New base - would like to hear your opinion

Desle

Terrarian
Hi,

Me and my friend have been building for a bit and we'd like to hear peoples opinion before we continue.
What can we improve, what looks odd, what doesn't make sense, what could be cool to add in?

Capture_2017-08-07_00_46_47.png

Update:
Capture 2017-08-07 16_50_41.png Capture 2017-08-07 16_50_48.png

Update 2:
Capture 2017-08-07 18_19_47.png Capture 2017-08-07 18_19_40.png

Last edited:
I come from a Minecraft building background, so most stuff on Terraria looks cool.

Secondly I love this base, not too much going on but just enough to not confuse someone. The base in itself really doesn't seem efficient but i'm assuming that wasn't what you was going for, I assume you was going for looks over efficiency, if so you hit the hammer on the nail.

I really like this design. Only thing I would recommend, obviously this is your build, so don't feel obligated to change it under my request, is too add a proper way to access the nurse home and a way to navigate this build without the use of flying
accessories, also maybe find a different way to imitate smoke coming out of the chimney, the placeholder that you are using for the smoke doesn't seem real, maybe just stick with cobwebs, or maybe something else.

Furthermore, again this is just an idea, completely up to you, is too maybe add a zip wire of some sort from one side of the build to other for transporting resources, to stick with the theme you have down below. You could also add cargo going along this, obviously it would be static, so this could provide a plat former for getting across.

Also you could maybe add a mine cart room like you have that forest room, to imitate the fact that you might be extracting resources from besides the crystal.

Again for the third time, these are all ideas, its up to you if you integrate these into your build. Either way I hope this helps, hope you have a good day.

- Monkey

I come from a Minecraft building background, so most stuff on Terraria looks cool.

Secondly I love this base, not too much going on but just enough to not confuse someone. The base in itself really doesn't seem efficient but i'm assuming that wasn't what you was going for, I assume you was going for looks over efficiency, if so you hit the hammer on the nail.

I really like this design. Only thing I would recommend, obviously this is your build, so don't feel obligated to change it under my request, is too add a proper way to access the nurse home and a way to navigate this build without the use of flying
accessories, also maybe find a different way to imitate smoke coming out of the chimney, the placeholder that you are using for the smoke doesn't seem real, maybe just stick with cobwebs, or maybe something else.

Furthermore, again this is just an idea, completely up to you, is too maybe add a zip wire of some sort from one side of the build to other for transporting resources, to stick with the theme you have down below. You could also add cargo going along this, obviously it would be static, so this could provide a plat former for getting across.

Also you could maybe add a mine cart room like you have that forest room, to imitate the fact that you might be extracting resources from besides the crystal.

Again for the third time, these are all ideas, its up to you if you integrate these into your build. Either way I hope this helps, hope you have a good day.

- Monkey

I agree with everything you mentioned. I've changed the smoke from the chimney to cobweb which does look a lot better (I just have to avoid flying into it).
The nurse's home is tricky since it has chains in front of it, so a staircase is not an option. I've thought about rope connecting to the other side to imitate a zipline, although that wouldn't make much sense. Adding a minecart system down below was also on my todo list, but still nice to hear the suggestion coming from someone else!

Thank you!

Looks like it's coming along well. You've created a pleasant style in my opinion, and I like how it's consistent, without being repetitive, throughout the whole village.

about cobweb smoke, there is a smoke block you could use in the place, cannot say on the picture of the original. The build is creative indeed. Not any close practical for hard-mode tho. Looks good however. Thumbs up, keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom