• All of them are good

• All of them are bad

• Good idea, but shouldn't be added

• I like most of them

• I dislike most them

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnonymousRat1934901

Official Terrarian
These are just small additions that would make the game cooler.

DIRT BLOCKS
Only spreads to unexposed areas of dirt.
Ebondirt.png

When corrupted grass spreads, this forms. Only corrupted grass can grow on this.
Crimdirt.png

When crimson grass spreads, this forms. Only crimson grass can grow on this.
Pearldirt.png

When hallowed grass spreads, this forms. Only hallowed grass can grow on this.

MUD BLOCKS
These can be converted back to mud with a clentaminator. #SaveTheJungle
Purple Mud block.png

Corrupted grass can grow on this. However, it can be purified back to jungle grass and normal mud. #SaveTheJungle
Red Mud Block.png

Crimson grass can grow on this. However, it can be purified back to jungle grass and normal mud. #SaveTheJungle
Pink Mud Block.png
Doesn't spread on its own. Only forms in the initial "form" of the hallow. Can also be formed with holy water or pink solution

SNOW BLOCKS
So, we have ice variations but not snow variations... this makes it hard to spread. Why?

Purple Snow.png

Can spread to other snow, dirt, grass, and ice.
Red Snow.png

Pink Snow.png

Most of these are re-textures.

I like how dirt, snow, and mud act as natural barriers to these biomes. (Unless the dirt has grass, and the mud is being attacked by Corruption/Crimson.) If these were added, it would break the balance of how far the biomes can even spread. We don't need everything to be affected by these biomes; stone, ice, and grass are already vunerable to it and it established a balance of the invasive behavior of these biomes.

Not only will it break balance, it will upset some players as well. Many people rely on these natural barriers to at least halt these biomes, and doing this would upset the balance and simply make these biomes more invasive. It won't be fun, it would be aggravating. (Seriously, does my whole world need to be Crimson?)

The sprites are nice however, great job! Only problem I see with one of the sprites is that the Ebondirt looks a bit too blue, it makes it look like Mushroom Dirt.

Player-placed wood should not spread. Some people use it as a building tool or decoration, making it spread would render it useless or undesirable. The evil biome wood would be a malicious building tool as it would spread the evil biome and render the housing unable to be suitable; it can also make the surrounding biome Hallow against their wishes. Like I said in my previous comment, the current state of these biomes are already invasive enough and these changes would not contribute to the game, it would make it more annoying or even upset players.

This would make the biomes an even bigger pain to control. The dirt variants are cool and all, but it's kinda pointless [except for making biomes harder to control] because the grass will already spread on the surface, and underground nearly everything is stone. The mud variants would probably hurt the jungle more than save it [depends on whether underground evil biome enemies spawn or jungle enemies spawn]. The snow variants are also kind pointless, ice spreading is enough. Underground, there is a lot of spreading with ice either way. Players may also like the fact that there are natural barriers like sharkman0101 pointed out (it also gives the feel that the biomes are at least somewhat defending). We don't need hardmode to turn into Terraria: Otherworld. Also, for biomes spreading onto wood, just no.

This would make the biomes an even bigger pain to control. The dirt variants are cool and all, but it's kinda pointless [except for making biomes harder to control] because the grass will already spread on the surface, and underground nearly everything is stone. The mud variants would probably hurt the jungle more than save it [depends on whether underground evil biome enemies spawn or jungle enemies spawn]. The snow variants are also kind pointless, ice spreading is enough. Underground, there is a lot of spreading with ice either way. Players may also like the fact that there are natural barriers like sharkman0101 pointed out (it also gives the feel that the biomes are at least somewhat defending). We don't need hardmode to turn into Terraria: Otherworld. Also, for biomes spreading onto wood, just no.
I'm not sure if I said it to myself or replied to him... but the idea of it spreading to player placed wood spreading... just awful...
completely retarted
. It wasn't me that posted it anyway, it was some random kid, and I am really against the idea of it.

The reason I wanted to add the evil snow was because the snow biome is still pretty similar looking even when corrupted. It would just give it a better look. And also, it would make sense for it to spread a bit slower.

I'm sure you understand, but there are some people on the forums that don't think about anything and just post stuff without thinking about it. I'm sure you're not one of those people... but still... if you didn't understand, it would help the jungle by making it easier to convert back. Normally, it would be nearly impossible to convert a corrupted jungle because all the mud would dry up into dirt. You would need to spend hours crafting it all back into mud then cleaning every last block of corruption, then replace the empty space with new mud... It would hurt the jungle, but make it a lot easier to fix. It would be better in the long run.

And if a developer SOMEHOW sees this ancient thread. And they're rarely ever online, and I doubt they'd even like it. But if they ever somehow see this (99.9999% sure they won't) I'd like them to make the new variants spread slower (including the sand, because that's a pain and is WAY too fast)

Back
Top Bottom