NPCs & Enemies New boss - Cthulu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnette

Retinazer
:joy::joy:This is one of the more often suggested bosses, as we have the eye of cthulu and brain of cthulu, but I am going too put a new aspect on this boss.
First of all this is a post-golem boss, which is not a commonly-used term, but still. Second of all you summon this boss. This is the crafting recipe for the summoner.
Summoner: Scale of Evil (Feel free too change, I could not come up with anything better) Crafting recipe: 50 of all the souls (Souls of might, flight, sight, fright, night, light, blight), 50 Adamantite bars, 50 Demonite bars, 100 Gold bars, Broken Hero's Sword, 10 Cursedfish's, 20 Chaos Fish, 5 Wrath potions, and 5 lifeforce potions. You craft it at a mythril anvil.

These are Cthulu's stats:
Damage: 100
Defense: 60
Life: 100k
Speed: Very slow

Looks:
A huge, slimy, scaly, person, that summons out of the ocean the player is closest too when he/she summons him. Before the eye and brain of cthulu attack themselves there is 1 missing eye socket and a hole in the back of the head. When it spawns it shows the eye of cthulu and brain of cthulu spinning around him attaching them into their appropriate body parts - eye in the missing eye socket and brain into the hole in the back of the head where the hole is. Spawning around it (1 spawn per every 30 seconds) are "Cthulu's Minions" which look like a mini cthulu. They have 5k health each and does 50 damage each. Also spawning around him (3 per second) are the creepers from the first stage of the brain of cthulu. The only other thing spawning is the Servants of cthulu (3 per second). It gets pretty annoying I bet. This would be the final boss in the game. Also wherever the boss steps, a hole goes where it steps leaving a hole of 3x10. It would have the ultimate AI.

Attachments

• jM7OSvy[1].gif
    jM7OSvy[1].gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 320
  • jM7OSvy[1].gif
    jM7OSvy[1].gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 298
I know it has been suggested many times. I just added a twist too it. It does not have too be cthulu but I just like the idea of this kind of boss in general

1. There will never be a Cthulhu.
2. How would you make an AI for this that would work correctly?
3. Even if you could, it would lag IMMENSELY when fighting it, due to that "making holes where it steps" feature.

Ignoring the obvious flaws that come from trying to create a boss out of a creature like Cthulhu, this just seems like one big grind fest. Not to mention the performance issues it would bring with all the block destruction/minions.

No thank you.

• Do not create any suggestions for a final, whole, or complete Cthulhu boss. The developers are well aware of the desire a portion of the community has for this idea and no further feedback on the matter is necessary for now. Suggestions related to existing and new disembodied parts of Cthulhu are unaffected by this policy and still allowed.

• Do not create any suggestions for a final, whole, or complete Cthulhu boss. The developers are well aware of the desire a portion of the community has for this idea and no further feedback on the matter is necessary for now. Suggestions related to existing and new disembodied parts of Cthulhu are unaffected by this policy and still allowed.

Super Jack, as Domica posted, there is a specific section of the Suggestions Forum rules that asks that there be no whole Cthulhu boss suggestions at all. You can read it here, which I think would be a good idea before making more suggestions:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/player-suggestions-rules-guidelines.294/

This topic having been suggested a thousand times before, I will be locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom