tAPI NeoMods

Those are some nice looking columns. Looks like my next base is going to be Greco-Roman themed!
Also I was wondering, do you have any idea if your mods work in multiplayer? My brother and I are trying to set up a modded multiplayer game, and I'd really like to use these mods in it.

EDIT - I just thought of something that might be useful; a tape measure tool! Basically, you click a point while holding it, and that sets the end of the tape, and leaves a little highlight on the spot. Now, until you either deselect the tape or click another spot, you get a little readout, in terms of X and Y, of how far the distance is between the point you clicked and the tile your mouse cursor is currently over. This would be a great help when trying to lay out things that need to be the same height, or need to be a certain distance apart.

Last edited:
The Girder is a bit more difficult to make look right. But I think I got pretty close.
4YeYilx.png

I ended up having to make 2 different items: Vertical Girder, Horizontal Girder. It seems to work.

Those are some nice looking columns. Looks like my next base is going to be Greco-Roman themed!
Also I was wondering, do you have any idea if your mods work in multiplayer? My brother and I are trying to set up a modded multiplayer game, and I'd really like to use these mods in it.
I try to duplicate the way Terraria does things as much as possible. So for some things it should work just fine in multiplayer. But any original code or pieces I put together from different parts could cause issues. I make no promises on multiplayer compatibility. I would however appreciate hearing which ones do and do not work. And the error for those that do not work so I have a chance to fix them. I never play Terraria multiplayer, so none of my mods are ever tested that way.
EDIT - I just thought of something that might be useful; a tape measure tool! Basically, you click a point while holding it, and that sets the end of the tape, and leaves a little highlight on the spot. Now, until you either deselect the tape or click another spot, you get a little readout, in terms of X and Y, of how far the distance is between the point you clicked and the tile your mouse cursor is currently over. This would be a great help when trying to lay out things that need to be the same height, or need to be a certain distance apart.
That would be something I'd have fun doing, but it sounds pretty similar to the Ruler tool being introduced in the 1.3 update.

The Girder is a bit more difficult to make look right. But I think I got pretty close.
4YeYilx.png

I ended up having to make 2 different items: Vertical Girder, Horizontal Girder. It seems to work.

I try to duplicate the way Terraria does things as much as possible. So for some things it should work just fine in multiplayer. But any original code or pieces I put together from different parts could cause issues. I make no promises on multiplayer compatibility. I would however appreciate hearing which ones do and do not work. And the error for those that do not work so I have a chance to fix them. I never play Terraria multiplayer, so none of my mods are ever tested that way.

That would be something I'd have fun doing, but it sounds pretty similar to the Ruler tool being introduced in the 1.3 update.
You Sir Are One Of Teh Best Modders Out There. Teach Me Senpai

Hey nice job on the awesome mod updates your definatly a great modder.

Ive had an idea for the neodraw mod which would make life easier for me .
Would it be possible to add painting using neodraw? Id use the heck out of that
feature since painting individual tiles for a big scale build can be a royal pain.

I think you did a nice job on the girders, they look quite nice. The 2x2 ones are particularly good, and while the 1x1s don't look exactly like girders per-se, they DO bear a strikingly good resemblance to steel studs (basically a metal version of a wooden 2x4, mostly used in commercial construction). In a way, I actually think it works very well; you could get a very nice, under construction apartment building effect. I'll have to try it out.
Thanks for the response about the multiplayer; if we manage to get a co-op game going I'll let you know how these mods seem to do with it, and I'll be sure to post any error messages I get if something goes wrong ;)

D'oh, I totally forgot they were already adding a measuring thing in 1.3. Not much point coding something the devs are making anyway, especially when there's so many other fun things to do.

The Master Crafter update is available. Took a break for half the day so didn't get much done besides the column and girder. We'll see what I can get done tomorrow though!

Hey nice job on the awesome mod updates your definatly a great modder.

Ive had an idea for the neodraw mod which would make life easier for me .
Would it be possible to add painting using neodraw? Id use the heck out of that
feature since painting individual tiles for a big scale build can be a royal pain.
This is in process and will definitely be in the next feature update for Neo Draw. Are there any colors besides the ones provided in game that you would like as paint colors?

Okay, lately I have been all about my Slow Mo suggestion. So I started thinking of other Time ideas. Then, just now, I thought of one! What if you could choose how slow or fast your days, nights, creatures, etc. went in exchange for money? (But the slow mo or fast mo doesnt affect the player.) For example, you could make your world fast motion, but to make up for the fact that monsters could run quickly at you, you get twice the amount of coins dropped from enemies. Its good for farming some money, but bad for enemies or bosses you want to fight. I feel like its an interesting idea.

