Weapons & Equip New (and helpful) equipment combos

Duckbytt

Terrarian
I was thinking recently how helpful and possibly even visually pleasing it would be to combine similar, currently un-combinable equipment together for maximum power!

For example;
[Terraspark Boots]
pixil-layer-Background.png

•Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders + Flower Boots(?) + (20-30) Soul of Flight +(10-30) Soul of Might
-Allows flight
-Allows super fast running
-Allows mobility on ice
-Allows immunity to fire blocks
-Allows 7 seconds of lava immunity
-+9% movement speed
-Flowers grow on the grass as you walk on them

[Spec Ops Diving Gear]
•Master Ninja Gear + Arctic Diving Gear
-Allows the ability to climb walls
-Allows the ability to dash
-Allows the ability to swim
-Allows extra mobility on ice
-Extends water breathing
-Grants the chance to dodge attacks
-Provides light while submerged

[Wisp Helmet]
•Miner's Helmet + Wisp in a Bottle + Metal Detector
-Provides brighter light
-Displays the most valuable ore around you
-Works in vanity slot

These are just some of the potential combinations that the plethora of equipment could brew. These combinations are mostly just to save space in the player's equipment slots to gain more buffs via other equipment. Mainly, this was a nudge at Re-Logic, but I hope this also sparks some thought around the community. Feel free to post some your own ideas, I look forward to hearing from you all. If you are to reply, stating those you really like and those that are deemed too OP would be greatly appreciated. Favorites will be kept, OP will be removed/needed and ideas can be added.

Thank you!

Last edited:
This sort of thing gets suggested a lot, and as usual, most of them are way too overpowered, despite the extra Boot functionality potentially being really awesome. But... There is actually one besides the boots that I think would be good. The Spec Ops Diving Gear would combine two very overlooked accessory trees that are often outdated by the time you finish them. Though, to fit the name better, maybe also have a new accessory mini-tree focused on vision, with permanent binocular sight and trap detection (but lower quality than the potion, just a popup in the side that says TRAP DETECTED)? Just a thought.

This sort of thing gets suggested a lot, and as usual, most of them are way too overpowered, despite the extra Boot functionality potentially being really awesome. But... There is actually one besides the boots that I think would be good. The Spec Ops Diving Gear would combine two very overlooked accessory trees that are often outdated by the time you finish them. Though, to fit the name better, maybe also have a new accessory mini-tree focused on vision, with permanent binocular sight and trap detection (but lower quality than the potion, just a popup in the side that says TRAP DETECTED)? Just a thought.
That's actually a really cool thought! I'm thinking of removing those that are claimed too OP by those commenting, keeping the ones you all really like (ex. the boots) and then adding the ideas brought by the community. I appreciate the input.

That's actually a really cool thought! I'm thinking of removing those that are claimed too OP by those commenting, keeping the ones you all really like (ex. the boots) and then adding the ideas brought by the community. I appreciate the input.

Hmm, so you're still accepting (hopefully) constructive criticisms? Well then, I have an thing or two to say. First off, I do think the Mana Regen Band could really use an upgrade path that doesn't end up completely different from it's base components, but I personally think that tankiness and mages go together like oil and water. They just don't mix. Second thing, while I love the idea of the Frozen Turtle Shell actually being usable, combining it with arguably the most powerful accessory in the game is complete overkill. Just to toss out an idea, maybe the Frozen Paladin's shield? Oh yeah, and the Paladin's Shield plus the Ankh Shield has the same problem as the Terrashell. Leave that stuff to the uber-mods. One last thing, the Wisp Helmet. If you're going along with my suggestion for the Diving Gear, then maybe have whatever the trap detector accessory is go down two separate paths? Like the Obsidian Horshoe done right. I was thinking something like this mods Tinted Goggles? https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/quality-of-life.27681/ I'm just tossing stuff out here at this point. I hope at least some of it was helpful. `:sigh:

Hmm, so you're still accepting (hopefully) constructive criticisms? Well then, I have an thing or two to say. First off, I do think the Mana Regen Band could really use an upgrade path that doesn't end up completely different from it's base components, but I personally think that tankiness and mages go together like oil and water. They just don't mix. Second thing, while I love the idea of the Frozen Turtle Shell actually being usable, combining it with arguably the most powerful accessory in the game is complete overkill. Just to toss out an idea, maybe the Frozen Paladin's shield? Oh yeah, and the Paladin's Shield plus the Ankh Shield has the same problem as the Terrashell. Leave that stuff to the uber-mods. One last thing, the Wisp Helmet. If you're going along with my suggestion for the Diving Gear, then maybe have whatever the trap detector accessory is go down two separate paths? Like the Obsidian Horshoe done right. I was thinking something like this mods Tinted Goggles? https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/quality-of-life.27681/ I'm just tossing stuff out here at this point. I hope at least some of it was helpful. `:sigh:
Wow, you were holding a lot back :confused: And yes, I really appreciate the criticism.
First off, it didn't really ever cross my mind that the Charm would be super tank-y, so thank you for that. Secondly, I do agree that the Frozen Paladin's Shield would be great by helping negate some of that damage percentage taken. However, that seems kind of like an unfair usage for two underused accessories, so I might need further assistance with making another tree for that, just so I don't end up making another OP thing and further tainting the thread? And with the Wisp Helmet, I believe I see where you want me to take that, like one tree being for the increased brightness and another being for that whole trap/enemy(?) detection thing. I can also add trees to the other ones, if you think that would be even somewhat of a worthwhile idea.
Thanks for the feedback!

