Portfolio/Multi-Topic New Biome/Other Ideas

Erienna Nakagai

Empress of Light
These are just some ideas I have for the game, I don't really care if they aren't used but would like to see some maybe work their way into the game in one form or another:
  • Opposite of the Hallow - 1.2 added variants for pretty much everything except for the Hallow and, as much as I'm a corruption fan, I would like to see a variant of the Hallow, maybe the Hollow or something.
  • More customization with worlds - All world customization we have right now is size and name. If we could choose Corruption/Crimson, which ores spawned in place of others, etc. it would be nice. I could see it being used for abusing ores but it's hard to get a world with pre-1.2 ores nowadays.
  • A mechanical Brain of Cthulhu - It doesn't make a lot of sense for crimson worlds to have a mechanical worm boss instead of a mechanical brain boss. It could be called The Thinker instead of The Destroyer.
Those are all the ideas I have for now, if I think of more I'll post them here.

I think I've seen all of these suggestions before, but that's not the real issue. The real issue is that you're lacking details. What kind of enemies would the Hallow counterpart have? How about the materials and blocks? And as for the hardmode BoC, what are its stats? How would one go about summoning it?

Ringabel said:
What kind of enemies would the Hallow counterpart have? How about the materials and blocks?
As far as enemies goes, just look at how the developers changed enemies to suit the Hallow and Crimson. They would just need to do that for the new biome. The Hallow counterpart would have to be orange-ish or yellowish because those are the two colors not taken by any other biomes.
And as for the hardmode BoC, what are its stats? How would one go about summoning it?
It would be around the destroyer's level of difficulty, summoned with the same things except with vertebrae in the recipe rather than rotten chunks. The hardmode Creepers would be kind of like the normal mode Creepers, taking up a lot of the total boss health and having to be destroyed before the actual mechanical brain could be attacked. There would be more health, defense, resistances, etc. like all mechanical bosses and maybe there would be more creepers. That's what I can think of right now.

Back
Top Bottom