This is in process and will definitely be in the next feature update for Neo Draw. Are there any colors besides the ones provided in game that you would like as paint colors?
That is great news C: and i dont know the game pretty much covers most of them but darker versions of the available colors would be great.
Now i dont know if its feasible but would it be possible to make a paint that affects blocks in a way that they could give off a certain color light or a sparkle effect like the ore bricks?

Okay, lately I have been all about my Slow Mo suggestion. So I started thinking of other Time ideas. Then, just now, I thought of one! What if you could choose how slow or fast your days, nights, creatures, etc. went in exchange for money? (But the slow mo or fast mo doesnt affect the player.) For example, you could make your world fast motion, but to make up for the fact that monsters could run quickly at you, you get twice the amount of coins dropped from enemies. Its good for farming some money, but bad for enemies or bosses you want to fight. I feel like its an interesting idea.
If I can figure out how to slow them down, it should be a simple matter to speed them up as well. And then just multiply the coins dropped by the speed.
That is great news C: and i dont know the game pretty much covers most of them but darker versions of the available colors would be great.
Now i dont know if its feasible but would it be possible to make a paint that affects blocks in a way that they could give off a certain color light or a sparkle effect like the ore bricks?
Neo Draw has been updated to include Paint Tile and Paint Wall from the 'Other' tab. For now just the 30 vanilla paint colors are available to choose from, I may add more later on though. I'll look into a paint that makes them glow or sparkle. It would be nice to be able to 'paint' that effect on and off. Let me know how the Paint Tile and Paint Wall work for you. It seemed a little inconsistent to me, but I haven't painted much in game to know if that's normal or not. A lot of tiles didn't show the paint color, even though it applied successfully. Same goes for walls. But it worked perfectly on other tiles and walls. Dirt seems to be paintable using the in-game Paint Brush, but doesn't work through my mod for some reason.

A lot of tiles didn't show the paint color, even though it applied successfully. Same goes for walls. But it worked perfectly on other tiles and walls. Dirt seems to be paintable using the in-game Paint Brush, but doesn't work through my mod for some reason.
Oh, actually, this is fairly normal behavior in the current version of Terraria, believe it or not. Check out the first images in that 1.3 preview thread. Note how the dye effect (I know this isn't dye, but still) is far more muted in the "before" image? The same property appears to occur with some paints in Vanilla 1.2.4.1. It's just how it's been, really.

Thanks for the painting effects! :D Super-neat.

-------------------------------------

Out of curiosity, has anyone here tried to use NeoDraw to paint Railcart tracks onto the world? It's oddly tedious. The "line" tool doesn't seem to work with it, and it's really easy to make a mistake when going on a diagonal, because it seems that we have to make each diagonal track one piece at a time, one click at a time.

So is there at least a keyboard shortcut or hotkey for the "Erase" tool? And then one to go back to the Paintbrush Tool?

Last edited:
Oh, actually, this is fairly normal behavior in the current version of Terraria, believe it or not. Check out the first images in that 1.3 preview thread. Note how the dye effect (I know this isn't dye, but still) is far more muted in the "before" image? The same property appears to occur with some paints in Vanilla 1.2.4.1. It's just how it's been, really.

Thanks for the painting effects! :D Super-neat.
That's good to know! Thanks for the info!
Out of curiosity, has anyone here tried to use NeoDraw to paint Railcart tracks onto the world? It's oddly tedious. The "line" tool doesn't seem to work with it, and it's really easy to make a mistake when going on a diagonal, because it seems that we have to make each diagonal track one piece at a time, one click at a time.
I'll look into this now, since I'm working on Neo Draw at the moment.

Edit 2: Figured it out. I manually decide which tiles can use the line tool. Since it would seem silly to use the line tool to draw Anvils for example. There seems to be a few tiles I left out of that list, including tracks. I may try changing the logic to just look for 1x1 size tiles instead of using my list.
So is there at least a keyboard shortcut or hotkey for the "Erase" tool? And then one to go back to the Paintbrush Tool?
Yes indeed there is a shortcut. While in 'Paint' mode with any brush style (Square, Circle, Fill, Line) hold down the ALT key and Right Click to Erase.

Edit: And don't forget holding down the Shift key while in Paint Mode temporarily activates the Eyedropper Tool.

Last edited:
Is there any chance you could add jungle shrines and underground houses with chests in them, one for snow one for plain underground? They seem to be the only things missing.

Suggestion for NeoUtilities: NPCs and players recieve the Wet debuff while in Water.

(A raindrop will soak me, but dumping a bucket of water on my head won't? o_O)

Last edited:
Suggestion for NeoUtilities: NPCs and players recieve the Wet debuff while touching in Water
Useless so absolutely necessary :)(Without any troll, to be clear).

I've been trying to make sprites for potential biome-free summoning items. Here they are :
Biome-Free Abeemination.png
Biome-Free Bloody Spine.png
Biome-Free Word Food.png

Feel free to use these sprites for your mod @Neojin.
Also feel free to ask me if you want me to remove them.

I'm still enjoying your mods right now. Keep up the good work ! (but don't hesitate to take a little break sometimes :D)

Last edited:
Umm, this may be a silly question, but how do I actually GET the new wireless stuff? I looked at the mod files, and can't find any crafting recipes or mentions of someone selling them at all. Am I just looking in the wrong place?
Also, as I haven't had a chance to try them yet, can fluid pumps and teleporters function via wireless? I hope so, that would be awesome!

Update for Neo Draw is available. Jungle Shrines are now available from the 'Structures' tab.

Jungle Shrines, Underground House, and Cloud Island House have a special preview when placing. The green highlight shown should match the randomly created size of the structure. Scrolling the mouse wheel, or selecting the item from the list again, will generate a new highlighted area based on new random values. Makes it easier to align these items while still keeping their randomness.

There was also a bug with the Eyedropper tool. If the list was sorted alphabetically, and the Eyedropper tool was used, it did not scroll to the proper location. This has been fixed as well.
Is there any chance you could add jungle shrines and underground houses with chests in them, one for snow one for plain underground? They seem to be the only things missing.
Thank you for pointing this out! It did indeed need to be added. Took awhile to find the code. It turned out it's hidden at the end of the Create Hives section of the World Generation function!
Suggestion for NeoUtilities: NPCs and players recieve the Wet debuff while in Water.

(A raindrop will soak me, but dumping a bucket of water on my head won't? o_O)
That made me laugh. I'll see about adding that in next update. Thanks for visiting my thread. I always enjoy reading your well thought out suggestion threads!
Useless so absolutely necessary :)(Without any troll, to be clear).

I've been trying to make sprites for potential biome-free summoning items. Here they are :
View attachment 52328 View attachment 52329 View attachment 52330
Feel free to use these sprites for your mod @Neojin.
Also feel free to ask me if you want me to remove them.

I'm still enjoying your mods right now. Keep up the good work ! (but don't hesitate to take a little break sometimes :D)
I'm looking into coding these now. The sprite looks very good, but I might need to set these biome-free summon items apart from the time-free summon items that feature a lighter background. Could I possibly see the sprite with a muddy, slightly darkish brown highlight, and a lighter dirt brown highlight. Might give it an earthy feel to represent the biome-free aspect.
Umm, this may be a silly question, but how do I actually GET the new wireless stuff? I looked at the mod files, and can't find any crafting recipes or mentions of someone selling them at all. Am I just looking in the wrong place?
Also, as I haven't had a chance to try them yet, can fluid pumps and teleporters function via wireless? I hope so, that would be awesome!
You're not missing them. They don't actually exist yet. Spriting, balancing, and recipes are not my strong points. Hopefully they'll be added shortly.

As far as I know all wiring mechanics should function normally. I haven't tested either of those yet though. But I do have planned to remove the water pump functionality. (Unless there's a large enough outcry for me to keep it in)

Figured out a new idea. Here's an image to help you understand it better:
hp5FVr0.png

(Wow, that image was bigger than I expected.)

EDIT: I got bored, so I created it either way. Again, if the Shadow Mirror is a good idea in your opinion, here ya go:
5ayAgfq.png

Last edited:
I'm looking into coding these now. The sprite looks very good, but I might need to set these biome-free summon items apart from the time-free summon items that feature a lighter background. Could I possibly see the sprite with a muddy, slightly darkish brown highlight, and a lighter dirt brown highlight. Might give it an earthy feel to represent the biome-free aspect.

I managed to make one as soon as I saw the comment on my sprites (Which are basically not much, just almost-white highlight around an already made item :D)
You have the before-after of the biome-free abeemination :
Biome-Free Abeemination.png
Biome-Free Abeemination V2.png
Biome-Free Abeemination V3.png
I made it very quickly.

I think I should lighten the middle one more.

Careful with the third one, 2 of the 3 different opacities might look the same but add it into terraria to see if it works correctly.

It's getting late in France...
I should get into my bed :sigh:

As we say in french :
url

(Same here with that image)

Back
Top Bottom