• Nah.

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh...
Okay! :D :D
What is it now?
Orion Slime was ditched as we couldn't figure out a proper concept around it that'd make sense AND would be fun to fight against (along with being balanced)
Instead, we have introduced a new concept: The Orion Event (Orion Invasion)
I won't spoil too much, but it's a lot more epic than the Orion Slime we had previously.
You'll fight against hordes of demons and powerful creatures to destroy an ancient artifact's protective barrier.
I won't say more :)

Orion Slime was ditched as we couldn't figure out a proper concept around it that'd make sense AND would be fun to fight against (along with being balanced)
Instead, we have introduced a new concept: The Orion Event (Orion Invasion)
I won't spoil too much, but it's a lot more epic than the Orion Slime we had previously.
You'll fight against hordes of demons and powerful creatures to destroy an ancient artifact's protective barrier.
I won't say more :)
It is quite similar in lore anyway to the Orion Slime, something powerful that protects a very evil force.
The Orion Slime was basically a slime with lots of defense protecting a demon egg along with mini slime minions helping it.
Orion's Wrath (the event name) is about a powerful barrier that protects an evil shard (that can be used for much, including summoning demons) with help of, well, demons. And the barrier gets weaker as you shred through the waves of demons, although, they get more powerful.
What sounds more fun?
Of course, the second one.

It is quite similar in lore anyway to the Orion Slime, something powerful that protects a very evil force.
The Orion Slime was basically a slime with lots of defense protecting a demon egg along with mini slime minions helping it.
Orion's Wrath (the event name) is about a powerful barrier that protects an evil shard (that can be used for much, including summoning demons) with help of, well, demons. And the barrier gets weaker as you shred through the waves of demons, although, they get more powerful.
What sounds more fun?
Noice! I thought the event @Jofairden showed was the Demon Horde.
Also can I make a Minecraft version of Orion's Wrath? I'll credit Team Negadium.

What sounds more fun?
so, basically the plot of dungeon defenders

"You could have stayed."
"I just wanted to help you."
"But no."
"You kept going, and for what?"
"Your own self desires?"
"You sicken me..."
"Now answer me this one question."
"WHY?!"
WHY DID YOU KILL HIM?!!"
"You killed my brother!"
*Megalovania plays in the background*
"No more jokes now..."
"Let's get this over with.."
"Forgive me, Frisk"
"DIRTY BROTHER-KILLER!"
upload_2017-2-10_22-46-23.png

(Was originally going to be a lore idea, but what the heck)

Last edited:
Sure. When they are done. :p
I am feeling an a spoiler-ly mood today, so I am going to give you a taste of what the Negativity final boss is going to be:

(NOTE: It's in a spoiler for a reason. Please, PLEASE consider what will happen if you read this. No excitement whatsoever when you see it.)
HP: 4.5 Million
Defense: 90
Attack (Contact): 120
Attack (Projectiles): 90
Attack (Death Ray): 250

The ____________ takes the usual boss battle experience of Terraria and turns it into a test of skill - forcing the player to be more than prepared to beat this.
During the battle, the player is given 4 lives. This buff, called 'Determination', gives the player a bit more defense and attack than usual as well.
The player cannot run away from the battle - Instead of simply teleporting to the player's location, the player is teleported to it after reaching a certain distance away. This debuff, called 'Catastrophe', is inflicted by having the ____________ currently active in the player's world.
The grey spots are ____________. These are ________________________.
The ____________ are connected to the hands below. They act almost identically to the True Eye of Cthulhu.
During the second form, shadows of all the bosses with their expert mode AIs and buffed up stats are created to attack you. ____________ will fade into the background while these enemies are active, making it invincible. The boss order is as follows.
  • Eye of Cthulhu and The Twins
  • Eater of Worlds and The Destroyer
  • Queen Bee and Brain of Cthulhu
  • Skeletron and Skeletron Prime
  • 2x Duke Fishron
  • Ice Queen and Pumpking
In order to ____________, you have to sever it's connection to it's power, therefore destroying ____________.
The ____________ that signify the connection ____________ when you kill them. These ____________, shooting projectiles that move quickly in large numbers.
The center ____________ acts identically to the ____________, which will spawn 2 ____________ connected to it for every ____________. It will also shoot out projectiles more often than the original ____________.
In Expert Mode, the boss acts the same - but with higher stats, and the unique ability to send out a circular wave, which cannot be avoided, that completely removes invincibility frames for a short time, but increases movement speed and flight time.

Prepare your butts...
4.5 MILLION HP.
In Expert Mode, this thing has 9 million flippin hp, and does 180-240 damage.
Dang son...

Alright, here, I don't have the surprise yet - our pal @Eldrazi has been MIA for a while. ;( Hope you're okay.
A group of Terrarians came across a vast labyrinthine network of tunnels, covered from wall to wall with a story describing an all-powerful deity that was referred in the texts as Venoculus, or "poison eye."
It was named so due to the way it appeared - through a circular shadowy portal to another dimension filled with unspeakable horrors.
This monster craved destruction without purpose, chaos without reason.
Nearing the very center of the labyrinth, they discovered a bloodstained altar in a gigantic room covered in a multitude of drawings of Venoculus. According to the texts found under these paintings, it took the form of the viewer's worst fears.
On the tabletop of the altar, a tattered book lied dormant. All of it's pages were scrawled with writings of a tortured, insane man. He described a world under a "negative curse" - everything parallel to the lush fields they were so accustomed to.
Flipping through, the last pages were used to write an incantation to summon the beast early in order to sate it's appetite for destruction before it got too ravenous.
Fearing for their world, the Terrarians came back to the surface and warned everyone of the oncoming peril.
But it was too late.
Their world, during the time that they had entered the temple, had become a devastated and charred wasteland.
The ground was no longer soil and rock, but scarred tissue and bone marrow. Formless creatures made of pure shadow stumbled across the bloody plains.
The beast had turned their world into his.
Suddenly, a dark vortex opened up, and the sun, stars, and everything was sucked into the other dimension. Before losing their lives, the last thing these men saw were 6 gigantic glowing red eyes.
So that's a short story for Negativity. Hope you enjoyed it!
I think I know how Venoculus spawns ;)
I know what you've shown me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom