Official New 1.3 Spoilers: Enhancing the User Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'd really like to know is if they're adding a crimson hallow alternate.
The cyber seems like a good idea, and as well as that, Tobbvalds idea for the Covert and the Contagion are very good ideas. Contagion, Corruption, Crimson, and the Hallow,Cyber, And Covert. Just need to change the H in hallow to a C and you've got a perfect name collection going.
That's a good idea. I always have preferred corruption though.

I LOVE being able to make purchases with NPC's without having to backtrack to my Piggy Bank all the time. Such a huge quality of life improvement for me. :)
I'm feeling a bit thrilled of the Lunar Update, will it be better than 1.2? because I'm going to miss the 1.2 update :(
But I wonder what Lunar LOOKS like when 1.3 comes out

I'm feeling a bit thrilled of the Lunar Update, will it be better than 1.2? because I'm going to miss the 1.2 update :(
But I wonder what Lunar LOOKS like when 1.3 comes out
I already miss base 1.2, when the HM Dungeon was unlocked right away, and too many things were OP

At least we will have The Witcher 3 to hold most of us over until then. I dont know if I liked it better thinking it could come out at anytime or knowing that months lay between me and some 1.3 glory.

When 1.3 is out, your world will be obsolete.
But if you're preparing it for storage of 1.3 items, I get it. Just know that you'll have to start a new world to experience all changes.
Dang it. I like my world.... Thats gonna suck.

Dang it. I like my world.... Thats gonna suck.

You can still play on it, and you can probably even do the martian events.

You just won't have any new biomes, mini-biomes, or things that come out of stuff therein. You could just create a new world just to experience that content and keep your current world. Maybe with blocks taken from a new world, you could build yourself a pseudo-biome, like taking Crimson out of a Crimson World and bringing it to a Corruption world. You'd just be missing the hearts and their loot, and you wouldn't find any Crimtane unless you summoned the Brain with vertebrae.

So we need 3 maps :
one for our big base and construct
one in corruption/hallowed
one for crimson
Actually I have everything of that in my main world. Directly after activating the hardmode, I opened my old world and took some corrupted stones blocks and planted them in not corrupted forest areas so it can form a big corruption biome in my crimson world. :cool:
My base and other important structures are safe in prepaired areas, so they can't be swallowed by biomes.

You can still play on it, and you can probably even do the martian events.

You just won't have any new biomes, mini-biomes, or things that come out of stuff therein. You could just create a new world just to experience that content and keep your current world. Maybe with blocks taken from a new world, you could build yourself a pseudo-biome, like taking Crimson out of a Crimson World and bringing it to a Corruption world. You'd just be missing the hearts and their loot, and you wouldn't find any Crimtane unless you summoned the Brain with vertebrae.
Thats true. I can't wait for the Martain event. I can solo the Pumpkin and Frost moons without dying a single time, so I'm super exited to see whats in store for me in the Martian event.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432132226,1432131949][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually I have everything of that in my main world. Directly after activating the hardmode, I opened my old world and took some corrupted stones blocks and planted them in not corrupted forest areas so it can form a big corruption biome in my crimson world. :cool:
My base and other important structures are safe in prepaired areas, so they can't be swallowed by biomes.
What I do to protect my bases in this scenario is i dig a big 4x4 trench surrounding my area, and fill it with glass. the taint cant spread across a 4x4 hole (be sure to remove the back wall) and the glass will keep baddies from mass spawning under your base during an event. Or I just make a floating island and travel to and from via telaporter with the one on the ground protected by the glass trench I mentioned and a dome so nothing nasty can get in.
and I wish it would stop merging my posts. makes me feel like I talk to much.

Thats true. I can't wait for the Martain event. I can solo the Pumpkin and Frost moons without dying a single time, so I'm super exited to see whats in store for me in the Martian event.

I wouldn't go expecting anything difficult with Pumpkin/Frost Moon equipment and/or Fishron Gear.

Not too many players can handle Frost Moon solo, and I doubt they're going to tune the Martian Event to where it'd be difficult with the best stuff 1.2.4 has to offer, because then players would face a huge ridiculous grind to even have a chance of starting the 1.3 content.

Now, they could nerf Fishron/Moons a little to make them more accessible to solo players (kinda like they did 1.1's hardmode gear in 1.2) and they could add new stuff one can get Post-Plantera, and/or make some of that stuff a smidge easier to get maybe.

I don't see them putting a huge brick wall in front of players before they can experience the new content. They didn't in 1.2; Plantera is not THAT large of a step up from the Mechs, for example. And they gave you Chlorophyte gear and Turtle Armor before Plantera, so you could prepare for him if you happened to need better stuff.

I wouldn't go expecting anything difficult with Pumpkin/Frost Moon equipment and/or Fishron Gear.

Not too many players can handle Frost Moon solo, and I doubt they're going to tune the Martian Event to where it'd be difficult with the best stuff 1.2.4 has to offer, because then players would face a huge ridiculous grind to even have a chance of starting the 1.3 content.

Now, they could nerf Fishron/Moons a little to make them more accessible to solo players (kinda like they did 1.1's hardmode gear in 1.2) and they could add new stuff one can get Post-Plantera, and/or make some of that stuff a smidge easier to get maybe.

I don't see them putting a huge brick wall in front of players before they can experience the new content. They didn't in 1.2; Plantera is not THAT large of a step up from the Mechs, for example. And they gave you Chlorophyte gear and Turtle Armor before Plantera, so you could prepare for him if you happened to need better stuff.
Yeah. It's gonna be fun. I run a character build of full Specter armor (both head pieces that I can switch mid-battle to get diff effects, I'll attach the effects of the Armour headpieces at the bottom), a arcane mana flower, arcane magic cuffs, arcane fishron wings, arcane celestial emblem, and a arcane Star veil. Since all of them have the Arcane reforge, i have a HUGE mana pool. For events, i use these weapons: Razorpine, Blizzard Staff, Razor-blade Typhoon, and a Bubble Gun. They all have high speed and every hit activates my armor effect. So yeah, I'm hard to kill during an event. :D
My profile pic is actually my magic guy (I use a vanity outfit)
http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Spectre_Armor
Here are the effects of the armor headpieces.
  • Hood: Magic Damage Done to Enemies Heals the Player with the lowest Health, rounded down to 20%, and magic damage is reduced by 40%.
  • Mask: Magic Damage Done To Enemies Releases Small Projectiles that Damage Nearby Enemies.
Defense Total

• Hood: 30 Defense
  • Mask: 42 Defense

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom