tAPI NeoMods

oh the 1x1 pixel horror x0
I was hoping it wouldn't be too noticeable, but it does kind of stand out. I just really liked the effect. I'll see what I can come up with, or I may just use that scaled up on a larger tile.
I think I was at my base, which has about five people at the moment. The issue probably isn't helped by the fact that my computer isn't the most cutting edge thing around, it may be my PC just can't handle this feature.

Also, that weather machine looks pretty cool! It could maybe use a little more color, maybe instead of the blue light on the main tank, have a big pressure gauge with white-yellow-red sections, and scale down the blue light and put it on the chimney? It could even be a slightly bigger tile if we need room for more doodads, I tend to picture weather control devices as a more Victorian era Rube Goldberg style device. Come to think of it, I should look online and try to find some images of the Puff-Puff Machine from Paper Mario, that might be good for some ideas.
Besides, Paper Mario is awesome :)
It definitely could use more color. I like dark grey, and metal, and I tend to lean towards that too much in my sprite attempts. I also was hoping to fit more dials, a blinky button, and tiny display screen on it. Perhaps I should just make the tile larger. It would be kind of funny to have a huge tile that just changed the weather. (And allowed the crafting of a few items) I just recently had a conversation about Rube Goldberg contraptions after watching Jupiter Ascending. That's really cool that you mentioned that.
I don't know if I like the sprite of the rainmaker... Looks more like an advanced steam engine.

I don't think an air vent (look botton right of the machine) is necessary too.

I'll edit this post later to talk about my ideas...
... When I am on my computer :p
The top vent was meant to look like a Cloud Generator, and the vent on the side was the wind generator. Each various aspects of controlling the weather. The smoke stack does look a little odd, and might look better coming straight up out of something and perhaps a little larger diameter. I really like how the wind machine turned out, but if it's purpose isn't easy to determine, or I get a better idea, I'll probably replace it.
Neo, I meant just update them while tAPI versions come along.
Oh, update the tConfig mods he hasn't made tAPI versions of yet. There are a couple I might be interested in converting or making my own versions of. If Shockah's not too busy I might discuss that with him when I'm ready to start my next project.
How about a Slow Motion tool? Whenever you use it, it slows down time around you, but uses 100 mana or something. After 5 or 10 seconds, the time turns normal. Also, you won't have mana regen during the Slow Motion.
Either a Slow Motion Potion, or like you said a tool, that applies a Slow debuff to all Friendly NPCs and Mobs that reduces their movement speed for a random time between 5 and 10 seconds. Something like that should be doable for horizontal movement, but I'll have to look into how to slow down vertical movement due to gravity. I really like this though, time is fascinating concept, so it's definitely towards the top of my todo list!
I am loving these tools.
Thank you for saying so! I'm glad you're finding them useful! Let me know if you have any issues or ideas.

========================================================================================================
Thank you all for the comments on the Weather Machine sprite. I'll continue to work on it. And thank you for all the ideas. Previously I would look through the Player Suggestions forum to find ideas. It's nice seeing them here in my thread.

Here's what I got done last night. Some of the new materials that will be used in current and future items and tiles for Neo Master Crafter...
SXWslj6.png

Wood Board - 4 Any Wood @ Work Bench (Probably switching to Sawmill) => 1 Wood Board
Nails - 1 Tier2Bar @ Anvil => 4 Nails
Gears - 2 Tier2Bar, 1 Tier1Bar @ Tinkerer's Workstation => 1 Gear
Advanced Gears - 2 HMTier2Bar, 1 HMTier1Bar @ Tinkerer's Workstation => 1 Advanced Gear

Either a Slow Motion Potion, or like you said a tool, that applies a Slow debuff to all Friendly NPCs and Mobs that reduces their movement speed for a random time between 5 and 10 seconds. Something like that should be doable for horizontal movement, but I'll have to look into how to slow down vertical movement due to gravity. I really like this though, time is fascinating concept, so it's definitely towards the top of my todo list!
Finally, I figured out something that you can do! :D Also, what if you could upgrade it? What if you could make an early-game version that slows them down for a while, then upgrade it to make it use less mana, make them slow for longer, etc.?

About the rainmaker... I wonder if it could be :
- only moving that anemometer thing when it's not used ;
- releasing water (Blue particles) for rain mode ;
- emitting a beam when we want the rain to stop.

My idea on a rainmaker is close to the one at the end of "the Amazing Spiderman", I didn't manage to find the image of it, sorry :/

Here's what I got done last night. Some of the new materials that will be used in current and future items and tiles for Neo Master Crafter...
SXWslj6.png

Wood Board - 4 Any Wood @ Work Bench (Probably switching to Sawmill) => 1 Wood Board
Nails - 1 Tier2Bar @ Anvil => 4 Nails
Gears - 2 Tier2Bar, 1 Tier1Bar @ Tinkerer's Workstation => 1 Gear
Advanced Gears - 2 HMTier2Bar, 1 HMTier1Bar @ Tinkerer's Workstation => 1 Advanced Gear

I know these item sprites !
They come from the game Junk Jack (Got it on IOS).
Am I right (Advanced Gears has golden and purple colors if I remember) ?

About the rainmaker... I wonder if it could be :
- only moving that anemometer thing when it's not used ;
- releasing water (Blue particles) for rain mode ;
- emitting a beam when we want the rain to stop.
I was thinking of making it only animate while it's raining. I really like the idea of emitting a beam when stopping the rain.
My idea on a rainmaker is close to the one at the end of "the Amazing Spiderman", I didn't manage to find the image of it, sorry :/
Ganali%2BDevice%2BIn%2BOscorp.jpg
I know these item sprites !
They come from the game Junk Jack (Got it on IOS).
Am I right (Advanced Gears has golden and purple colors if I remember) ?
They are sprites inspired by Junk Jack that I made for an unreleased Junk Jack tConfig mod and texture pack. I needed some hardware type sprites and thought they'd be great to use. There are some other things I'd like to use from that mod too.

Hmm... I think my mind is on overdrive today because I have yet another idea. What if there was an item, that could be crafted in hard mode, that could automatically make a house for you? You just had to set where each block will be placed, have the materials necessary, and do other stuff. I say do other stuff because you might be asking yourself, "Why not just build a house yourself?" Well, it could be making a giant castle with the materials you are mining AT THAT VERY MOMENT. For example, if you want a stone floor, but you're out of stone and are very far from home, just mine some stone and the builder back at your place will automatically place the stone you mine!

For Neodraw, the game crashed when I tried to place a Crimson entrance underground.

Also, could you please add the following to it:
-Bee hives
-A better mountain system
-Underworld buildings
-Biome changers
-A better cave-creation system

Hmm... I think my mind is on overdrive today because I have yet another idea. What if there was an item, that could be crafted in hard mode, that could automatically make a house for you? You just had to set where each block will be placed, have the materials necessary, and do other stuff. I say do other stuff because you might be asking yourself, "Why not just build a house yourself?" Well, it could be making a giant castle with the materials you are mining AT THAT VERY MOMENT. For example, if you want a stone floor, but you're out of stone and are very far from home, just mine some stone and the builder back at your place will automatically place the stone you mine!
lol, this looks funny in my mind! There could even be conveyor belts set up to transport the materials slowly back to your construction site! lol
I doubt I would do this. A lot of coding would be involved. But thank you for putting that image in my head! :)
For Neodraw, the game crashed when I tried to place a Crimson entrance underground.

Also, could you please add the following to it:
-Bee hives
-A better mountain system
-Underworld buildings
-Biome changers
-A better cave-creation system
Thank you for the bug report I'll look into it.
  • Bee hives are included. They're listed under Hives in the Structures tab.
  • How would you suggest improving mountains and caves?
  • Underworld buildings are created in a way unlike any of the other structures. If I can piece it all together into a neat function, I'll definitely add it in.
  • Biome changers I've discussed previously. Identifying the edge of a biome is a problem. I did create a spray for the clentaminator that converts biomes to jungles though, and the Coil tile that transforms and protects biomes on its own.

lol, this looks funny in my mind! There could even be conveyor belts set up to transport the materials slowly back to your construction site! lol
I doubt I would do this. A lot of coding would be involved. But thank you for putting that image in my head! :)
No prob, Bob. Again, just doing what I like to do. Make people happy :)

I uploaded a small update for Neo Master Crafter since I haven't updated in a bit.
It adds the 4 new materials I mentioned previously. Although they're only used in one item so far.
And I added 1 other new item, a Hatch.
LEx9zLl.png

HI4Uenf.png

It requires at least a 2 thick high side wall on each side to support it. Similar to what's seen in the example photo.
Right click to open. Right Click to close. Does not count as a door so cannot be used to fulfill housing requirements, but also cannot be opened by enemies. Something different at least. Enjoy.

Most of my time lately has been trying to identify why my shelves cause a flicker when they're destroyed. I still have no idea after 4 hours of troubleshooting. I commented out every line of code except for the line to kill the tile, and it's still happening. Must be something with how tAPI handles killing ModTile tiles, but it's not happening with my other ModTile tiles, so it must be by code, but I don't know what. It stops happening when I lower MinPick in the json file from 5000 down to 200. But then the tile can be destroyed when trying to remove a shelved item. It's annoying but not game breaking, so I'm just gonna leave it for now.

I uploaded a small update for Neo Master Crafter since I haven't updated in a bit.
It adds the 4 new materials I mentioned previously. Although they're only used in one item so far.
And I added 1 other new item, a Hatch.
LEx9zLl.png

HI4Uenf.png

It requires at least a 2 thick high side wall on each side to support it. Similar to what's seen in the example photo.
Right click to open. Right Click to close. Does not count as a door so cannot be used to fulfill housing requirements, but also cannot be opened by enemies. Something different at least. Enjoy.

Most of my time lately has been trying to identify why my shelves cause a flicker when they're destroyed. I still have no idea after 4 hours of troubleshooting. I commented out every line of code except for the line to kill the tile, and it's still happening. Must be something with how tAPI handles killing ModTile tiles, but it's not happening with my other ModTile tiles, so it must be by code, but I don't know what. It stops happening when I lower MinPick in the json file from 5000 down to 200. But then the tile can be destroyed when trying to remove a shelved item. It's annoying but not game breaking, so I'm just gonna leave it for now.
OMG ITS BEAUTIFUL. I would show you my homemade shocked emote, but I'm on my phone atm.

EDIT: Here ya go:
qqHgHOI.png

Last edited:
Lookin' good ! Simple idea but no one even thought about it :)

Maybe you should take a break on coding and update your mods portfolio's description, especially the Neo Master Crafter mod, which now has kinda more content.

Seriously.

Last edited:
Lookin' good ! Simple idea but no one even thought about it :)

Maybe you should take a break on coding and update your mods portfolio's description, especially the Neo Master Crafter mod, which now has kinda more content.

Seriously.
Neo Master Crafter's info has been heavily updated. Hopefully it's up to date now. I made some small changes to a few others, but nothing really noticeable. I also reordered the mods putting the more popular mods at the top. Thank you for insisting on the update. I probably would have put off doing it indefinitely!

I haven't thought of another idea yet, so here's a small suggestion from me. (If you've already done this then I apologize. I haven't updated it yet.) Why not make different versions of the hatches (Boreal Wood Hatch, Ebonwood Hatch, Shadewood Hatch, etc.)? I think that will add some more... 'Control' of how you want to decorate your house.
WeTm17X.png

I managed to get another idea. How about a Journal? You can craft it with a Feather, Black Ink, and a Book. When used, you can take notes in it. Basically, its a portable sign. ;)

The next update for Master Crafter is almost ready. Here's a preview of what's to come...
cPXCVus.gif

I haven't thought of another idea yet, so here's a small suggestion from me. (If you've already done this then I apologize. I haven't updated it yet.) Why not make different versions of the hatches (Boreal Wood Hatch, Ebonwood Hatch, Shadewood Hatch, etc.)? I think that will add some more... 'Control' of how you want to decorate your house.
WeTm17X.png
A Stone Hatch will be in the next update, but that's all that's planned for now. If there's enough interest for it to be made with a particular material then I would make another.
I managed to get another idea. How about a Journal? You can craft it with a Feather, Black Ink, and a Book. When used, you can take notes in it. Basically, its a portable sign. ;)
I think there was a tConfig mod that did something similar to that. That might be interesting. I'm adding it to my list.
I also have suggestion. Do you mind to make wireless transmitter and receiver? Thank you for making great mod.
I've seen wireless wires suggested in a few player suggestion threads. I was really interested in the idea. This is something you will probably see from me at some time.
I forgot something to mention this. How about movable chest with storage inside it?
Not quite sure what you mean by this one. Are you suggesting something similar to the Piggy Bank and Safe, or something different?

Now that I think about it ...
If you can create sunlit summonings, why not biome-free summoning items ?
What I mean is, summon an eater of worlds out of the corruption ! or a queen bee out of the jungle !
I was thinking about the craft : could be done with clouds (since sunplate blocks also come from floating islands) and with the initial summoning item.

I think you could fuse The Neo Light Beams mod with the Neo Master Crafter Mod because, well, the only thing Neo Lights add is, double well, light beams.
I mean you already got frames, shelves and pedestals so why not light beams ?
(This could also allow new kind of interactions with some tiles ... when we find ideas for it)

+ It saves some space on the mods' description :D

Side note : I was typing this when you showed the statues spoiler, LoL

A Stone Hatch will be in the next update, but that's all that's planned for now. If there's enough interest for it to be made with a particular material then I would make another.

I think there was a tConfig mod that did something similar to that. That might be interesting. I'm adding it to my list.
Nice! Thanks for that. Sometimes I would rather take notes in game than on paper. And who knows? Maybe you won't have a pencil around you when you get an important phone call while playing? "Well, this looks like a job for... NeoPad!"

Now that I think about it ...
If you can create sunlit summonings, why not biome-free summoning items ?
What I mean is, summon an eater of worlds out of the corruption ! or a queen bee out of the jungle !
I was thinking about the craft : could be done with clouds (since sunplate blocks also come from floating islands) and with the initial summoning item.

I think you could fuse The Neo Light Beams mod with the Neo Master Crafter Mod because, well, the only thing Neo Lights add is, double well, light beams.
I mean you already got frames, shelves and pedestals so why not light beams ?
(This could also allow new kind of interactions with some tiles ... when we find ideas for it)

+ It saves some space on the mods' description :D

Side note : I was typing this when you showed the statues spoiler, LoL
I like the idea for biome free summons. I'll look into that for the next update after the statues, or the one after.

Light Beams will probably always be its own mod since it was someone else's idea. All I did was write the code and put it all together as a mod.
Nice! Thanks for that. Sometimes I would rather take notes in game than on paper. And who knows? Maybe you won't have a pencil around you when you get an important phone call while playing? "Well, this looks like a job for... NeoPad!"
I should make you my official mod namer! And oddly, knowing the name for it would be NeoPad, has raised my interest in creating it. lol

===================================

Are there any particular NPCs that anyone would like to see a statue made for?

Are there any non-functioning vanilla statues that anyone would like to see functional?

Back
Top Bottom