tAPI NeoMods

This looks AMAZING! It looks like my testing world is going to have even more stuff in it :) As always, I'll do my best to fiddle with things and let you know of any weirdness or bugs I find.

Actually, I thought of an idea for an item that I think would go really well with this; Mechanic goggles! Its an accessory that, when worn, causes wires (and wireless signals) to always be visible regardless of what you're holding. Not a huge item, just more of a convenience thing, so you can still see your circuits when digging and placing blocks and whatnot. Might also be neat to have it combinable with the GPS (DataGoggles) for even more utility.
Also (and I'm not sure how feasible this is), a handy feature would be if the goggles gave a huge bonus to you item pickup range that only applied to wire. I don't know how many times I've been wiring something, removed a piece of wire, and then had to dig a huge hole to actually pick the wire back up off the ground because it's behind seven layers of block.

hey how do ya get the master to show up?
His requirements are to have crafted a Work Bench and Furnace while my mod is installed.

So Does The Saw Blade Cut Down Trees And Are All These Mods for R15
I thought about it, but nope, it's just a boomerang type weapon. And yes, they're for R15.

As soon as I saw the word 'conveyors', I immediately loved it!
tjO7sss.gif

Last edited:
I Still Like Hoiks Though :)
Yeah, hoiks are cool.
It is wireless transmitter and receiver is obtainable? If it is, how do I get it?
I don't believe they are obtainable yet. Neo said that if you wanted to try them, you needed to use some cheats or FCM. He made them unobtainable for now because he wasn't sure if he fixed every single bug. In other words, the brave people who were willing to try them would try them and see if they worked good.

Here are a few neat things I wanted to highlight...

Pistons can be rotated while compressed by Right Clicking the tile. They can also hurl certain tiles (Sand varieties, dirt, mud, ash, silt, snow, etc) when there's no other tiles on the other side. Like so -
TQtwR9d.gif

The original idea for this was MiraiMai's doing. I merely updated the code to work with tAPI and expanded the tiles that could be shot.

I was hoping one of the uses for Diodes and Lazy Timers would be in Map Making and RPG Maps. A switch can be wired to a door as a parallel type circuit. One pathway being just wire, the other pathway could have a series of Diodes followed by Lazy Timers. The effect being -
The Lever/Switch immediately opens the door, and starts the first timer.
The timer then sets off the following timer in sequence once it has counted down. The Diode prevents the Timer Pulse from travelling backwards.
Eventually the last timer triggers the door to close.

This creates a somewhat timed event. Like throwing the switch opens a far away door, and the player has to navigate to it in a limited amount of time before it closes again.

Here's a simplified version. The lower pathway closes the door after 10 seconds have passed. (Using the new 60 second timers this could range from 2 minutes to 10 minutes or more.
i0S4WND.png

=========================================================================================

It is wireless transmitter and receiver is obtainable? If it is, how do I get it?
What @DarkAwesome said is correct. But thanks to @The Great Orange, who has done some significant testing, the bugs should be pretty well squished. I'll try to have an update with a way to acquire them uploaded later today. There are a few sprites @Chocosta made for me that I finally worked into the game.

Will these mod's work with tapi r14?
R15 introduced the Player.tileTarget field. It allows me to turn this code -
Main.tile[Player.tileTargetX, Player.tileTargetY]

Into this code -
Player.tileTarget

So all of my mods were updated to use this since it makes the code shorter and easier to read.

I've seen several people comment that they are still using R14 or R14a. Is there a particular reason people are choosing not to update? I'm aware R15 has some bugs, but so does R14a, as does R14. In my playing and coding I've found the improvements made in R15 have outweighed any newly introduced bugs. I only play Single Player though, so there could very well be a multiplayer issue I'm not aware of.

I've seen several people comment that they are still using R14 or R14a. Is there a particular reason people are choosing not to update? I'm aware R15 has some bugs, but so does R14a, as does R14. In my playing and coding I've found the improvements made in R15 have outweighed any newly introduced bugs. I only play Single Player though, so there could very well be a multiplayer issue I'm not aware of.
Let's say some mods don't work properly on tapi r15. For example: The r14 minion code doesn't work right, and because of that minions deal no damage to enemies. I guess modders still can't figure out the problem.

