Placed buff items working similar to campfires

@JohannSimm
Summoner weapon sounds & Dryad/Steampunker selling crimson/corruption stuffs

@Coolqwerts
Obsidian armor set as Summoner Armor

@Mint Coffee
Ninja set as a summoner armor

@Nakano15
Mining set earlier where its more useful & preboss pickaxes able to mine obsidian(WIP)

@qwerty3.14
Flesh knuckles & its tinkers having more defense (WIP)

@TobiasAmaranth
Being able to store items in fake/trapped chests (WIP)

@BlueCorvid & @VDragunov
pygmy necklace pre hardmode

@DenizenBlack
Shiba Inu Pet with fluffy cheeks (WIP)
- Placed buff items like bewitching table,ammo box etc now work similar to campfires giving you the buff while nearby & also for 10minutes after

- Muramasa damage changed to 26

-Merchant now sell the full mining set so its achievable early on while its still useful

- A more linear fishing rod progression with buffs/nerfs to all rods, better early rods

- Adds corruption/crimson/event Items all the time for NPCs

- Steampunker will always sell the mechanic's fishing rod

- "Wet" debuff from water & "slimed" debuff when hit by a slime
( purely visual debuffs, without any side effects)

- Living Tree & Pyramid chest loot from fishing crates *WIP, need tmod v1.4*
(Finch staff & Sandstorm in a Bottle etc)

- Finch Staff knockback changed from 4 to 0, damage changed from 7 to 9 *WIP, need tmod v1.4*

- Spider Mask now only give minion damage & Dryad sells pygmy necklace pre hardmode

- The ninja armor now gives 20% summon damage instead of movement speed as its set bonus

- The obsidian armor now have a set effect giving 30% summon damage
Additionally the helm,shirt,pants give 5,10 & 5 % summon damage respectively

- Worm Scarf now has 2 defense along with the 17% damage reduction

- Some summoner weapon sound changes so they fit their weapons better

- Feral claws now give "melee autoswing" instead of melee speed
(Melee Autoswing also applies to summoner whips)

- Titan glove now give "12% increased melee speed"

- Fire gauntlet melee damage & speed increased from 10% to 12%

- Reaver Shark Use time changed from 22 to 19 (Slightly faster)

- Shackle now gives a small amount of aggro when equipped & also have the tooltip "Enemies are more likely to target you"

- Ivy whip renamed to "Ivy hook" to prevent confusions with the summoner whip weapons

- Jungle Mimic can can be spawned manually by placing a temple key inside an empty chest
(drops temple traps)

- Trapped/fake Chests now work like Dead Man's Chests and can be used for storage *WIP, need tmod v1.4*

Everything below here might change a bit or get removed

Fishing related:

- Living Tree loot in forest biome crates

- Pyramid chest loot will be in oasis biome Crates

- Fledgling Wings obtainable from Titanium crates in hardmode
(So its not Journey mode exclusive, and still not obtainable before other wings to break balance)

- Increased chance for Water Walking Boots & Lava Charm from Ocean & Lava crates respectively
(To reduce the grind/rng for Terraspark Boots)

- Obsidian & Hellstone crates from lava can give "Hotline Fishing Hook"

- Corrupt,Defiled,Crimson & Hematic crates now have a chance to give Bloody tear & Chum Caster
(Makes it possible to get bloody tears when no blood moons are happening from evil biome fishing)

Weapon/Armor/Accessorie related:

- Ninja & Obsidian Outlaw set becoming a summoner armor

- Flesh Knuckles,Berserker's Glove & Hero Shield defense changed from 7 to 10
(Evens it out a bit compared to Putrid scent "worth" wise)

NPC related:

- Jungle Mimic can spawn in post plantera Underground Jungle, drops temple traps
(can be spawned manually by placing temple key inside an empty chest, Has a jungle mimic banner)

Buff related:

- Preserve summoner minion buffs on/after death

Item/crafting related:

- Hellforge,Adamantite Forge & Titanium Forge now also work like demon/crimson altars for crafting boss summons

- Cell phone now makes a portal like "potion of return" when you go back home
(Recall & Return potions still have a faster "use time" to keep them useful)
(On/off toggle in game QoL)

- Obsidian block mining power requirement changed from 65% to 55%
(bone/gold/plat or better, so its possible to break pre bosses without requiring bombs)

Custom items:

- Bottomless honey bucket

- Honey sponge

- corruption/crimson version of mud/jungle blocks
(Keeping the jungle biome active even if it gets infected by an evil biome)

- Make [Ambient objects](https://terraria.wiki.gg/Ambient_objects) lootable/placeable as furniture

Download:
NekoTweakMod.png

Available in the Mod Browser
& at

GitHub

Feel free to give suggestions/feedback, might add/change stuffs if i like something

Signature Banner code, if you want to help spread the word about this mod
Code:
[URL=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/nekos-tweak-mod.93711/][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Nekololizu/NekoTweakMod/master/IconBannerArt/NekoTweakModBanner.png[/IMG][/URL]
sJ2WyEj.png

Last edited:
I HAVE to know
is there a doge pet in this mod
one with really fluffy cheeks
Trying to stick to mostly vanilla item changes and not add in anything modded that would stick out from the vanilla art style etc or feel to much out of place
so sadly no pet dogu in game for now, but i guess its something i could consider implementing
I am gonna add some stuffs like the inf honey bucket etc that will be custom/modded items so could probly add a pet as well

- Spider Mask now only give minion damage & Dryad sells pygmy necklace pre hardmode @BlueCorvid @VDragunov

- Some summoner weapon sound changes so they fit their weapons better @JohannSimm
not the stationary summons, didn't get what you meant with them having 2 different sounds

Yoinked your ideas~

not the stationary summons, didn't get what you meant with them having 2 different sounds
Thank you for implementing my suggestions!

An explanation of the stationary summons: The Queen Spider Staff and Staff of the Frost Hydra each have a "Use" sound effect and "Summoned" sound effect. They seem to be the only two that do. The Moon Lord staves just have the Queen Spider Staff's "Use" sound effect, with no "Summoned" sound effect.

Queen Spider Staff
Staff of the Frost Hydra
Rainbow Crystal Staff (note the absence of the "Summoned" sound effect the previous two have)
Lunar Portal Staff (same as the last)

Meanwhile, the Tavernkeep's summons have their own sound effect that isn't shared by the others.

Thank you for implementing my suggestions!

An explanation of the stationary summons: The Queen Spider Staff and Staff of the Frost Hydra each have a "Use" sound effect and "Summoned" sound effect. They seem to be the only two that do. The Moon Lord staves just have the Queen Spider Staff's "Use" sound effect, with no "Summoned" sound effect.

Queen Spider Staff
Staff of the Frost Hydra
Rainbow Crystal Staff (note the absence of the "Summoned" sound effect the previous two have)
Lunar Portal Staff (same as the last)

Meanwhile, the Tavernkeep's summons have their own sound effect that isn't shared by the others.
Gonna have to change both the item use sound & the projectiles "Use/summoned" sound for the stationary stuffs then
not sure why rainbow&lunar don't have the projectile sounds but if its not causing any issues like them attacking to fast & spamming the sound il try to add it onto them
(at least the only reason i can think of why they don't have any sound added to them, several beams & a laser vs 1 shot from a turret every now and then)
got what you meant now :gslime:

edit: Apparently have to edit the entire minion/projectile AI if i want to change the summoned sound stuffs, so just gonna add the item use sounds for now
^If you want to look at the changes, added plenty of comments to simplify/explain what stuffs are doing

Last edited:
Mind giving some context about the idea ?
Let's be honest here a majority of these ideas someone else has created in their minds before. Only you who has discovered it after, actually decided to present it. I'm going to keep it real with this sub "your idea" has probably been thought of in at least one other person in the terraria community.

Let's be honest here a majority of these ideas someone else has created in their minds before. Only you who has discovered it after, actually decided to present it. I'm going to keep it real with this sub "your idea" has probably been thought of in at least one other person in the terraria community.
Okay. Your point?

so its not my idea its "our" idea.
Its not impossible for several people to think about flaws in a game and come up with the same or similar ideas for things
there is even a rule about plagiarizing other member's suggestions here on the forum that im well aware about if you are trying to accuse me of doing that ?
I have had plenty of own ideas after playing 1.4 (and older versions as well, been playing Terraria before we even had hardmode etc)
& I have also give credits for the ideas i saw posted here on the forums, so i don't try to take credit for those ideas as my own

Its not impossible for several people to think about flaws in a game and come up with the same or similar ideas for things
there is even a rule about plagiarizing other member's suggestions here on the forum that im well aware about if you are trying to accuse me of doing that ?
I have had plenty of own ideas after playing 1.4 (and older versions as well, been playing Terraria before we even had hardmode etc)
& I have also give credits for the ideas i saw posted here on the forums, so i don't try to take credit for those ideas as my own
I was talking about the general sub not yours specifically its to the general forum. The concept of crediting people of work that is simple enough to the point anyone can make up that idea is not worth it its kind of like how the Dab can not be copyrighted but the Carlton can be copyrighted. The idea is the people you credit the idea from its not even theirs. An idea has to be complex enough to the point where no one else can think of that idea which is when you credit a creator. Work has to have a requisite level of creativity in order to qualify for copyright protection, so you won't really have to credit someone for their quote on quote "idea" if it doesn't express a certain level of originality there is a lot of grey area in the ideas you presented meaning there can be more people who have presented those exact same ideas in past posts which have not been given proper credit. The point is none of this stuff can be considered plagiarism if its such a simple concept whether or not you credit these people or not (including me) you will not actually be breaking the rules of not crediting said people. The amount of creativity that needs to be put in said "idea" needs to be exponential enough to the point that no one else created it to be necessary for you to actually need to credit someone for "their idea". The idea needs to be complex enough for you to be at risk of breaking the plagiarism rule.

Thank god for this mod (hey, that rhymed). I was really getting infuriated about not being able to find a Finch Staff/Sandstorm in a Bottle and just hoped for another world.

- Finch Staff knockback changed from 4 to 0, damage changed from 7 to 9 *WIP, need tmod v1.4*
... eh? If you want to see someone perform a maneuver that is essentially akin to the ultimate head-tilt, watch me read this part of the thread.

Am I missing something? Is tModLoader for 1.4 out? Is this a mod for 1.4 somehow? What's going on here?

... eh? If you want to see someone perform a maneuver that is essentially akin to the ultimate head-tilt, watch me read this part of the thread.

Am I missing something? Is tModLoader for 1.4 out? Is this a mod for 1.4 somehow? What's going on here?
Got a lot of stuffs preplanned/fixed for when tmod 1.4 comes out, this is not a 1.4mod yet. backporting 1.4 content is not allowed
just couldn't think of a better way to word it to avoid confusion

will most likely change the finch staff more once i can test it as well, no idea if just reducing kb will make it useful or not

I'd rather add an entirely new item in place of the pygmy necklace just being sold pre-hm. also, ninja armor i can get being a summoner set, if only a little bit, but OBSIDIAN? thats more like a ranged/throwing set, ESPECIALLY design wise. i know this is a tweak mod, but consider adding SOME custom stuff. jungle mimic could use it, and summoner could go with 1 or 2 extra sets.

also spider nerf? thats a little odd, its not even that good of a set to begin with. may as well just grant it extra summon damage or defense.

EDIT: also, finch staff needs an AI improvement, not a damage improvement. the AI is egregious. vampire frog staff also needs one, it just isn't very good since its a contact damage minion that is mostly grounded.

Back
Top Bottom