Wow, you were holding a lot back :confused: And yes, I really appreciate the criticism.
First off, it didn't really ever cross my mind that the Charm would be super tank-y, so thank you for that. Secondly, I do agree that the Frozen Paladin's Shield would be great by helping negate some of that damage percentage taken. However, that seems kind of like an unfair usage for two underused accessories, so I might need further assistance with making another tree for that, just so I don't end up making another OP thing and further tainting the thread? And with the Wisp Helmet, I believe I see where you want me to take that, like one tree being for the increased brightness and another being for that whole trap/enemy(?) detection thing. I can also add trees to the other ones, if you think that would be even somewhat of a worthwhile idea.
Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, I wasn't holding anything back at all.`:p Just thinking out loud, really. I find that that's the best way to stay creative while still saying everything I want to. Oh, and no problem with the feedback. I love giving that, especially to suggestions like this that could really become part of the game. Okay, on to the response proper! Hmm, what do you mean by "unfair usage"? There are a lot of ways to use that term. If you mean it'd be OP... Hmm, not really seeing that. I'll hold off on saying anything else until I get a response though. Okay, the Wisp Helmet... umm, sure, lets say that that super awesome idea is what I was thinking. Yes, lets go with that. As for adding trees to the others, I say go for it! Maybe it's just me, but I've always preferred a slow build up to the awesome rather than just suddenly getting the awesome later on. Especially when there's stuff like the Guide to let you see the awesome coming. Instead of "Oh hey, neat, new golden shotgun." it becomes "Huh, this bronze pistol is cool, I wonder what I can make with it... oh hey, nice, silver rifle. Anything made out of that... Oh awesome, a golden shotgun!". Anyway, I hope that helped, and isn't quite as silly as it looks to me. See ya!

I was thinking recently how helpful and possibly even visually pleasing it would be to combine similar, currently un-combinable equipment together for maximum power!

For example;
[Terraspark Boots]
View attachment 195101
•Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders + Flower Boots(?) + (20-30) Soul of Flight +(10-30) Soul of Might
-Allows flight
-Allows super fast running
-Allows mobility on ice
-Allows immunity to fire blocks
-Allows 7 seconds of lava immunity
-+9% movement speed
-Flowers grow on the grass as you walk on them

[Spec Ops Diving Gear]
•Master Ninja Gear + Arctic Diving Gear
-Allows the ability to climb walls
-Allows the ability to dash
-Allows the ability to swim
-Allows extra mobility on ice
-Extends water breathing
-Grants the chance to dodge attacks
-Provides light while submerged

[Wisp Helmet]
•Miner's Helmet + Wisp in a Bottle + Metal Detector
-Provides brighter light
-Displays the most valuable ore around you
-Works in vanity slot

These are just some of the potential combinations that the plethora of equipment could brew. These combinations are mostly just to save space in the player's equipment slots to gain more buffs via other equipment. Mainly, this was a nudge at Re-Logic, but I hope this also sparks some thought around the community. Feel free to post some your own ideas, I look forward to hearing from you all. If you are to reply, stating those you really like and those that are deemed too OP would be greatly appreciated. Favorites will be kept, OP will be removed/needed and ideas can be added.

Thank you!
Idea is quite repeated in a way around the forums. But on the idea, I like it! I really like the boots idea! Sum of my Suggestions are:
-Maybe make it to where (Spec Ops Diving Gear+Wisp Helmet). Just make sure that it is super hard to get, like luminite hard.
-Balence the crafting recipe. Here is why::
——Spec Ops Diving Gear terminates the reason to make an arena to fight duke fishon (on normal mode of course)
When I mean balence, I mean by adding souls, ores, etc... to make it harder to get, turning down the op-ness
-Wisp Helmet should work in vanity, as vanity slots, armor slots, and accessory slots should be three different slots and each having its side
-How does wisp helmet shine light? Does it do flash light beam like type? Does it shine a big circle around you? Does a wisp appear over your head?
-I just want to regonize the boots agian, which has an awesome sprite and mixes 3 boots together. 2 things about the boots that could use some work
——We are talking about the three boots here, maybe make 30 of each mech boss soul. I know it’s extremely expensive but I won’t have to worry about:(Falling in lava, slipping on ice to my death, fall damage, front law only being dirt with no grass, running from a dungeon guardian, falling into ice cold water on expert mode):, Now that’s a lot of things, and that should prove the price is nesscary.
——Flight, how will it work? Is it just like specter boots rocket, but just higher flying and no fall damage?

[Mini Rant On why Terraria Developers PROBALEY didn’t make more combining accessories—>] Terraria created only so many combining recipes for a reason. If you were able to combine every accessory in Terraria, what would the point in having 5 accessory slots and demon heart? Terraria accessory’s each have there own unique effect, except the ones you combine with another at tinkerers workshop, which combine all effects of a to of the crafting materials. This is its unique way on saying it keeps you at a limit, or in other words, balancing the game. [—> Mini Rant End].

Sorry on how much it is, just I had a lot in mind and i wanted to help improve your idea

Back
Top Bottom