Xbox One New control setup still sucks

AlphaKnyBuddy

Terrarian
Am I the only one who think the game is good (better, with the new enemies and all), but the controls are WAY too complicated for a controller with a VERY limited number of buttons? Like there’s 9 different combos (off the top) you have to constantly switch between just to do basic stuff. 9!! I definitely preferred the old style of console controls where I didn’t have to rip my teeth out in frustration because the original style got butchered because the CONSOLE game controls got treated like pc controls instead. I almost don’t even want to play the game now because it’s so frustrating. Is anybody else having the same issue or is it just me?

uh, ok? just re-bind it back to the previous one or get some muscle memory in your muscles
you can change it to whatever the hell you want, you are in no way limited to the presets currently available to you

uh, ok? just re-bind it back to the previous one or get some muscle memory in your muscles
you can change it to whatever the hell you want, you are in no way limited to the presets currently available to you
I’m glad it’s working for you, but unfortunately for some of us it doesn’t quite work that way. Believe me, I’ve tried everything I could to make the new setup workable, but I just don’t have the time or patience to spend that much time simply to re adjust to an entirely new play style on a game that was previously good as it was with its previous control setup. I play the game to relax and enjoy it, with maybe a challenge here and there. I don’t play it to have my controls reset every time there’s an update.

Now if they set it back - great! Otherwise I’m just going to leave my post here (like many others do) and hope it gets fixed, or at least an option is made to reset to 1.3 control settings that actually work for most console players. Until then, you can enjoy the game how you like, and I’ll just set it to the side until I feel it’s worth it to pick this game back up.

Have a good day.

or at least an option is made to reset to 1.3 control settings that actually work for most console players.

Have a good day.
The problem is that the 1.3 controls were very limited as to what we should have been able to do. Personally i don't understand why people are having issues with the controls. The only one that i am struggling with is the buff one, where i can cancel buffs, but even that is no big issue. I'm 42. My gaming reflexes are slowing down, but I can do much more with my controller in this game with these controls than i was able to do before. Maybe it's because i took the time to look at all the binds and figured out what would work for me before i made a "main world".

Just give it some more time.

The problem is that the 1.3 controls were very limited as to what we should have been able to do. Personally i don't understand why people are having issues with the controls. The only one that i am struggling with is the buff one, where i can cancel buffs, but even that is no big issue. I'm 42. My gaming reflexes are slowing down, but I can do much more with my controller in this game with these controls than i was able to do before. Maybe it's because i took the time to look at all the binds and figured out what would work for me before i made a "main world".

I do have a wild hypothesis that everyone giving their grievances on the controls are either young lads and lasses and or people with a lack of life / videogame experience adapting to change

I appreciate it and understand that while I am having difficulties, not everyone else is. Normally I don’t have an issue learning new controls. What gets me here is that (and I’ll explain as best I can) I tend to memorize things how they are in the beginning and mentally link them to a specific imagery (ex. Think of it as learning a new language. I learn words in Spanish and link them to my native knowledge in English. Now think of taking away my native knowledge of English - the controls - and leaving me with a foreign language - the game on its own. I now lack that means of connection to provide that mental link).

So it’s possible for me to learn, but it’s infinitely harder and takes the fun out of a game I used for casual playing (like Minecraft or otherwise, I play it more for enjoyment than achievement or to get into another world. I used it to root me to the real world and calm me down.)

I do have a wild hypothesis that everyone giving their grievances on the controls are either young lads and lasses and or people with a lack of life / videogame experience adapting to change
That is just you being an assuming d*ck. I have plenty of both experiences and to be honest would gladly trade it for a lack thereof. Maybe some of us get sick of constantly having to adapt over and over again, giving up the few things we have that give us peace. So unless I misunderstood your comment (and if I did, feel free to inform me), you might want to try and see a point of view besides your own. It sounds like it could be beneficial.

That is just you being an assuming d*ck. I have plenty of both experiences and to be honest would gladly trade it for a lack thereof. Maybe some of us get sick of constantly having to adapt over and over again, giving up the few things we have that give us peace. So unless I misunderstood your comment (and if I did, feel free to inform me), you might want to try and see a point of view besides your own. It sounds like it could be beneficial.
don't take this :red: personally we are just clowns on the internet at if you have been keeping up with the complaints about the controls on the forums it would be easy to assume that all of these fresh accounts are from young kids.

Also remember that terraria has gone through three different studios to port the game with different visions of the game, same thing with minecraft but less drastic as a lot of less features were introduced only needing you to actually use the D-pad. If DR studios controls just don't work for you don't forget that they have given you the power to change the controls as you see fit. To use your own analogy, you can "Change the language" as you see fit until it closely resembles the one you already know

everybody changes at a different pace, every sees the world in a different lens at a different point of view.

Back
Top Bottom