other chat went to Discord, this place has been REALLY inactive. Before then, I would leave for a while, and come back with like two pages to read through. Now, not even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom