Weapons & Equip New accessory idea: Frostspark Boots and Lava Waders combo

13thDaedalus

Terrarian
I'm sure that this has been suggested in the past, but I just wanna put this out there. I think that the lava waders and the frostspark boots should be able to be combined into one final boots accessory. It has always seemed strange to me that these two upgrade trees don't converge since their both boot items. I just think it's not worth using the lava waders most of the time since they are usually situation in usage. The item could be called something like the Magmashock boots or something like that. Idk, I guess I'm just tired of having to switch around the lava waders all the time

I agree with @King Victor, this has been suggested in excess, even I've made a similar suggestion :)

The thing is, you didn't add anything special to this suggestion. You just said what literally every Terrarian has thought once.

• Love
Reactions: Bry
I agree with @King Victor, this has been suggested in excess, even I've made a similar suggestion :)

The thing is, you didn't add anything special to this suggestion. You just said what literally every Terrarian has thought once.

figured that might be the case, I just had an idea and thought I'd get it out there. I didn't do much checking beforehand to see if anyone else had suggested it before. Sorry for the repeat!

figured that might be the case, I just had an idea and thought I'd get it out there. I didn't do much checking beforehand to see if anyone else had suggested it before. Sorry for the repeat!
Maybe next time you'll do at least a cursory check before posting, then?

Anyway, unless a Frostspark Boots x Lava Waders combo is in the offing for the Journey's End update, that's what mods are for. There's several major content mods that do exactly what you want (Calamity and Thorium come most readily to mind), or use components of the two accessories in an entirely new crafting chain to achieve the same effect (Elements Awoken).

Oh Lord another one, every month there's at least one :sigh:
I mean, what were you expecting? It's such an obvious yet appealing idea.

Yeah, these boots can't really work together unless both go through some significant changes (mainly Frostspark Boots). As far as I'm aware, I'm the only one crazy enough to have fully gone that far, though. If you really want to, 13thDaedalus, you can try your hand at it as long as you account for all of the Frostspark Boots and Lava Waders' problems; keep in mind, for example, that some people prefer using other mobility options over the Frostspark Boots due to much better dodging ability, even if it costs them their A and/or D keys (*CoUgH* Bame).
I just really wanna see what other people can come up with; apologies if you're not interested, Daedalus.

You need to address the issues that the lava waders have before you even think about combining them with anything. They are extremely rare and useful about twice in the entire game, and even then there are potions which actually do the job better.

Maybe next time you'll do at least a cursory check before posting, then?

Anyway, unless a Frostspark Boots x Lava Waders combo is in the offing for the Journey's End update, that's what mods are for. There's several major content mods that do exactly what you want (Calamity and Thorium come most readily to mind), or use components of the two accessories in an entirely new crafting chain to achieve the same effect (Elements Awoken).
I don't think it's appropriate to just say "There's a mod for that." or "That's what mods are for". The whole point of the suggestions page is so people can request features to be put in the game. Yeah, there may be a mod that combines Lava Waders and Frostspark Boots, but what if they want to play vanilla? What if they already have a world going where they can't install a mod without corruption?

I just think nobody should ever really mention mods in the suggestion page, because it defeats the whole purpose of a suggestion. Mods are'nt even canon Terraria, they're just some game improvements/add ons people put together to inject into the game. I could pretty much say "There's a mod for that" to any suggestion I've ever seen. So, to sum it up, it's just not a good argument.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bry
You need to address the issues that the lava waders have before you even think about combining them with anything. They are extremely rare and useful about twice in the entire game, and even then there are potions which actually do the job better.
The easiest idea is to just have Lava warders appear in at least 1 shadow chest.

Another option is to make water walking boots much more common, perhaps they're always found in a water chest, and the lava charm again always spawns in at least one shadow chest, and you just combine the two together, getting rid of the completely strange Obsidian water walking boots.

And perhaps the Lava warder's lava immunity timer is doubled to 14 seconds or even more.

Wait this is the wrong thread to discuss it isn't it :dryadsad:

Back
Top Bottom