tAPI NeoMods

Are there any particular NPCs that anyone would like to see a statue made for?

Are there any non-functioning vanilla statues that anyone would like to see functional?

Actually, it would be cool if tree statues incresed tree growing size/grow speed and spread purity, the mushroom statues would spread mushroom biome and increase mushroom grow pseed, the sunflower could stop the corruption spreading around it, the gloom statue could spread the corruption, potion statues could reduce potion couldown by 5 seconds...

I should make you my official mod namer!
I would actually really like that! After all, I do need something small to do along with making Never Realm and making my own emotes.
r5XOFYk.png

Also, I think you should at least add the statues for all dungeon skeletons. I hate having to go to the dungeon every time I want ectoplasm.
B1251JZ.png

Last edited:
EDIT: Post-ninja'd, but regardless, ... :

List of non-functional statues
for reference.

That eyeball statue looks interesting. It looks like it could spawn the most difficult Eye-related non-boss flying eyeball creature.

I had an oddball thought that the Bow, Boomerang, or Sword statues could spawn projectiles which could be used in conjunction with other trap-related things. Base defense stuff, really. But this feels a bit too silly to me.

Some of those statues look like they could spawn a biome around them, like the mushroom statue or the gloom statue, which would spawn either corruption or crimson, depending in your world.

The pot statue would act like a pot has just been shattered, and give you some random treasure. But this is SEVERELY too powerful, and I urge you to kindly pretend I never said anything. :p

The Potion and Shield statues look like they could give you a temporary buff. Just like how we place heart statues in boss arenas for a quick heart or two, those statues would give very temporary but useful buffs. Not too sure what kind of buffs though, to be honest. Regeneration and Ironskin buffs, I suppose. Eh.

The Sunflower statue could be a decent area-neutralizer, acting essentially like a whole bunch of sunflowers all at once, negating effects of the Crimson / Corruption.

The Goblin statue should spawn a Goblin. I'm surprised I didn't think of that earlier. Like four years earlier, really. :p Same with the Hornet and Imp statues. (The fire imp from Hell, that is.)

Are there any non-functioning vanilla statues that anyone would like to see functional?
Well if it was added, how to troll your friend with a dungeon guardian statue on a 1 second repeater :).

More seriously, the imp statue cause its useless so absolutely necessary.

And I always want some spare plumber's hats...

This is looking really cool. BTW, I was wondering if the Master Crafter NPC's appearance was based on anything specific. I'm guessing he's sort of an old carpenter guy in a plaid shirt?

Not quite sure what you mean by this one. Are you suggesting something similar to the Piggy Bank and Safe, or something different?

It is different. I mean if I want to renovate my house, I have to relocate my chests. So I want the storage inside the chests is moving with the chest too.

Master Crafter Update is now available!
qEdooFx.png

Final count is 20 New Statues + 4 Newly Functional Statues (Goblin, Hornet, Imp, and Lihzahrd)
Also included is the stone hatch variation

And...
I remembered to update the OP!

I think I might make a Stone Working station. I thought along with being generated in a world these statues would also be craftable. Their respective enemies have a small chance of dropping a statue piece, and 4 pieces combine to create their statue. There are some other reasons I've been thinking of adding a stone related station as well.

Master Crafter Update is now available!
qEdooFx.png

Final count is 20 New Statues + 4 Newly Functional Statues (Goblin, Hornet, Imp, and Lihzahrd)
Also included is the stone hatch variation

And...
I remembered to update the OP!

I think I might make a Stone Working station. I thought along with being generated in a world these statues would also be craftable. Their respective enemies have a small chance of dropping a statue piece, and 4 pieces combine to create their statue. There are some other reasons I've been thinking of adding a stone related station as well.

Can the paladin statues drop loot like a paladin shield?
Possible bug: I found the adamantite forge inside Wooden Artisan Shelf cannot make pre-hardmode ore bar? Mythril anvil inside Wooden Artisan Shelf also cannot make pre-hardmode equipment.

Last edited:
Possible bug: I found the adamantite forge inside Wooden Artisan Shelf cannot make pre-hardmode ore bar? Mythril anvil inside Wooden Artisan Shelf also cannot make pre-hardmode equipment.
Yes, that is most likely a bug. It's not that big of a deal though, I just put a normal furnace and anvil in the shelf too.

Update preview time again...

Wireless transmission is close to being finished!
RzK3nCj.gif

Also in the next update, statues spreading biomes.

Can the paladin statues drop loot like a paladin shield?
Thank you for the bug report. I'll look into it after this next update is finished.

The update for Master Crafter is now live.
STWQ5Ux.gif

• New Tile - Wireless Transmitter. Sends a wireless signal each time the tile receives a signal via wire.
  • New Tile - Wireless Receiver. Sends a signal along connected wires each time the tile receives a wireless signal.
  • Right click tile to change Transmitter / Receiver direction
  • While Transmitter or Receiver is selected Transmitter will show their transmission direction and signal length.
  • Current max distance of wireless signal is 150 tiles.

Biome Spreading Statues
  • Gloom statue spreads Corruption / Crimson
  • Cross statue spreads the Hallow
  • Sunflower statue spreads the Purity
  • Shroom statue spreads mushroom biome
  • Works extremely slowly. This is intentional.
  • Conversion rules follow the same rules as the Clentaminator solutions
  • Connect to timer for continuous operation

Also fixed the Artisan Shelves adjTiles issue with the Adamantite Forge and Mytril Anvil. I missed the part in the source code where these tiles also added in their predecessors.

Why not use the vanilla heavy workbench? It's a general stone crafting station—the text statues are made there, as well as slabs.

Wow, this looks cool, I'll have to fire up my PC and give it a try, nice work Neojin!
Also, I second the idea of adding the new statues to the vanilla work bench, that sounds perfect. It essentially already is a stone working bench, and besides it currently has so few uses it would be nice to give it more utility.
On the subject of stone, it might be nice to add some recipes for stone columns, for people who want to build stuff in a sort of Greek Parthenon style. Columns could fiction the same way as the wooden beams, which I always thought were kinda cool, but kinda limiting as they only came in one style. Actually, we could also do with some iron beams (girders) to round things out.
Stone platforms would be nice for making fancier stairs, and they could be crafted at the heavy work bench too.

Stone Columns are done and will be in the next update. They are placed similarly to the Palladium Column but is a non-solid tile similar to the Wood Beam.
5gs8jyb.png

If you're looking for ways of making statues more useful, why not with paint? I actually made a thread that goes into more detail, as it would be a pain to detail it all here, this is of course just a suggestion for ways to save you from having to create 20 different dungeon Skeleton statues :D
This is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how nice the statues would look tinted a certain color. I believe 'Painting' in the game works by altering what Color is applied to the textures when drawn. Most textures are drawn using Color.White making no change to the colors. Setting the Color to Color.Blue or Color.Green would apply that color to the entire texture, including the base of the statue. Masking might possibly be used to apply the color to particular areas, but you'd have to create a mask for each statue, and I have no experience using them. It would be nice to have multiple NPC variations available from a single statue though. Thank you for the idea!
Why not use the vanilla heavy workbench? It's a general stone crafting station—the text statues are made there, as well as slabs.
I have no idea why I didn't think of this! That'll save me some coding and work in nicely with Terraria's crafting system. Thank you so much for pointing this out!
Wow, this looks cool, I'll have to fire up my PC and give it a try, nice work Neojin!
On the subject of stone, it might be nice to add some recipes for stone columns, for people who want to build stuff in a sort of Greek Parthenon style. Columns could fiction the same way as the wooden beams, which I always thought were kinda cool, but kinda limiting as they only came in one style. Actually, we could also do with some iron beams (girders) to round things out.
Stone platforms would be nice for making fancier stairs, and they could be crafted at the heavy work bench too.
The stone column is done. I'll see about an iron girder next and possibly a stone platform.

Back
Top Bottom