New Base (Journey mode)

Harathall

Golem
This is a base I'm starting in a new Journeymode world.

I have an idea of where I'm heading with it, but it has room to change, so for now, here's the starting area.

Capture 2020-07-26 01_54_54.png

Capture 2020-07-26 01_55_19.png

Do the purple gemspark blocks pulsate/ strobe? 🤔🍹
No, they're just a steady colour. Would be cool if they did though! Afaik you need rainbow blocks for that, and it goes through all the colours. Mind you, I havn't tried painting that... I'll have to investigate!

Other than that the Martian bricks/walls pulse with their circuitry. There are probably others ... but I can't think of them off the top of my head!

Agh, I was asking because your base seemed to have a theme of lighting up at night. I just thought it'd be cool if you had them go on & offline at night time. 🤔🍹

Side Note: Also, be careful about wiring around gemspark blocks, as they'll of course, go on & offline if you have wires running through them, which is why I asked about them strobing.

Agh, I was asking because your base seemed to have a theme of lighting up at night. I just thought it'd be cool if you had them go on & offline at night time. 🤔🍹

Side Note: Also, be careful about wiring around gemspark blocks, as they'll of course, go on & offline if you have wires running through them, which is why I asked about them strobing.
Ah, I see. No, there's actually no wiring at all save for the teleporters. I've just tried to light it in a way that looks natural during the day and shows up well at night.

Yeah, wiring can get complicated as I found out in my last base with it's teleporter room. Something I do have planned for this build as well ... oh well! Should be fun!

Sooooo....
It's actually an underwater base!

I messed around for a while and this is the best I could come up with for the underwater glass domes - offline sapphire gemspark dyed dark sky blue - but if anyone else knows how to make glass blocks and walls darker, it would be much appreciated! It also shows the above ground background through the glass, so it might be better after all to have it opaque and just mimic being under water...

Anyhoo, here's another progress pic.

Capture 2020-08-04 04_38_10.png

(Taking a zoomed out pic also exaggerates the water warping effect, but you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom