Sprites New Accessories and Accessory Revisions

How do you feel about this thread?

• Most of the items have a sort of problem with them. (Reply for an explaination)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give up, this won't go anywhere. (Reply for an explaination)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That would be a really cool idea
endgame shield

Terra-shield
Crafted with 10 Luminite bars + 10 Solar fragments + 10 Vortext fragments + 10 Nebula fragments + 10 Stardust fragments + Ankh shield + Pocket mirror + Hand warmer + (other stuff) @ Ancient manipulator & tinkerer's workshop (both together)

Gives 10 defense
Provides immunity to fire blocks and knockback
Whenever you would receive one of the following debuffs, it becomes transformed into the buff version for 10 seconds

Broken armor -> Tough armor (+5 defense)
Bleeding -> Vampiric strength (+1.5hp/s)
Poisoned -> Feeling great! (+1hp/s)
Cursed flames -> Flaming shield (Attacks inflict cursed flames)
Ichor -> Bloody shield (Attacks inflict ichor)
Shadowflame (if possible) -> Shadow's blessing (Attacks inflict shadowflame)
etc...

you get the idea
Sounds like a neat concept, but I might use buffs that are already in the game to do this.
Example:

Bleeding ---> Regeneration; Bleeding removes natural regen. Regeneration gives you some instead.
Broken Armor ---> Ironskin; Broken Armor halves your defense, and is replaced with Ironskin giving you extra.
Silenced ---> Magic Power; Silenced prevents the usage of mage weapons, Magic Power increases, well, Magic Power.
Slow ---> Swiftness; Slow slows you down, Swiftness does the opposite.
Weak ---> Wrath; Weak decreases physical abilities, Wrath increases damage to all weapons.
On Fire ---> Inferno; On Fire sets you on fire, Inferno lets you set others on fire.
And so on.

I think it would be a lot easier to use buffs already in the game for this. But debuffs that don't have corresponding buffs might get their own from the mod.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Hooooo boy.
Okay I'm gonna try to ACTUALLY go through and read all of this now. It's been a while since I've read through a suggestion this big.
I'm gonna give feedback as if I DIDN'T have any beforehand knowledge of what's in this suggestion, so get ready to get peeved at me.

Reflective Glove
Pocket_Mirror.png
+
Hand_Warmer.png
at
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop.png
= View attachment 268032
• Provides immunity to Stoned, Chilled, and Frozen. Material.

Now you may be thinking: "Why would the Ankh Shield require a Christmas-only accessory to craft?
It doesn't. At least, not anymore.

- The Hand Warmer now has a 1% / 2% (1/100 / 1/50) chance to drop from the following enemies: Ice Slimes, Spiked Ice Slimes, Ice Bats, and Icy Mermen.
- It also has a 25% / 50% (1/4 / 1/2) chance to drop from Ice Golems.
Not super notable, but I dig that you made the Hand Warmer drop from Ice Golems with such a high chance. I like this.

Spectre Charm
View attachment 268034
• Provides immunity to Blackout. Summons offensive lost souls when below 50% mana.

- Has a 10% / 20% (1/10 / 1/5) chance to drop from Ragged Casters.
This is only going to protect against one enemy and will make the fireballs from the Torch God's event less visible. Never would I ever bother trying to get this.
The Lost Soul bonus is straight-up tacked on, especially as you've given no description of how they work. I'll assume they work like the Spectre Staff's projectiles, which... maybe? I can't be sure, because you don't detail them at all.
This item might do better if you present it as an Offensive accessory instead of an immunity one, treating the immunity to Blackout as a side bonus.

Web Cutters
Cobweb.png
+
Sickle.png
+ 5
Spider_Fang.png
at
Iron_Anvil.png
= View attachment 276589
• Provides immunity to Webbed. You no longer get stuck in cobwebs and have a chance to collect twice as many natural cobwebs. Material.
• Tooltip: 'Who knew a pair of scissors could be so fancy?'
Okay, this one I actually really like. The immunity to Webbed only applies in Expert and Master Mode, though, so perhaps present that part last, maybe as a side bonus that goes unmentioned in the tooltip. Speaking of last, the chance to double destroyed cobwebs sounds like it'd be more annoying than anything. I might only have a surplus of them because I don't use them for crafting much, though.

Venom Antidote
View attachment 268033
• Provides immunity to Venom and Poison. Material.

- Has a 2% / 4% (1/50 / 1/25) chance to drop from Black Black Recluses.
A second immunity accessory from Black Recluse- OH. Wait, I see. These are BLACK Black Recluses, okay. Everything's fine, then. RESUME.
Yeah, no, just kidding. Looking at this item, I think you might've been better off just lumping the Venom immunity with the Medicated Bandage.

Feral Shots
View attachment 268115
• Provides immunity to Feral Bite. Material.

- Has a 2.5% / 5% (1/40 / 1/20) chance to drop from the following: Giant Bats, Illuminant Bats, Lava Bats, Giant Flying Foxes, and Vampires.
The Feral Shot is more of a detriment than anything else, as Feral Bite grants a damage bonus that this item would nullify. However, it can be acquired before the Ankh Shield in most cases, so I see why this could be useful.

Clinger's Eye
Cursed_Flame.png
+
Soul_of_Sight.gif
+
Nazar.png
+ View attachment 269654at
Adamantite_Forge.png
/
Titanium_Forge.png
= View attachment 269643
• Immunity to Cursed and Cursed Inferno. Buffs the Cursed Inferno and summons a ring of Cursed Flame around you. Material.
- Decayed Scleras View attachment 269654 have a 2.5% / 5% (1/40 / 1/20) chance to drop from the following: World Feeders, Clingers, and Corrupters.
• It stares at the nearest enemy when held.
• Tooltip: 'Its gaze follows you...'

Yeah... there's a reason why this item is post Mech Bosses.

Debuff: Cursed Inferno
Cursed_Inferno.png

• Without Clinger's Eye:
-6 health per second, and 10% reduced damage

• With Clinger's Eye:
-60 health per second, and 20% reduced damage

I decided the debuff needed a buff. (How ironic.)
Ay caramba, how time changes things. Okay, so Cursed Inferno got bumped up to 12 DPS in Journey's End, though it was meant to be 24 DPS and will be fixed later on. That's actually pretty good now, and the Clinger's Inferno, I realize, is kinda pushing it. Perhaps lowering it to 48 DPS would be a little less insane.
As for the Cursed Inferno immunity? I think this item would ALSO benefit from being presented as an Offensive accessory instead, focusing on the buff to Cursed Inferno while making the immunity a side bonus. Giving the Clinger's Eye offensive tinkers instead of immunity ones would also serve it well.

Divine Polish
Ichor.png
+
Soul_of_Sight.gif
+
Armor_Polish.png
+ View attachment 268296 at
Adamantite_Forge.png
/
Titanium_Forge.png
= View attachment 268036
• Immunity to Broken Armor and Ichor. Buffs the Ichor and summons homing drops of ichor on attack. Material.
- Stickers' Pouches View attachment 268297 have a 5% / 10% (1/20 / 1/10) chance to drop from the following: Ichor Stickers.
• Sprays a stream of harmless ichor.
• Tooltip: 'Filled with the golden blood of the gods...'

This one is just as OP, and you'll see why below.

Debuff: Ichor
Ichor_%28debuff%29.png

• Without Divine Polish:
-20 defense

• With Divine Polish:
-40 defense and -35% movement speed

I might be going a bit overkill with this one.
You absolutely are, don't you worry.
DOUBLING the defense reduction is pretty insane, except that most enemies don't even HAVE that much defense. Ichor didn't need a buff of its own, and doesn't benefit too much more from furthered defense reduction; Cursed Inferno only needed a buff before because it used to just deal 6 damage every second. I like the idea of giving it an additional effect like the slowdown, but the slowdown, specifically, is a problem, since any enemy AI that isn't a fighter will actually set the devs' computers on fire when you try to apply movement speed reduction to them. I'd encourage you to think of something else.

Flame Charm
Living_Fire_Block.png
+ View attachment 269791 +
Lava_Charm.png
at
Adamantite_Forge.png
/
Titanium_Forge.png
= View attachment 276591
• Immunity to On Fire and provides 14 seconds of immunity to lava. Chance to summon a fireball when hit.

- Has a 10% chance to summon a fireball on hit, that deals 30 damage and inflicts On Fire.
- Lava Bat Wings View attachment 269791 have a 2.5% / 5% (1/40 / 1/20) chance to drop from the following: Lava Bats, Hellbats (After at least one mechanical boss is defeated)
Like the Lost Souls, you haven't described the fireball at all, and, like the Spectre Charm, this item feels much more fit for being an Offensive accessory than an immunity one.
Making the fireball a Damage Retaliation effect already doesn't sound very good, which is largely because most Damage Retal effects in this game aren't. The fireball effect feels really forced, not to mention the Bat Wing material. Why not just add the On Fire immunity to another accessory, and use THAT as a material for this, instead of the Living Fire Blocks and Bat Wing? The Obsidian Skull is an option that makes sense, but for the purpose of the Flame Charm, the Magma Stone would both fit the On Fire immunity AND the extra fireball effect.

Soul of Bravery
Endurance_Potion.png
+
Titan_Glove.png
+
Soul_of_Fright.gif
+ at
Crystal_Ball.png
= View attachment 268038
• Provides immunity to Horrified and gives an endless Endurance buff when in your inventory. Material.

This one might be kind of a stretch.
And yes, it's an Undertale reference.

Moving on.
I- No, wait, hold on there, pal.
The Titan Glove works for the Tough Glove reference, but the entire involvement of Endurance is both really forced and nonsensical, as the Orange Soul and Tough Glove are more offensive. None of the Titan Glove's effects actually carry over to the Soul of Bravery, either, which makes the item itself feel unforgivably forced. I'd say put some more thought into this.

Magma Rose
View attachment 271591 +
Magma_Stone.png
at
= View attachment 276594
• Inflicts fire damage on any attack, and reduces lava damage by 85%. Material.

- Obsidian Roses View attachment 271592 now have had their drop chance increased from 2% (1/50) to 2.5% / 5% (1/40 / 1/20).
Nice and simple.
Goode
A+
Achieve

Molten Skull Rose

View attachment 271594 + View attachment 276596 at
= View attachment 271596

Function stays the same, but now has an extra recipe.
Nicely patched the hole.
Goodere
A++
AAchieve

Flamewing Rose
View attachment 276595 +View attachment 276592 + View attachment 271594 at
= View attachment 268118
View attachment 271593 +View attachment 276593 at
= View attachment 268118
• All attacks deal fire damage and have a chance to summon flaming bats. Chance to summon a fireball when hit.
• Provides immunity to On Fire and lava. Material.
- Flamewing BatView attachment 269648 - Homes in and deals 25 damage

- Fireball View attachment 269649 - Deals (30) x (Amount of damage you took) E.g:If you took 200 damage in one hit, the fireball would deal 600 damage.

Yep, this one's quite powerful offensive and defensive-wise.
Oh, NOW you detail the fireball, okay. But only the damage, and it seems your math is, how you say, w r o n k, as 200 Damage x 30 = 6,000 Damage. That's pretty insane for something you can just get before Hardmode even starts, except, oh wait, you barred the Fire Charm off with two Hardmode materials. Don't tell me that's the only reason the Lava Bat Wings exist.
Talking about the Flamewing Rose as a whole, though (the name doesn't quite feel like it fits with the visual, but that might just be me), the effects all fit together without being too much of a stretch. It just... needs some adjusting.

Amenta Shield
Ankh_Shield.png
+ View attachment 268118 + at
= View attachment 276590

• +5 defense. Immunity to most debuffs, knockback, lava, and fire blocks. Chance to summon a fireball when hit.
• Inflicts fire on any attack and has a chance to summon flaming bats. A demonic tail will fight for you. Material.

- Demon Tail - Deals 110 Damage, 2/3 the range of Solar Eruption, has a 5 second cooldown
Really good sprite, there. Kinda weird to be including the Obsidian Skull recipe in one recipe, though I guess I also suggested that the Magma Stone should be used twice for the Flamewing Charm, too, so I've got no ground to stand on.
Now, the Amenta Shield is starting to feel like a bit much.

Flesh Gauntlet
View attachment 271587 + View attachment 273634 at
= View attachment 273635
• +6 defense. Increased melee knockback and melee attack speed. 8% Increased damage and 8% increased critical strike chance. Enemies are much more likely to target you.
• Attacks have a chance to reduce an enemy's offensive stats.
• Enables autoswing for melee weapons.

Attacks have a 10% chance to inflict Berserked for 7 seconds.

Debuff: Berserked

-25% damage
Wow, cool, you've made an objectvely-better Mechanical Glove (and Fire Gauntlet, if Leinfors can get its damage bonus bumped up to 12%). I don't think I have to explain why this is a bad idea.

Honeycomb
View attachment 269838
• Releases bees when damaged, and allows you to swim in honey. Mobility is slightly increased on Honey Blocks. Material.

I made the bees ever so slightly stronger, so now they do 9-12 damage instead of 7-8, and 13-20 with the Hive Pack equipped.
Plus it also always summons 3-4 bees, or 5-6 with the Hive Pack. Seems a bit more useful now, doesn't it?
It's also even more useful because honey and Honey Blocks won't be that much of a concern with it, since mobility isn't as decreased in them.
These buffs with also be included in all of its tinkers.
Nnnneh, I personally let go of the increased honey mobility on my suggestion since its utility was about as bad as the Ice Skates, if not worse. The bees are also still horrendously weak, but I think you can leave that as-is if you relegate them to a sort of "flavor" effect and gave the Honeycomb new utility. You could also just buff the bees further, but I suppose that's what the Stinger Necklace was for.

Sharpheart Necklace
View attachment 271588 +
Shark_Tooth_Necklace.png
= View attachment 268120

• Increases movement speed when damaged. Increases armor penetration by 5. Material.
I don't understand this one. The effects are completely unrelated.

Honeytooth Necklace
View attachment 274075 +
Shark_Tooth_Necklace.png
at
= View attachment 268119
View attachment 269838 + View attachment 268120 at
= View attachment 268119
View attachment 271590 + View attachment 271589 at
= View attachment 268119
• Releases bees and increases movement speed when damaged. Increases armor penetration by 5.
• Honey Blocks become un-sticky when equipped. Allows you to swim in honey. Material.
I understand this both more AND less at the same time. The Panic Necklace has absolutely no business being here.

Sweet Tooth Veil
View attachment 268119 +
Star_Veil.png
at
= View attachment 268122
View attachment 268120 +
Bee_Cloak.png
+
Cross_Necklace.png
at
= View attachment 268122
• Causes homing stars to fall, releases wasps, increases movement speed and length of invincibility after taking damage.
• Wasps and stars heal the player half of the damage they dealt. Increases armor penetration by 10.
• Honey Blocks become un-sticky when eqipped, and allows you to swim in honey.

This one is also one of my favorites. That's all I have to say.
You really just slapped all of these underperforming accessories together and went, "This is good."
None of the accessories in this are good, to begin with, except for the Shark Tooth Necklace, which is mostly only for PreHardmode. Combining them together, you've made...
An item.
With four bad accessory effects.
That Shark Tooth Necklace is only gonna add 2.5 damage to each attack, and that includes the bees and stars. That's not a lot, even when you add it up, and it doesn't, at all, make up for any amount of damage you can take from one hit, especially in harder difficulties. The Cross Necklace and Panic Necklace barely helps you actually avoid damage; the C.N. only helps with back-to-back hits (which the Cobalt Shield does just fine), and the P.N. is outclassed by a LOT of othemobility options.

I think your unconscious mind's on the right track:

Ring of Balloons
View attachment 269993 + View attachment 269994 + View attachment 269995 at View attachment 269868 = View attachment 270045
• Allows the user to decuple jump, and is more effective in the desert and its storms, the snow and its blizzards, jungle, underwater, the rain, underground, caverns, the Underworld, and space.
• Releases bees when damaged. Allows you to swim in honey, and Honey Blocks become un-sticky. Attackers take damage.
• Greatly increases jump height.
• Jumps are in order: Normal, Sandstorm, Cloud, Blizzard, Magma, Ash, Obsidian, Sharkron, Honey, and Fart.
• The Sandstorm jump summons a sandnado to suck up enemies.
• The Cloud jump summons a cloud to rain on enemies.
• The Blizzard jump summons a slow moving frost shard to freeze enemies.
• The Magma jump creates an eruption of flame below that stuns enemies.
• The Ash jump creates ash particles that slow and confuse enemies.
• The Obsidian jump summons an obsidian boulder that knocks enemies back when nearby. Material.
• The Sharkron jump creates a mini tsunami that knocks enemies away when nearby.
• The Honey jump summons two tough but slow bees.
• The Fart jump creates a fart cloud under you that stinks and poisons enemies.

