Weapons & Equip New Coin

Honestly a Demonite or Crimtane Coin (Crimtane Coin? Mmmmm I like that one a lot actually.) would make more sense, because it's only one tier above platinum rather than eight tiers. The only problem would be that those ores can't be in the same world, so maybe Hellstone Coin?
Hey! it gave me an idea!
why not an "Evil Coin"?
It would basically be a coin that has a sprite representing the two mixed ores of the two evil biomes.

Totally not needed... Unless ya'll be using mods or cheating in money from other people's worlds, getting a "chest full of platinum" is ludicrous. Heck, if you really want to just start building, make a vault, you can place money for a reason.

Adamentite Coin would be good
Nnnneh, I don't know. Would it really be?
There's not really a practical use for this; having a super-powerful one-time-use Coin Gun bullet isn't exactly useful, as you have a chance of just missing the shot entirely, wasting 100 Platinum. Huge damage bombs like that only work in a game like this if you can actually GET multiple of them legitimately and within a reasonable amount of time.
...some of us here has 10000+ hours...
...And probably don't wanna blow the fruits of their labor in the span of several minutes.

Totally not needed... Unless ya'll be using mods or cheating in money from other people's worlds, getting a "chest full of platinum" is ludicrous. Heck, if you really want to just start building, make a vault, you can place money for a reason.
You, dear sir, lack ambition. :p

That said, the problem isn't really obtaining that much platinum - that's just a question of how many Pumpkin Moons you can do in a day before you get bored. It's that nothing in the game even comes close to requiring a full stack of platinum. One of these new coins, 100 platinum, will already more than cover a single character through the entire game - all their purchasing and reforging needs, with only the most extreme bad luck cases (or a player constantly deciding to switch equipment and reforge that) exceeding that amount. So even if you can accrue that much money, the game has no outlet for it. There's no point to a denomination that will never be used - you might as well have a coin for 10,000 platinum, or 1,000,000 platinum. The most expensive item in the game is still 5 platinum and the most expensive reforge in the game is still 1.04(?) platinum. (And if you're reforging over a legendary meowmere or star wrath, I pity you.)

I currently have 9 full stacks of platinum, legitimately earned. Granted, I've got over 4000 hours under my belt, but if I wanted, I could have a full chest of platinum in perhaps a week.
Pumpkin Moon with the right gear, in Expert Mode, you can get ~25 to ~40 platinum per run. My record is 41.

Don't be so quick to judge, Sir. (Or preferably, don't judge at all.)

As for the suggestion, I don't think it's needed, but if it were implemented, an adamantite coin fired from the Coin Gun would better kill the Moon Lord in one shot, circling back and forth until all targets are hit. :D
But really, as others have pointed out, the only thing you'll use it on is reforging, and once you get even close to one stack of platinum, you'll never run out of money anyway.

I assume I'm the only one that is bugging over the fact that Adamantite is misspelled in some of these posts,

And also to infer onto someone's remark of "A coin of an ore that isn't in the world doesn't work for me" is kind of a bad point give that Platinum has a chance of not being in the world

And before you bring up the Extractinator, let me bring up Fishing Crates in Hardmode

I currently have 9 full stacks of platinum, legitimately earned. Granted, I've got over 4000 hours under my belt, but if I wanted, I could have a full chest of platinum in perhaps a week.
Pumpkin Moon with the right gear, in Expert Mode, you can get ~25 to ~40 platinum per run. My record is 41.

Don't be so quick to judge, Sir. (Or preferably, don't judge at all.) <- ): (this was added in quotation)

Yeahhhhh, I apologize I was way too unspecific and lashy-outy, of course it perfectly feasible and doable, its just like...its a huge hassle.

Back
Top Bottom