NPCs & Enemies New Boss: Eye of Void

Jackyepic

Terrarian
Before introducing this boss, I would like to do something with Moon Lord so that the Eye of Void won't be a simple duplication of the Eye of Chuthlu.

After beating Moon Lord for the first time, the following message appears,
"Disorder taking over..."
(I personally think the player is the one who is disrupting the world)
It allows introduction to other stronger enemies. Not just this boss I am introducing.

After that, Eyes of Chuthlu can spawn naturally but quite rarely during blood moons. The Eye of Void can be summoned as a challenge to post-Moon-Lord players. (I created it as a new kind of boss, not just pure destructive boss) Suspicious looking eye will summon the Eye of Void instead of the Eye of Chuthlu.

And finally it is the introduction to the Eye of Void. (All stats are normal mode stats)

First phase:
Appearance: phantom Eye of Chuthlu in the first phase, surrounded by violet aura.

Max HP: 130000
Defense: 48
Damage(melee): 80

It has the ability to teleport to the player if the player is too far away. It will appear from a black portal (like blackhole).

It tends to stay away from the player.

Attack types:

Void laser: Fires a white laser
Damage: 60

Void deathray: Spins rapidly and turns into a blackhole with immunity to damage. The player is pulled towards it. Contact damage is increased to 120. After 3 seconds, it aims, wait for a moment and fires a massage white beam at the player which does not change direction.
If the player manages to escape from the blackhole, this attack is cancelled.
Damage: 160

Void storm: Teleports away and create several (7 or 9) smaller blackhole surrounding the player. The player cannot escape from the circle. After 3 seconds, each blackhole will fire lasers, with the ability to pass through wall, in a star-shaped pattern.
The eye will come back after the blackholes vanish.
Damage: 90

When its health reaches 80000, it transform into its second phase like the Eye of Chuthlu.

Second phase:

Appearance: phantom Eye of Chuthlu in the second phase, surrounded by crimson(color) aura.

It tends to stay close to the player.

Max Health: 80000/130000
Defense: 72
Damage(melee): 120

Attack types:

Void charge: Teleports near the player and charges at it.
Damage: 120

Void melter: Spits a white fire like Spazmatism does.
Damage: 80

Inferno bite: This attack must be following Void Melter. The Eye spins while spitting fire, turning itself into a ball of inferno then charges at the player with incredible speed. The eye won't change direction when it has aimed so that the player will have time to escape.
Damage: 180

When its health reaches 30000, it remains immobile for 2 seconds and changes into its final phase.

Third Phase:

Appearance: Appearance: phantom Eye of Chuthlu in the second phase, surrounded by black aura.

Moves with an incredibly high speed. Create blackholes while teleporting. It tends to move in a circular track around the player while constantly attacking it.

Max health: 30000/130000
Defense: 120
Damage(melee): 180

Attack types:

Void engulf: Create several blackholes like Void Storm. The Eye goes into one of the blackhole and attack the player like the laser. The circle is larger so that the player can gain some space to dodge.
Damage: 180

Void shatter: Teleports several times and create some blackholes. Each blackhole will fire a large white beam at the player. These beams are much easier to dodge than Void Deathray.
The beams continue for 2 seconds and fade away. Around 8 blackholes should be created in a series of attack.
Damage: 120

Void inferno: The eye gains speed, spit flame and create a white inferno ring around the players. It is immune to damage during this attack. Fireballs will be fired from the ring and deal great damage.
Unlike Void storm and Void engulf, the circle stay at a constant distance with the player as the centre. (Since the fireball is affected by gravity) The former two's rings move a bit so that the player can dodge.
Damage: 150

Some drops I can think of:

Void melter:
A flamethrower, ranged weapon. Upgraded version of the Elf melter.

Void inferno:
Shoots fireballs, magic weapon. Upgraded version of the Cursed flames.

Void devourer:
A spear, melee weapon. Casts "Inferno bite" projectiles.

Void staff:
A staff that allow you to teleport and make damage by create blackholes at where you appear and disappear. Upgraded version of the Rod of discord.

This is what I have thought of, hope you will like it!

Why does no one think a after hard mode boss is not awesome.
[DOUBLEPOST=1450915518,1450915412][/DOUBLEPOST]I also think the eye of cthulu should spawn rarely on normal nights and constantly on blood moons. He kinda dies in three seconds without doing any damage after killing ocram. Plantera on pc.

Back
Top Bottom