Since I'm a failure at using wires in Terraria, it took me quite a while to build this:
NjlYa6l.png

Basically, the conveyor belt is always moving right due to the .5 Second Timer. When I pull the switch above me, the grass blocks turn non-solid due to them having actuators on them, and the dart traps shoot darts, causing the Dayblooms and their seeds to fall on the conveyor belt. The conveyor belt sends the items toward me, allowing me to pick them up! I will build more stuff soon.

Let's say some mods don't work properly on tapi r15. For example: The r14 minion code doesn't work right, and because of that minions deal no damage to enemies. I guess modders still can't figure out the problem.
Well, from looking at the code it looks like the cause might be in the Projectile.cs file, in the Damage() function
Code:
public void Damage() {

if (Main.projPet[this.type] && !VanillaMinion) { // Vanilla Minion Summarizes a lot of '&& this.type != VanillaMinionProjectileType
        return;
    }

}
In ModJsonHandler.cs when tAPI reads a projectiles JSON file,
Main.projPet[projectile.type] = (flag || projectile.minion);

So all Minions are considered pets, and no pets can do damage.

It looks like that 'if' statement I commented above is just missing an additional - && !this.minion - check.

Seems simple, I'm sure they'll have it fixed for the next version.

In the mean time here's the fix -

In the MBase.cs file in PreGameUpdate() (May work in OnLoad(), haven't tested) use
Code:
Main.projPet[ProjDef.byName["Notch:WoFMinion"].type] = false; // Makes it not be a pet, so it can do damage

Then in the CS file for the item that spawns the minion use
Code:
public override void PreItemCheck(Player player) {    
    Main.projPet[ProjDef.byName["Notch:WoFMinion"].type] = true; // Sets projPet to true in order to summon it
}

// And

public override void PostItemCheck(Player player) {
    Main.projPet[ProjDef.byName["Notch:WoFMinion"].type] = false; // Returns projPet to false in order for it to cause damage
}
*Note: Tested this with the Apocalypse Mod's Wall of Flesh Minion

Last edited:
I don't believe they are obtainable yet. Neo said that if you wanted to try them, you needed to use some cheats or FCM. He made them unobtainable for now because he wasn't sure if he fixed every single bug. In other words, the brave people who were willing to try them would try them and see if they worked good.
What @DarkAwesome said is correct. But thanks to @The Great Orange, who has done some significant testing, the bugs should be pretty well squished. I'll try to have an update with a way to acquire them uploaded later today. There are a few sprites @Chocosta made for me that I finally worked into the game.

Thank you for answering my question

Great mods you have here Neojin! I did however find an issue with NeoDevices in multiplayer. If you try and put a material in the Guide's box (to show you the recipes), the client crashes instantly (the dedicated server keeps running fine though). This happens with all materials I've tried: stone blocks, torches, leather, etc. I'm also quite sure it's NeoDevices as it didn't happen anymore after I disabled NeoDevices.

Great mods you have here Neojin! I did however find an issue with NeoDevices in multiplayer. If you try and put a material in the Guide's box (to show you the recipes), the client crashes instantly (the dedicated server keeps running fine though). This happens with all materials I've tried: stone blocks, torches, leather, etc. I'm also quite sure it's NeoDevices as it didn't happen anymore after I disabled NeoDevices.
It is most definitely my mod. I just tried in Single Player, and placing an item in the Guide Slot caused a crash. I'll look into this now. (I just happen to be coding Neo Devices at the moment).

Thanks so much for the bug report!

Thank you for answering my question
Anytime!
---------------------------------
In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to build an automatic house defense mechanism so that at night, monsters will die if they get too close to my house/castle. I will comment a picture of it when I've built it.

Is this intential ?
First, I think it shouldn't happen (what a weird bug...)
Second, we say intentIONal.
And THIRD, why the hell didn't I download this new mod ???

I heard you were almost done on the wireless devices @Neojin, but I'm not sure I was involved into the mechanical part in any way.
I just did things for the EverBiome Items and the Infuser that's all.
Or...will you include them in the next update, along with the wireless stuff ?

Back
Top Bottom