Weapons & Equip New class, Gravity

How good is this

• Total voters

theobadeo22

Eye of Cthulhu
Now before I begin, if this suggestion has already been done, I'm sorry, I didn't see anything while searching though

Now with that out of the way, I present to you a new class. Gravity! I came up with this just thinking about throwing bunnies into slimes and know it's here.
The first item which is very earlygame is the Stick of Lift. Tooltip: Do you even lift bro? Stats: Base 5 Copper
How it works, The Stick of Lift can pick up mobs and throw them at other mobs, How? Just hold left click on the mob and you will pick it up. The mob will go where your curser goes unless the cursor is in a block. When you let go the mob is dropped but momentum remains. The amount of damge it does is the base damage + the damage that the mob deals, You also can't pick up npcs (maybe) Also the speed of the mob goes into the formula for the damage somehow, It can't pick up any hostile mobs or blocks that a copper pickaxe can't. It's found in wooden chests.

The next one is the Gravity stick. Tooltip: Wheeeeeeee. Stats:Base 15 Demonite
This one is found on Shadow orbs and Crimson hearts. It can pick up low level slimes and blocks that a Demonite pickaxe can

Gravity Staff. Tooltip: I believe i can fly. Stats: Base 30 Hellstone
This can be crafted from 15 hellstone bars and it can pick up nighttime and cavern mobs.

Gravity Scepter. Tooltip:none. Stats:Base 50 Hallowed
Crafted with: 30 hallowed bars Can pick up any prehardmode mob

ranoutofnames Stats:Base 70 Lizahrd
Dropped from Golem, can pick up any preplantera mob

Now to clear up things, the name of the ore next to the stats means what the staff can pickup, Also, the hallowed and lizahrd one can pick up npcs. Blocks can also deal damge and the formula is something I can't come up with.
Sprites would be welcome, so would better names,
Also, you cant pick up mobs bigger than Wandering Eyes or worms, You also cant pick up bosses or dungeon guardians

Just to clear up something, the main way of attacking would be chucking blocks or mobs into things

Last edited:
Well, this is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it could offer a lot of variety for making a whole class. Despite of that, it's for sure an idea that could bring fun mechanics to the game. Imagine grabing the dungeon guardian and throwing it to your friends in multiplayer xD

Last edited:
Heh. Names seem to be a bit lackluster all around, to be honest.
Off to constructive town!

I don't see this qualifying as a full class, as 5 items for a class are simply not enough. I can however see this work out as either magic or summoner based damage weapons. Magic could work since I imagine it working out in a similar fashion to items like the Rainbow Rod, summoner could because they have the time to manage such throwfests while other classes are likely to be too busy casting spells, swinging or throwing stuff.

I'd remove player pickup from you suggestion, simply because the amount of troll resulting from this would be far too much to handle by anyone, really. Instead, NPC pickup, which you shrugged off in the second paragraph, could be introduced, to keep your base tidy and just for the heck of it. "Which staff should be able to pick them up?", you ask? Well... let me propose a little balancing change:

One only needs so many items to move blocks around. In fact, in addition to the Dirt Rod, only one very late into the game would have to be added to cover everything. And even then the Dirt Rod would become obsolete. What do you think about having the Rods pick up enemies based on their HP? So, the first one you mentioned can pick up anything with 10 or less HP, second could pick up anything 50HP or less, 100, 250, 450. As NPCs have 250 HP, they can be picked up once you obtain the Gravity Scepter.

Now, this way not every pre-plantera enemy can be picked up (Dungeon Guardian, Wyvern, Ice Golem), but many enemies can, and it's way easier to see which enemies can be picked up. The tooltip could inform the player about the HP thereshold.

In similar fashion to the dirt rod, you'd either drop blocks onto your enemies, or stick them into their faces. Problem is: 99% of terraria's blocks defy gravity! Therefore only picking up Silt, Sand and Slush would affect enemies! Except if you come up with a complex formula DPS = Item ID or something. I don't think picking up blocks is needed.

To expand on this idea, how about items which pick up enemies in an area of effect? So you can carry around a few slimes at once and throw them into lost girls for some hot slimy action uh where was I?

Anyways, this suggestion has potential. Not as a class, but as an expansion of an existing mechanic. Though the OP might need some less confusing formatting, but maybe I was the only one having trouble with it.

Last edited:
Heh. Names seem to be a bit lackluster all around, to be honest.
Off to constructive town!

I don't see this qualifying as a full class, as 5 items for a class are simply not enough. I can however see this work out as either magic or summoner based damage weapons. Magic could work since I imagine it working out in a similar fashion to items like the Rainbow Rod, summoner could because they have the time to manage such throwfests while other classes are likely to be too busy casting spells, swinging or throwing stuff.

I'd remove player pickup from you suggestion, simply because the amount of troll resulting from this would be far too much to handle by anyone, really. Instead, NPC pickup, which you shrugged off in the second paragraph, could be introduced, to keep your base tidy and just for the heck of it. "Which staff should be able to pick them up?", you ask? Well... let me propose a little balancing change:

One only needs so many items to move blocks around. In fact, in addition to the Dirt Rod, only one very late into the game would have to be added to cover everything. And even then the Dirt Rod would become obsolete. What do you think about having the Rods pick up enemies based on their HP? So, the first one you mentioned can pick up anything with 10 or less HP, second could pick up anything 50HP or less, 100, 250, 450. As NPCs have 250 HP, they can be picked up once you obtain the Gravity Scepter.

Now, this way not every pre-plantera enemy can be picked up (Dungeon Guardian, Wyvern, Ice Golem), but many NPCs can, and it's way easier to see which enemies can be picked up. The tooltip could inform the player about the HP thereshold.

In similar fashion to the dirt rod, you'd either drop blocks onto your enemies, or stick them into their faces. Problem is: 99% of terraria's blocks defy gravity! Therefore only picking up Silt, Sand and Slush would affect enemies! Except if you come up with a complex formula DPS = Item ID or something. I don't think picking up blocks is needed.

To expand on this idea, how about items which pick up enemies in an area of effect? So you can carry around a few slimes at once and throw them into lost girls for some hot slimy action uh where was I?

Anyways, this suggestion has potential. Not as a class, but as an expansion of an existing mechanic. Though the OP might need some less confusing formatting, but maybe I was the only one having trouble with it.
Thank you for the help, I will change a few things

It can be used against bosses, just throw alot of zombies and slimes at the boss
That would result in running out of ammo *extremely* quickly. There simply won't be enough mobs around to kill pretty much any boss at all unless you're tiers above it. (Also, it couldn't inflict damage fast enough to kill most timed bosses. I.E Mechs.)

Nor would I want to fling around blocks, it'd be seriously damaging to the landscape (and would not work for the Golem).

I don't have a problem with the idea of more gravity rods but I really don't think this could be called a class.

These are all good for weapons, but terrible for a new class. We don't need classes so subdivided that we have a gravity one, etc.

Back
Top Bottom