Official New 1.3 Spoilers: Enhancing the User Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
He. Really off topic, but does anyone know what counts as a message on this site? I want the Eye of Cuthulu title but it says i have only posted 17 messages. and i have done way more than 17 things on and around the fourums.

He. Really off topic, but does anyone know what counts as a message on this site? I want the Eye of Cuthulu title but it says i have only posted 17 messages. and i have done way more than 17 things on and around the fourums.
You've got 18 now, so there's a clue right there...

I really Hope they do more things for Ranged classes, I feel like that the guns don't have much diversity, there's just regular guns that you'd expect, like a sniper rifle, a shotgun and etc. There's SO MUCH POTENTIAL for the ranged weapons like, life stealing or maybe you could do something that could allow transportation. I really don't know XD. Another thing I think that's lacking from the game would be accessories, there could be SO MANY HATS!!!! But really, customization is being emphasized greatly with the new dye areas and such, Why not add more miscs or references. Maybe like hotline miami stuff :))))?:merchantgrin:

Am I the only one that thinks that this is the invaders 'first' visit, think, where else do we see giant over mutated worms? I might be wrong, but is the glory of no storyline, I can believe my own plot. And anyway, now I don't have to believe that gods made everything, but a SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one that thinks that this is the invaders 'first' visit, think, where else do we see giant over mutated worms? I might be wrong, but is the glory of no storyline, I can believe my own plot. And anyway, now I don't have to believe that gods made everything, but a SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION!!!!!!!!!!
lolz. Dat signature doh. XD

(...)They didn't in 1.2; Plantera is not THAT large of a step up from the Mechs, for example. (...]

I always find that funny; I have way more problems dealing with Skeletron or The Twins than just hopping in circles around Plantera. But that's off topic.
1.3 release date announced!

I always find that funny; I have way more problems dealing with Skeletron or The Twins than just hopping in circles around Plantera. But that's off topic.
1.3 release date announced!
Eyup.
All aboard The hype train! WhooWhooooo!

Last edited:
Greetings everyone!

All of us on the Terraria development team hope and trust that each of you had a pleasant a restful holiday season. While we took some time to spend with friends and family as well, we have also been hard at work on the 1.3 update. It is our desire that 1.3 live up to everyone's expectations and leave an epic, lasting impact on the game.

It's been a while since we shared some substantial spoilers - so to make up for that gap, you will find a larger-than-usual list of stuff from 1.3 to whet your appetite. Hope you enjoy them!

One of our areas of focus with Terraria 1.3 is an interface upgrade. Clearly, this is a core part of the game experience with which players will constantly interact - so we have taken great care to make the interface more clear, pleasing to the eye, and to enhance it's level of interactivity. Below are a few examples of these efforts:

kdcROYP.png

Player Interface Upgrades - Icons & Text

SmOStwG.gif

We have upgraded how icons appear/work: things in your inventory will now have their edges lighten up once the cursor is over them.

In addition, a lot of buttons such as reforging, opening the crafting grid, PVP, and teams got a visual update -we even added a 5th pink team!

O0eWqZM.png

We also noted that a lot of in-game text is currently hard to read due to how it blends in with the backgrounds - so we've gone on a bordering spree and are making sure everything has the right amount of clarity and contrast to it is easier to to view and read (even item stack amounts).

(Please Note: This is a work in process and may not reflect the final version.)

divider.png

Player Interface Upgrades - Inventory & Shopping
Moderator Edit: Please note that the pink grass and trees in this image are PAINTED, and not a new biome.
8ydF3pE.gif

On the interactivity end of the spectrum, we have made great strides. In an earlier spoiler Cenx showed everyone you can now link items in chat - but that is merely the beginning of the changes we have made!

Items in your inventory can now be "favorited". When you "favorite" an item, you will not be able to accidentally throw, trash sell or stack it into a chest!

To further help streamline inventory management, you can now quick stack items to all nearby chests. This feature will place items in chests that already have stacks started for certain items. (If you do not have a stack started you will need to manually open the chests.)

x7Jho61.png

We also realized that shopping in Terraria could be improved. With 1.3, when paying for goods from NPCs, you can now see the money contained in your piggy bank or safe, and use your savings to pay! (no more running back and forth from your bank)

We even upgraded crafting to take advantage of these improvements - you will be able to craft from an open chest (including the piggy bank and safe)! To further enhance this feature, chests now show as open when they're in use, so you can tell which is which.

divider.png

Player Interface Upgrades - Maps, Data, & Screenshots

We have also taken the time to augment how information is displayed to the player by making all the accessories that provide data (time/depth, and so on) work by simply sitting in your inventory. In addition, we added a bunch more of these - such as items which display the weather, moonphase, DPS, and more!

The information items you have will also share their effects with any nearby player, but you can easily hide information from your screen when it interrupts you!

gGo6Pyz.png

Moderator Edit: Please note that the pink grass and trees in this image are PAINTED, and not a new biome.
fFJ5BAS.jpg

We have also added a new method for taking screen shots within the game. When you enable our new Screen Capture mode, you will be able to take larger scale pictures of your worlds and builds rather than using the old method of taking many smaller pictures and piecing them together!

(Thank you to all of our amazing testers involved in this build!)

o6tbG4b.png

Further additions include the map marking the last spot where you've died and being able to see text inside signs when you hover your cursor over them from a distance...plus a few other details that I'll leave hidden for now. ;)

kdcROYP.png

On behalf of the entire Terraria dev team, I hope you enjoy these spoilers and that they continue to keep you hyped and excited for Terraria 1.3!
[DOUBLEPOST=1433545814,1433545756][/DOUBLEPOST]Will the 1.3 update support windows 10 builds/and windows 10? (Ik 1.3 comes out before windows 10 full release) But

[DOUBLEPOST=1433545814,1433545756][/DOUBLEPOST]Will the 1.3 update support windows 10 builds/and windows 10? (Ik 1.3 comes out before windows 10 full release) But
If Terraria runs on XP through 8.1 I'm sure it works on Windows 10 too. Breaking compatibility with old software wouldn't be smart for Microsoft.

edit: Authoritatively ninja'd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom