tAPI NeoMods

Great mods you have here Neojin! I did however find an issue with NeoDevices in multiplayer. If you try and put a material in the Guide's box (to show you the recipes), the client crashes instantly (the dedicated server keeps running fine though). This happens with all materials I've tried: stone blocks, torches, leather, etc. I'm also quite sure it's NeoDevices as it didn't happen anymore after I disabled NeoDevices.
I uploaded a fix. Hopefully it works better. Devices has not been tested in multiplayer, but if you encounter any issues and report them here I'll do my best to address them.

Time to play a game of...
6NewVeL.png
Strangely, it only occurs when playing in Full Screen. Go Windowed and the problem disappears. It might have something to do with OffscreenTiles and such. I had to offset their placement to make it look right in windowed mode. I didn't realize I was messing it up for full screen. I'll look into a fix.

The reason they're there in the first place is to make them appear lit. The game draws all tiles using the color (which gives brightness as well) of the area. So a timer that is turned on in complete darkness will be completely black. To make the numbers glow, you draw over the tile using Color.White (which is akin to full brightness). Now the timer numbers appear to glow even in complete darkness.
I heard you were almost done on the wireless devices @Neojin, but I'm not sure I was involved into the mechanical part in any way.
I just did things for the EverBiome Items and the Infuser that's all.
Or...will you include them in the next update, along with the wireless stuff ?
I was referring to including the sprites you made in the upcoming Master Crafter update. I did kind of smush my sentences together.

==================================================================

Also included in the update...
  • Rubber Bullets
  • Rubber Arrows
  • Express Conveyor, twice as fast as regular conveyor

Can i make a suggestion for a mod? (i will make it anyway).
Do you know about Ex Nihilo mod for minecraft? A mod that let's you create stuff from "nothing"? Well.. It's often that we have tons for stone, dirt etc, so i thought about a way to convert one to other, or create one, using something different. Like sifting dirt and getting stone from it with low chance, and various seeds for very low chances?Breaking down stone into sand? Even a not cheap, but not expensive way to convert all this "junk" into silt?

First, I think it shouldn't happen (what a weird bug...)
Second, we say intentIONal.
And THIRD, why the hell didn't I download this new mod ???
First, that's what I thought, but I was just wondering.
Second... woops.
Third, exactly!
@DarkAwesome Out of curiosity, what are those gadgets on the first floor of the building in that screenshot?
Oh, those are either from the Necropolis mod or Tremor mod (I can't even tell anymore lol). Also, if you were wondering, I place bottles and painted them to look like placed potions.
Strangely, it only occurs when playing in Full Screen. Go Windowed and the problem disappears.
Sorry to make the problem worse, but I was in Windowed. This must suck to code.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kinda off-topic, but out of frustration of trying to wire stuff the Neo way, I've been playing Epic Battle Fantasy for 4 most of the day (yes, that was intentional (yes, I spelt intentional right this time)). Best time I've ever had playing a flash game.

Last edited:
"You do know that this took ya all day to finally do this, right?"
Yeah, yeah. Whatever.
ttekgb2.png

EDIT: Just added Super Dart Traps on the ends to help push the enemies in the lava. Works pretty good!

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah. Whatever.
ttekgb2.png

EDIT: Just added Super Dart Traps on the ends to help push the enemies in the lava. Works pretty good!
Why not just one .5 sec Timer ? Because if I remember, they are synchronized with each other.
Also, next time, let us appreciate the whole image :) Having your text over 2/3 of it kinda hurts my eyes (especially cause of the color I think)

Oh Hell...
On my computer, I cannot craft certain neodevices items...
I can't craft the gem locator for example. Whenever I have the materials for it, tAPI Crashes.
It also crashes when I click on the item in the NeoRecipeBook mod.
Every Mod timers also seem to be affected by this.

Edit : Maybe It has to be the fact I haven't downloaded the standalone version, gonna check this out.

Edit n°2 : Standalone or not, it keeps crashing :/

Edit n°3 : OK so when I put rubber into the guide slot it crashed again XD I think i'm gonna stop with Neodevices for a while. I cannot move forward to what I'm doing (rollbacks when crashing).

Last edited:
How exactly do I get the disassembly station anyway? I've only got the Disassembly Station mod aswell if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT: Thanks Chocosta for the help :)

Last edited:
(yes, that was intentional (yes, I spelt intentional right this time))

You made it, bro ! Congratz ! :dryadhappy:

------------------------------------------------------

How exactly do I get the disassembly station anyway? I've only got the Disassembly Station mod aswell if that has anything to do with it. Help?
Don't worry, every mods are independant from each other.

About the crafting...
There it is :
1 Wrench
1 Table
1 Heavy Workbench (Craft here)
@ a Workbench AND an anvil (If iron anvil doesn't work, try the lead anvil).

About the Multi-wrench @Neojin...

Did you do some wire testing with it ?
Because...

1 : No Wires in inventory.
Bug 1.png

2 : Shift+Left Click with this wrench places wire...
Bug 2.png

3 : ...Whereas the vanilla wrench doesn't, even with Shift+Left Click.
Bug 3.png

3.5 : Cutting the wires, please wait...
Wires.jpg

4 : You just got usable wire ! From ABSOLUTELY nothing !
Bug 4.png

This allowed me to find a second, less important bug :
The Multi-Wrench is not affected by the smart cursor ; even if on, no yellow square will show up when holding the Multi-Wrench
while the vanilla wrenches will have it.

Edit : Almost forgot ! The Multi-Wrench doesn't show the remaining wires in inventory, while the vanilla wrenches do.

Last edited:
I uploaded a fix. Hopefully it works better. Devices has not been tested in multiplayer, but if you encounter any issues and report them here I'll do my best to address them.

It's working now in multiplayer as well! Thank you! If I find some more bugs I'll report them here.

Why not just one .5 sec Timer ? Because if I remember, they are synchronized with each other.
Also, next time, let us appreciate the whole image :) Having your text over 2/3 of it kinda hurts my eyes (especially cause of the color I think)
Well, when I first created it, they were not synchronized. Then I went to fly somewhere and do some stuff. When I came back, they were synchronized. So yeah, I should probably just use one :D Also, sorry about that. I should probably just explain it in the comment next time lol.

Yeah, yeah. Whatever.
ttekgb2.png

I love to see what gets created using my mods!
Oh Hell...
On my computer, I cannot craft certain neodevices items...
I can't craft the gem locator for example. Whenever I have the materials for it, tAPI Crashes.
It also crashes when I click on the item in the NeoRecipeBook mod.
Every Mod timers also seem to be affected by this.

Edit : Maybe It has to be the fact I haven't downloaded the standalone version, gonna check this out.

Edit n°2 : Standalone or not, it keeps crashing :/

Edit n°3 : OK so when I put rubber into the guide slot it crashed again XD I think i'm gonna stop with Neodevices for a while. I cannot move forward to what I'm doing (rollbacks when crashing).
This came from a bug pointed out to me earlier. I should have pointed it out in this post I made...
This version I uploaded should have the issue resolved. All of my recipes used "g:tier1Bar" when they should have used "g:Tier1Bar".

This allowed me to find a second, less important bug :
The Multi-Wrench is not affected by the smart cursor ; even if on, no yellow square will show up when holding the Multi-Wrench
while the vanilla wrenches will have it.

Edit : Almost forgot ! The Multi-Wrench doesn't show the remaining wires in inventory, while the vanilla wrenches do.
I didn't know the Smart Cursor worked with Wrenches. I'll get that fixed, and I'll get the wire count added in. Thanks!

This version I uploaded should have the issue resolved. All of my recipes used "g:tier1Bar" when they should have used "g:Tier1Bar".
Weird... I had to entirely remove the mod and then reinstall it...
Anyway, It works again. Thanks a lot !

+ Suggestion :
Let us make the rubber placeable so we can bounce on it !
Or even spring boots !

+ Suggestion :
Or even spring boots !
Alright, he needs to do the placeable rubber now that you say that. Greatest idea since the idea of some NeoDevices!

+ Suggestion :
Or even spring boots !
Okay, making rubber, rubbery is proving more difficult than I thought. I uploaded a new version of Devices though so you can play around with it a little. It gets bouncier when stacked upon itself.

Thought I might as well do this since I feel committed.
bsq5h2G.png
zuKC7H7.png
qGECZif.png
Also, should I just move this testing center to a new thread? I don't want to spam Neo with tests lol.
The S.A.P.S. is my favorite! You can post collections of stuff here every so often, or in a new thread as you create them. It's up to you.
NeoDevices causes a crash when you put an item into the guides crafting menu :(
This was fixed an update or two back. Just update to the latest version. Sorry for the trouble.

===========================================

Finished making Rubber bouncy. Effects Players and ground based NPCs.
Also made icons appear for more tiles with Right Click actions
And made a few more electronic devices reverse direction on Right Click

The S.A.P.S. is my favorite! You can post collections of stuff here every so often, or in a new thread as you create them. It's up to you.

This was fixed an update or two back. Just update to the latest version. Sorry for the trouble.

===========================================

Finished making Rubber bouncy. Effects Players and ground based NPCs.
Also made icons appear for more tiles with Right Click actions
And made a few more electronic devices reverse direction on Right Click
Yeah, for some reason when I updated it, it didn't update properly and I still had the old version installed :p

I'm gonna put up a new thread somewhere tomorrow. It will probably be in general mod discussions. I don't have time to make it right now because I have my last full day of school tomorrow, so I need some sleep. Also, it will either be called Neo Testing Center or NeoTests, I haven't decided yet. G'night!

So I've been trying both NeoDevices and MasterCrafter in multiplayer and sadly there are some issues:

The new timers simply do not work nor does the wireless signal work. I tested them in singleplayer as well (to make sure I wasn't using them wrong) and they did work there. Then I discovered something interesting: After enabling the timers and setting up the wireless devices in singleplayer I went back to multiplayer and it actually worked.
So I think the mod CAN definitely work in multiplayer.

I went on to test the Sleeping Tent and Conveyor. The Sleeping Tent should change night to day, but I was already pretty sure this wasn't going to work as one client shouldn't be able to simply change the server time like that. So what happened was that for the client the screen turned to day, but the zombies (night-only mobs) didn't leave and after a while the client 'synchronised' with the server and it turned black again. Now I know that the Sleeping Tent is never going to work in multiplayer but it does show the issue.

I think the issue lies in the fact that the right-click that you use to change the wireless transmit/receive direction, enable/disable timers, go to sleep, open/close hatches, etc. is only working client-side. It's not being sent to the server properly. You, as a client, see the change happening (I see the transmit direction change with the blue arrows and I see hatches visually open) but this is not happening for the server and causes all sorts of issues.

I think if you can find a way to send these right-click signals to the server you will fix almost all these issues at the same time.

The only exception might be the Conveyor: It did move items but not NPC's (I couldn't move myself like I could in singleplayer). Also, the conveyor animations aren't working in multiplayer. Sadly I don't really have an idea what's causing that.

Finally a minor issue I encountered in both single and multiplayer: Removing a timer (that is enabled) gives you 3 copies instead of one.

I hope you can understand what I'm saying and that you can fix it as there definitely is hope in my opinion that your mods can work well in multiplayer. I do want to add that I'm not a coder at all so I could be totally wrong about what's causing the issues. I'm using latest version Terraria (1.2.4.1), latest version tAPI (r15) and the latest versions of your mods, and like I said it all does work in singleplayer so it is multiplayer-related.

Back
Top Bottom