Mobile New Base at "Midland of the Apple"

CDR_Xavier

Skeletron Prime
I just found out I had the account registered last year but never remembered to log in lol
Okay. So Terraria 1.4 was live on PC/Steam early May but unfortunately I am somewhat busy with school and so I don't really miss it -_-
So this mobile came out and I had decided to ... well, join it.
Thinking back, I had really not made any serious attempt at getting a "all-items" save on a reasonably decent world, and since the terrain generation on PC and mobile is now the same (it kinda matters) I had started this new save. Anyways.
___
The terrain is "fine". Seed is 739406866. Corruption. Medium size.

As I got bored I went to TEdit and started looking at the map. Not that I feel like I need to edit anything. I just felt bored.
After I finished scrolling over the map I found out that I can't locate a enchanted Sword Shrine.
Not that I care, since I am brining things from about 7 other worlds (lol) here (as in, all items). Can't find the bone key I got when mobile is still 1.2.4 though :(
I would do it again with a minecart I guess.
Since Enchanted Sword Shrine is now a "optional" feature (see Enchanted Sword Shrine on Terraria Gamepedia), it means that Enchanted Sword is not a guaranteed item (even if a shrine generates the sword sprite is still 66% fake too) it also mean that Zenith might not be craftable from a single world.
Ok, the "Junk" sprite is now removed from 1.4. Interesting story.
___
Other "feature" you might notice (worldgen might be different and the seed from TEdit might be wrong) is that this world "lack" a Living Tree. It have one, but it is generated on a pile of dirt aboveground (as in, surface tunnel structures, as I call them) and don't have anything going downward (root ended at bottom of tunnel exit). This is also slightly disappointing in the fact that getting Gnomes statues will be difficult.
___
Also in this world, underground jungle seems to be a bit ... unexpansive.
Not that I think it's small, as I remember bumping into the underground jungle on PC 1.3.1 and ended up with a narrow trail to the top of the jungle temple. But looking at the map and seeing most (if not all) of living rich mahogany trees end up buried in the mud is somewhat ... disappointing.
___
You had some really cool (and lengthy) underground minecart trails. I liked that.
___
I'm not an expert on worldgen and I hadn't really analyzed terrain generations too much either, I'm just pointing out my own observations.

But, as far as my observations go, getting a proper generation with "good terrain" (by my standard) without a excessive large amount of caves (regular tunnels as in forest and similar "normal" areas) leading to the surface on mobile is always more difficult than on PC. Generating worlds to just dump it (or mark as "resource extraction only") is rather common to me.
That said, having owned Minecraft also means that I must admit that I am also rather strict with their caves, but at least I settled on a seed that didn't require extensive changes (also on PC lol. I haven't played Minecraft Bedrock Edition for quite sometime. I don't miss it.)
For PC, I remember opening my laptop it up in the dorm, just hitting "create" and go. That first one was also corruption too, but I didn't think I had much complaint about it. Patched up a meteorite landing near the ocean and reducing the spread of corruption (and hallow) using said editor and I guess that's it.

Back
Top Bottom