Items New Blowgun/Blowpipe Ammunition and Ranged Lifesteal

bad_news

Duke Fishron
Most Terraria players have had the experience of picking up a blowpipe early game and finding seeds everywhere. Few people actually use it however, and for good reason; the only ammo types available for the blowpipe (and its only upgrade, the hardmode blowgun) are plain ol' seeds and poison darts. This has always bugged me because we already have tons of different seeds in-game, and it only makes sense to be able to use them as ammo as well. Of course, introducing so many ammo types for a mere two weapons is silly as well, so this would probably have to go alongside an expansion of dart-type weapons, such as this one by @SzGamer227. Without further ado here are my proposed stats and changes for the different types of seeds as ammo:
Seed | Appearance | Damage | Max Stack | Special Effects Seed |
Seed.png
|1|999|None
Grass Seeds |
Grass_Seeds.png
|3|999|Turns hit dirt into grass/Nothing
Corrupt Seeds |
Corrupt_Seeds.png
|6|999|Increased Knockback (+2)
Crimson Seeds |
Crimson_Seeds.png
Hallowed Seeds |
Hallowed_Seeds.png
|10|999|50% chance to inflict confusion
Jungle Grass Seeds |
Jungle_Grass_Seeds.png
|5|999|25% chance to inflict poisoned
Mushroom Grass Seeds |
Mushroom_Grass_Seeds.png
|7|999|Emit a relatively bright light
Blinkroot Seeds |
Blinkroot_Seeds.png
|8|999|Emit a dull light and have slightly increased knockback (+1)
Daybloom Seeds |
Daybloom_Seeds.png
|6|999|None(?)
Deathweed Seeds |
Deathweed_Seeds.png
|13|999|Heals the user for ~10% of damage dealt
Fireblossom Seeds |
Fireblossom_Seeds.png
|11|999|100% chance to burn the target
Moonglow Seeds |
Moonglow_Seeds.png
|9|999|Has a 50% chance to restore 5 mana to the user
Waterleaf Seeds |
Waterleaf_Seeds.png
|9|999|Travel through water at normal speed
Shiverthorn Seeds |
Shiverthorn_Seeds.png
|7|999|Inflict the Frostburn debuff Pumpkin Seed |
Pumpkin_Seed.png
|8|999|None

So there that is, my proposed seed ammunition. The listed effects are for the most part examples, feel free to suggest any changes or let me know if I missed anything.

Most Terraria players have had the experience of picking up a blowpipe early game and finding seeds everywhere. Few people actually use it however, and for good reason; the only ammo types available for the blowpipe (and its only upgrade, the hardmode blowgun) are plain ol' seeds and poison darts. This has always bugged me because we already have tons of different seeds in-game, and it only makes sense to be able to use them as ammo as well. Of course, introducing so many ammo types for a mere two weapons is silly as well, so this would probably have to go alongside an expansion of dart-type weapons, such as this one by @SzGamer227. Without further ado here are my proposed stats and changes for the different types of seeds as ammo:
Seed | Appearance | Damage | Max Stack | Special Effects Seed |
Seed.png
|1|999|None
Grass Seeds |
Grass_Seeds.png
|3|999|Turns hit dirt into grass/Nothing
Corrupt Seeds |
Corrupt_Seeds.png
Crimson Seeds |
Crimson_Seeds.png
Hallowed Seeds |
Hallowed_Seeds.png
|10|999|50% chance to inflict confusion
Jungle Grass Seeds |
Jungle_Grass_Seeds.png
|5|999|25% chance to inflict poisoned
Mushroom Grass Seeds |
Mushroom_Grass_Seeds.png
|7|999|Emit a relatively bright light
Blinkroot Seeds |
Blinkroot_Seeds.png
|8|999|Emit a dull light and have slightly increased knockback (+1)
Daybloom Seeds |
Daybloom_Seeds.png
|6|999|None(?)
Deathweed Seeds |
Deathweed_Seeds.png
|13|999|Heals the user for ~10% of damage dealt
Fireblossom Seeds |
Fireblossom_Seeds.png
|11|999|100% chance to burn the target
Moonglow Seeds |
Moonglow_Seeds.png
|9|999|Has a 50% chance to restore 5 mana to the user
Waterleaf Seeds |
Waterleaf_Seeds.png
|9|999|Travel through water at normal speed
Shiverthorn Seeds |
Shiverthorn_Seeds.png
|7|999|Inflict the Frostburn debuff Pumpkin Seed |
Pumpkin_Seed.png
|8|999|None

So there that is, my proposed seed ammunition. The listed effects are for the most part examples, feel free to suggest any changes or let me know if I missed anything.

How do you make the table? And +100% Support!

I actually did this on TO in 2013. However, with Poison Darts it may not work out now. I think Darts now would be the better way to go. (And I know that you thought of this yourself, so don't worry)
That's actually why I linked to Sz's suggestion as well; that covers the other tiers for dart weapons and darts, while this gives a use to those seeds that would otherwise pile up and be useless or that you acquire while adventuring.

As a Blowgun enthusiast I approve this, but I think that Darts should be way to go.
The idea of this is mostly to give uses to the seeds once you have a reliable farm set up, or just ones randomly found in the world if you aren't one to farm while still making sense. It's only logical, in my opinion, to be able to use the other seeds as ammo.

while I do really like this idea as is, I think it would be better to have the focus be on the effects rather than damage potential, because otherwise seeds would go right back to being useless once the blowgun became obsolete. the hallowed and shiver-thorn seeds achieve this effect, but the others would be useless. at the least the herb seeds should all have useful effects.

daybloom: adds 50 silver to enemies coin drops, or 1 gold in hardmode. (doesn't stack or work on enemies that don't drop money like statue enemies)
blinkroot: flashes light on impact and marks enemies with hunter potion effect for 1 minute (usefull for worms, and bosses)
deathweed: guarantees enemy will drop a heart pickup (you can still heal off of enemies with higher defense)
fireblossom: inflicts 5 seconds of oiled debuff and 10 seconds of on fire debuff (so it can outperform the flare gun)
waterleaf: inflicts +3 knockback on submerged enemies
moonglow: 25% chance to create a mana star on impact with an enemy(5 mana is kinda useless when mana potions exist)

the frostthorn is fine, but you should probably specify something like 15 seconds for it to be useful.

Back
Top Bottom