Yeah, the sprite's all over the place, I know, I know. (Bry's Bloon Twister does look a lot better to be honest.)

The first jump boosts you 15% higher in Space,
the second (Sandstorm) jump boosts you 15% higher in the Desert, and 30% higher in a Sandstorm,
the third (Cloud) jump boosts you 15% higher in the Underground,
the fourth (Blizzard) jump boosts you 15% higher in the Snow biome, and 30% higher in a Blizzard,
the fifth (Magma) jump boosts you 30% higher in the Underworld,
the sixth (Ash) jump boosts you 15% higher in the Caverns, and 30% higher in the Underworld,
the seventh (Obsidian) jump boosts you 30% higher in the Caverns,
the eighth (Sharkron) jump boosts you 15% higher in Rain, and 30% higher when fully submerged in water,
the ninth (Honey) jump boosts you 15% higher in the Jungle and Underground Jungle,
the tenth (Fart) jump boosts you 30% higher in the Underground.

The Sandstorm jump summons a sandnado that sucks up enemies and deals 1 damage per second to enemies in the sandnado.
The Cloud jump summons a cloud that deals 10 damage and inflicts the Wet View attachment 269841 debuff for 10 seconds.
The Blizzard jump summons a slow homing frost shard that deals 20 damage and inflicts Frostburn View attachment 270026 for 5 seconds.
The Magma jump creates an eruption of flames that inflict the On Fire View attachment 269990 debuff (for 10 / 20 seconds), and Dazed View attachment 269991 (for 8 / 16 seconds).
The Ash jump creates ash particles that inflict Slow View attachment 269881 (for 15 / 30 seconds) and Confused View attachment 269882 (for 7 / 14 seconds).

The Obsidian jump summons an obsidian boulder that has a Knockback of 10 and deals 35 damage. (It only appears when enemies are within 30 blocks and in line of sight of the player. )

The Sharkron jump creates a mini tsunami that has a Knockback of 8, and deals 25 damage. (It only appears when enemies are within 30 blocks and in line of sight of the player.)
Both the Sharkron jump and the mini tsunami inflict the Wet View attachment 269841 debuff for 10 seconds.

The Honey jump summons two slow bees that deal 13-20 Damage, and 21-25 Damage with the Hive Pack equipped.
The Fart jump inflicts Stinky View attachment 269985 (for 30 seconds), and Poison View attachment 269986 (for 10 / 20 seconds).
Okay, this is absolutely too much and convoluted. You took my ideas and just gave them all to every balloon, which just removes all of their uniqueness. I made three of the balloons (originally two) go higher for flavor purposes, two of them give utility purposes, one of them just be a plain jump, and three of them be damage-oriented; meanwhile, you just made the balloon bundle harder to keep track of, as jumps will be wildly inconsistent as you move from location to location, and now they ALL deal damage. Jumps don't NEED the offensive abilities or any special effects, as they're mobility items, first and foremost; I added them to balloons because it helped to give them more unique jumping styles and uses that set them apart from the rest of the jumps, not just to look flashy.
The whole thing is needlessly complicated and overstuffed, and it's going to make things much harder for players to understand when each balloon has multiple effects that are all shared by each other but slightly different.

Shield of the Ancients

Haven't thought of a good enough recipe yet. Sorry.
• +7 defense. Grants immunity to almost every vanilla debuff, knockback, lava, and fire blocks.
• Puts a shell around the owner that reduces a maximum of 400 damage by 50% when below 50% life. Any damage higher then max will only be reduced by 25%.
• 500% of enemy damage is repelled back to the enemy when above 50% life.
• Inflicts Frostburn and On Fire on any attack, and has a chance to inflict Cursed Inferno and Ichor on attack.
• Attacks have a chance to summon flaming bats.
• You no longer get stuck in cobwebs, and have an endless Endurance buff.
• Tooltip: 'Nothing can get in your way.'

- Idolized Stones View attachment 268126 have a 100% ( 1/1) chance to drop 10-20 from Golem.
You forgot to remove your hot potato from the page.

Hooooo boy.
Okay I'm gonna try to ACTUALLY go through and read all of this now. It's been a while since I've read through a suggestion this big.
I'm gonna give feedback as if I DIDN'T have any beforehand knowledge of what's in this suggestion, so get ready to get peeved at me.

This is going to be literal hell to try to reply to.

Hooooo boy.

This is only going to protect against one enemy and will make the fireballs from the Torch God's event less visible. Never would I ever bother trying to get this.
The Lost Soul bonus is straight-up tacked on, especially as you've given no description of how they work. I'll assume they work like the Spectre Staff's projectiles, which... maybe? I can't be sure, because you don't detail them at all.
This item might do better if you present it as an Offensive accessory instead of an immunity one, treating the immunity to Blackout as a side bonus.

I see you commenting this a lot, and I'm not entirely sure on what you mean by that. Do you mean to simply move the debuff tooltip lower down on the tooltip list, or something more then that? I get what you mean by having the accessory catered towards a certain playstyle, but maybe elaborate on this. (The Torch God will most likely be long gone by the time you get this item.)

Okay, this one I actually really like. The immunity to Webbed only applies in Expert and Master Mode, though, so perhaps present that part last, maybe as a side bonus that goes unmentioned in the tooltip. Speaking of last, the chance to double destroyed cobwebs sounds like it'd be more annoying than anything. I might only have a surplus of them because I don't use them for crafting much, though.

I felt as if the two uses on their own weren't really good enough, since one of them would only work in Expert Mode. But maybe the double cobwebs could be a toggle on the left?

A second immunity accessory from Black Recluse- OH. Wait, I see. These are BLACK Black Recluses, okay. Everything's fine, then. RESUME.
Yeah, no, just kidding. Looking at this item, I think you might've been better off just lumping the Venom immunity with the Medicated Bandage.

I'll think about that.

The Feral Shot is more of a detriment than anything else, as Feral Bite grants a damage bonus that this item would nullify. However, it can be acquired before the Ankh Shield in most cases, so I see why this could be useful.

Feral Bite can be inflicted by most bats, which can also cause side effects such as Cursed, Weak, and Slow. It's both a blessing and a curse, and I'd rather not have random debuffs being inflicted to me (before I get the Ankh Shield) and regen being decreased compared to dealing increased damage.

Ay caramba, how time changes things. Okay, so Cursed Inferno got bumped up to 12 DPS in Journey's End, though it was meant to be 24 DPS and will be fixed later on. That's actually pretty good now, and the Clinger's Inferno, I realize, is kinda pushing it. Perhaps lowering it to 48 DPS would be a little less insane.
As for the Cursed Inferno immunity? I think this item would ALSO benefit from being presented as an Offensive accessory instead, focusing on the buff to Cursed Inferno while making the immunity a side bonus. Giving the Clinger's Eye offensive tinkers instead of immunity ones would also serve it well.

I'm sure you remember the good old days of the Cursed Amulet (god that sprite was terrible). Presenting it as an offensive accessory sounds good.
You absolutely are, don't you worry.
DOUBLING the defense reduction is pretty insane, except that most enemies don't even HAVE that much defense. Ichor didn't need a buff of its own, and doesn't benefit too much more from furthered defense reduction; Cursed Inferno only needed a buff before because it used to just deal 6 damage every second. I like the idea of giving it an additional effect like the slowdown, but the slowdown, specifically, is a problem, since any enemy AI that isn't a fighter will actually set the devs' computers on fire when you try to apply movement speed reduction to them. I'd encourage you to think of something else.

Oh yeah, I forgot the game horribly astral projects into oblivion when you try to slow an enemy by an incredibly minor variable. I wsa going to say something about "world evil equality" but that's completely out of the window.

Like the Lost Souls, you haven't described the fireball at all, and, like the Spectre Charm, this item feels much more fit for being an Offensive accessory than an immunity one.
Making the fireball a Damage Retaliation effect already doesn't sound very good, which is largely because most Damage Retal effects in this game aren't. The fireball effect feels really forced, not to mention the Bat Wing material. Why not just add the On Fire immunity to another accessory, and use THAT as a material for this, instead of the Living Fire Blocks and Bat Wing? The Obsidian Skull is an option that makes sense, but for the purpose of the Flame Charm, the Magma Stone would both fit the On Fire immunity AND the extra fireball effect.

I probably should've better described the fireball, yeah. About the Lava Wings, unless you're playing Journey Mode, you'll have to grind for two Magma Stones. I didn't want to have an accessory require two of the same uncommon accessories to make, so that's where the Lava Wings come in. Then again, the Lava Wings will likely have more uses then just the Flame Charm.

Perhaps one way to fix this would be to remove the Flame Charm and Lava Wings and add the Flame Charm's recipe to the Flamewing Rose (or whatever I end up calling it).

I- No, wait, hold on there, pal.
The Titan Glove works for the Tough Glove reference, but the entire involvement of Endurance is both really forced and nonsensical, as the Orange Soul and Tough Glove are more offensive. None of the Titan Glove's effects actually carry over to the Soul of Bravery, either, which makes the item itself feel unforgivably forced. I'd say put some more thought into this.

Looking back, I'm not entirely sure why I decided to add this in. The one debuff it protects against practically breaks the fight it's present in. The infinite Endurance probably doesn't help the item itself, and the reference is blunt and out of nowhere.

Yeah, it's probably going to be removed.

Oh, NOW you detail the fireball, okay. But only the damage, and it seems your math is, how you say, w r o n k, as 200 Damage x 30 = 6,000 Damage. That's pretty insane for something you can just get before Hardmode even starts, except, oh wait, you barred the Fire Charm off with two Hardmode materials. Don't tell me that's the only reason the Lava Bat Wings exist.
Talking about the Flamewing Rose as a whole, though (the name doesn't quite feel like it fits with the visual, but that might just be me), the effects all fit together without being too much of a stretch. It just... needs some adjusting.

Holy crap I completely messed up that calculation (I genuinely don't even know how that happened). The name is the way it is because it's 'Flame' (which this accessory practically screams), 'wing' (I'm pretty sure you actually suggested this design to add the wings), and 'Rose' (it uses a rose, what more do you want?). I'll see what I can do to adjust it.

Really good sprite, there. Kinda weird to be including the Obsidian Skull recipe in one recipe, though I guess I also suggested that the Magma Stone should be used twice for the Flamewing Charm, too, so I've got no ground to stand on.
Now, the Amenta Shield is starting to feel like a bit much.

My friend made that sprite, don't credit me for it. (See, I wasn't the only one thinking about the two Magma Stones.)
Wow, cool, you've made an objectvely-better Mechanical Glove (and Fire Gauntlet, if Leinfors can get its damage bonus bumped up to 12%). I don't think I have to explain why this is a bad idea.

You're giving me mixed messages here. Is this because of the low added damage?

Nnnneh, I personally let go of the increased honey mobility on my suggestion since its utility was about as bad as the Ice Skates, if not worse. The bees are also still horrendously weak, but I think you can leave that as-is if you relegate them to a sort of "flavor" effect and gave the Honeycomb new utility. You could also just buff the bees further, but I suppose that's what the Stinger Necklace was for.

Had to buff it somehow. There's currently no accessories that improve mobility on (and in) honey, so I had to do something.

I don't understand this one. The effects are completely unrelated.

Took me a moment to think about it, but you're right. It's tinker works fine with two recipes.

I understand this both more AND less at the same time. The Panic Necklace has absolutely no business being here.

I'm not sure if simply buffing its effect to better fit would be the best solution to this, or to add another function to it instead.

You really just slapped all of these underperforming accessories together and went, "This is good."
None of the accessories in this are good, to begin with, except for the Shark Tooth Necklace, which is mostly only for PreHardmode. Combining them together, you've made...
An item.
With four bad accessory effects.
That Shark Tooth Necklace is only gonna add 2.5 damage to each attack, and that includes the bees and stars. That's not a lot, even when you add it up, and it doesn't, at all, make up for any amount of damage you can take from one hit, especially in harder difficulties. The Cross Necklace and Panic Necklace barely helps you actually avoid damage; the C.N. only helps with back-to-back hits (which the Cobalt Shield does just fine), and the P.N. is outclassed by a LOT of othemobility options.

I think your unconscious mind's on the right track:

Unconscious you say?

I suppose this is what I get for trying to make a "tankier" accessory.

Oh well, it's not like buffing it's effects will help anyway.
Okay, this is absolutely too much and convoluted. You took my ideas and just gave them all to every balloon, which just removes all of their uniqueness. I made three of the balloons (originally two) go higher for flavor purposes, two of them give utility purposes, one of them just be a plain jump, and three of them be damage-oriented; meanwhile, you just made the balloon bundle harder to keep track of, as jumps will be wildly inconsistent as you move from location to location, and now they ALL deal damage. Jumps don't NEED the offensive abilities or any special effects, as they're mobility items, first and foremost; I added them to balloons because it helped to give them more unique jumping styles and uses that set them apart from the rest of the jumps, not just to look flashy.
The whole thing is needlessly complicated and overstuffed, and it's going to make things much harder for players to understand when each balloon has multiple effects that are all shared by each other but slightly different.

So what you're saying is to only give a few balloons their own key features, instead of stuffing em' all with random effects like overstuffing a Christmas turkey?

Now that you mention it, that might be the only solution to this amalgamation of helium and rubber. Though I want to be unique(ish) with these balloons and give them their own uses, so that will probably be up for discussion.

You forgot to remove your hot potato from the page.

Thanks.

Okay, that wasn't that bad after all.

I really like the idea behind the Clinger's Eye. Cursed Inferno as an effect could quite use a buff.

And I wonder what an accessory which pushed balloons to their absolute limit like with your decuple jump would be like. Could it be used as a viable alternative to wings, provided you can actually get the accessory in a single world in the first place?

I really like the idea behind the Clinger's Eye. Cursed Inferno as an effect could quite use a buff.

And I wonder what an accessory which pushed balloons to their absolute limit like with your decuple jump would be like. Could it be used as a viable alternative to wings, provided you can actually get the accessory in a single world in the first place?
Supposedly, yes. Though the Ring of Balloons can be acquired pre-Hardmode, and might make some early Hardmode wings completely obsolete. I might need to make it a hardmode exclusive item. Thanks for your support though.

I want the ballons so badly, I love it, i never undestand why we can't fuse all the ballons, would be awesome.
I already seen something like that before on reddit, something called Festival of Ballons. (Credits on the image.)

Festival of Ballons
1594432348682.png

I want the ballons so badly, I love it, i never undestand why we can't fuse all the ballons, would be awesome.
I already seen something like that before on reddit, something called Festival of Ballons.
Thank you for your support, I will need to update the sprite for it though since it's a real mess at the moment.

[WARNING] BIG CHANGES TO THIS THREAD INBOUND [WARNING]

I've decided to update the thread, change a bunch of stuff here and there. Here are the following:

- Removed the Sharpheart Necklace and Honey Tooth Necklace.
- Added the Holy Pendant and Life Veil.
- Revamped the Sweet Tooth Veil's recipe, sprite, and abilities.
- Removed the extra abilities added to the Honeycomb (better mobility in honey and on Honey Blocks).
- Resprited the Shiny Red Balloon and all of its vanilla tinkers.
- Added the Flesh Reaver Necklace, which replaces the Flesh Gauntlet. The Berserked debuff is now inflicted by the Berserker's Glove.
- Resprited and renamed the Clinger's Eye accessory into the Vile Amulet. The recipe has also been changed to remove the Cursed Flame.
- The Decayed Sclera material has been renamed to the Clinger's Eye.
- Removed the Ichor from the Divine Polish's recipe.
- Removed the Venom Antidote and Feral Shots, both immunities are now part of the Medicated Bandage (what a strong bandage).
- Revamped the Spectre Charm's abilities.
- Renamed the Flame Charm to Prometheus's Gift, now only provides immunity to On Fire and can be found in Shadow Chests (I am aware of the Molten armor's set bonus, keep in mind both items have separate uses, the accessory is a material and the armor provides other stats).
- Removed the Magma Rose.
- Renamed the Flamewing Rose to Hellbringer's Crown, and revamped its abilities and recipes. The new effects carry over to the Amenta Shield.

And I believe that's all there is. Let me know what you think of these changes. See y'all soon.

Back
Top Bottom