New Age Retro Terraria

Hax4Ever

Empress of Light
pLssxQL.png

Here's a small texture pack for those of you who preferred the old look of Terraria.

The goal of this texture pack is to be a Terraria Nostalgia/Retro pack that wouldn't clash
against the current assets, as well as a few extra features to help set it apart a little.

YOL4AEF.png

Various features / improvements include:
Slightly differently shaded classic sun
1.1 esque ores (including some new ones that fit the texture too!)
Old furnace, hellforge, table, crafting table, and door
Green regeneration potions
Classic "Stud" Gems
A very slightly modified sky color
Reshaded weapons from earlier weapons (No more unrealistically large pistols!)
...And most importantly, classic puffy clouds!

9Q50mMj.png
EWBVzwj.png

Another small addition is The Crimson,
as sprites didn't exist for it previously, I had to improvise to give it
a minor visual aesthetic that wouldn't clash against the corruption.
My solution: Making it a (Decent) Recolor of the Corruption

The only notable difference is the trees, don't worry.

UGDXuBl.png

This texture pack isn't for everyone out there as some of these gimmicks
may be a little too different than expected for those who want the old look.
Please don't bug me about the background tiles, I can't be bothered to do
them right now due to excessive amounts of laziness. That's my fault.

You don't need to ask if you can use this in a video, though I'd really appreciate if you'd leave a link to this page in the description.

Changelog
New age Retro Terraria V 1.1
AYbpch6.png

Added walls
Fixed sky sprite

This is designed with Terraria 1.3.4.2 in mind (with experimental features)

Don't worry though, I've still got the downloads for y'all.

New age Retro Terraria 1.1

Mega

New age Retro Terraria 1.0

Main download - Mediafire Mirror - MEGA Mirror

I will not be updating this in the future, or atleast won't for a while, as I've got
other things to do in life, such as attempt to not procrastinate at coding my game.

Next stop, hell on earth!

Last edited:
Mmm, the feels of nostalgia are flooding back to me, this is great.

(Also hot damn sexy banner)

This is great! I'd always wanted to do something like this, but never really motivated myself enough to actually do it. It's especially great to see those old clouds again.

I have a few suggestions for the next release! First, the old textures for ALL of the potions would be awesome! The old textures for metal bars would be cool too! (Don't forget the newer potions and bars). Finally, maybe some older sword textures, and the old piggy bank? It would be awesome to see a fully 'old' texture pack for Terraria, would really make the game feel fresh, but old at the same time! This is a great step in the right direction! Also, did you texture the item sprites while in the inventory?
EDIT: One more thing, I think the old campfire would be quite nice! Sorry for all the requests, but I have so many ideas for this! I really hope this becomes a reality, even if it takes a long time!

Last edited:
Every time I try to change the textures it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work for me?

Every time I try to change the textures it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work for me?
Do it the manual ways: Convert the PNGs to XNB, then place them within C:/Steam/steam apps/commons/Terraria/Content/Images

Do it the manual ways: Convert the PNGs to XNB, then place them within C:/Steam/steam apps/commons/Terraria/Content/Images
I cannot find a way to convert them, do you have any links you can provide? (Or convert the files for me if you can?)

heres one that I hear works like a charm for converting png to xnb: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/yet-another-png-to-xnb-converter.39420/
but if you don't feel like it, or just don't know how to do it (in which case you could look it up, I mean how hard can it be) you can visit the general texture pack discussion, and ask for someone to do it for you :)

heres one that I hear works like a charm for converting png to xnb: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/yet-another-png-to-xnb-converter.39420/
but if you don't feel like it, or just don't know how to do it (in which case you could look it up, I mean how hard can it be) you can visit the general texture pack discussion, and ask for someone to do it for you :)
I don't know how to do any of this and I don't even know where the "General texture pack discussion" is. I'm just a lost and confused dog okay.

I don't know how to do any of this and I don't even know where the "General texture pack discussion" is. I'm just a lost and confused dog okay.
lol ok well what would you like to replace? Like replacing this texture pack with another or just add textures to this one, because if you want to replace/add textures you can look it up on youtube. here's the general texture pack thread if you would like to request a conversion: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/general-texture-pack-discussion.127/

This looks promising, my only issue is that 1.1 is only a mega link.

I don't trust mega in the slightest...
Mega is completely fine if you click the "Download in browser" button, there's a 5gb daily download limit per IP though, to lift that limit they make you pay for their pro membership. Megasync works too.

Mega =/= Megaupload.

On a note unrelated to what I just said though related to this texture pack:
I won't be updating this pack as I have another in the work that essentially is a total conversion for Terraria's graphics, changing the artstyle to fit my own.

Mega is completely fine if you click the "Download in browser" button, there's a 5gb daily download limit per IP though, to lift that limit they make you pay for their pro membership. Megasync works too.

Mega =/= Megaupload.

On a note unrelated to what I just said though related to this texture pack:
I won't be updating this pack as I have another in the work that essentially is a total conversion for Terraria's graphics, changing the artstyle to fit my own.

I still don't trust it, I am not into those sites that shove their premium stuff in your face, nagging you to give them money.

I enjoy this texture pack so much! but there is only one more thing i could ask for... old particles and some weapon changes the aqua scepter and star fury looked very diffrent back in the day and the water bolt particle effects looked WAY better i really wish you could add this i know you said you wont work on it very much but please this is all i ask for

Back
Top Bottom