New Age Retro Terraria

I'm gonna bump this old thread to make a reminder:
This is to bring back only few of the old designs into modern Terraria, some things weren't ported over for specific reasons, but I do not plan on touching this pack in the future. I may work on a mod that brings back many old mechanics though, maybe.

This is just ONE thing you can do. and it's reallt simple. Change mana bar from blue to purple. just a recolor, that's it Hax4Ever, you can recolor it

pLssxQL.png

Here's a small texture pack for those of you who preferred the old look of Terraria.

The goal of this texture pack is to be a Terraria Nostalgia/Retro pack that wouldn't clash
against the current assets, as well as a few extra features to help set it apart a little.

YOL4AEF.png

Various features / improvements include:
Slightly differently shaded classic sun
1.1 esque ores (including some new ones that fit the texture too!)
Old furnace, hellforge, table, crafting table, and door
Green regeneration potions
Classic "Stud" Gems
A very slightly modified sky color
Reshaded weapons from earlier weapons (No more unrealistically large pistols!)
...And most importantly, classic puffy clouds!

9Q50mMj.png
EWBVzwj.png

Another small addition is The Crimson,
as sprites didn't exist for it previously, I had to improvise to give it
a minor visual aesthetic that wouldn't clash against the corruption.
My solution: Making it a (Decent) Recolor of the Corruption

The only notable difference is the trees, don't worry.

UGDXuBl.png

This texture pack isn't for everyone out there as some of these gimmicks
may be a little too different than expected for those who want the old look.
Please don't bug me about the background tiles, I can't be bothered to do
them right now due to excessive amounts of laziness. That's my fault.

You don't need to ask if you can use this in a video, though I'd really appreciate if you'd leave a link to this page in the description.

Changelog

New age Retro Terraria V 1.1
AYbpch6.png

Added walls
Fixed sky sprite

This is designed with Terraria 1.3.4.2 in mind (with experimental features)
Don't worry though, I've still got the downloads for y'all.

New age Retro Terraria 1.1

Mega

New age Retro Terraria 1.0
Main download - Mediafire Mirror - MEGA Mirror

I will not be updating this in the future, or atleast won't for a while, as I've got
other things to do in life, such as attempt to not procrastinate at coding my game.

Next stop, hell on earth!
please update this I need it

it dosent work
it dosent show up in 1.4 to enable it
is it because im using winrar?
or are there files missing?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 164
Idk if my update fixed everything but here you go. New Age Retro for 1.4
The hellforge in the inventory has the old texture but uses the new one when places, all the ore tools like gold, silver, copper etc have their new textures, none of the potions have the old textures, the water bolt doesnt have its old texture and tons of other weapons and accessories. :/

The hellforge in the inventory has the old texture but uses the new one when places, all the ore tools like gold, silver, copper etc have their new textures, none of the potions have the old textures, the water bolt doesnt have its old texture and tons of other weapons and accessories. :/
It appears normal to me so idk. Sorry. I’m not good at coding, so it could take a while to make a piece of code to fix this, if tModloader doesn’t come to 1.4 soon.
Edit: wtf was I talking about with tModloader

Last edited:
its cuz most of the id's of the items changed making multiple weapons and stuff of the texture broken the only way to fix that is remakin the whole texture pack to 1.4.
sorry :/

Back
Top Bottom