Biomes & Nature New Deep Sea Mini-Biome

TMINTEpic

Terrarian
I just had this idea: A Deep Sea Mini-Biome in the Ocean biome.
It would pretty much be a version of the Ocean Biome but it goes a lot deeper.
Sharks and other dangerous enemies would spawn faster, and have doubled stats.
There would also be a small chance to have a Pirate Ship in it.
In the Pirate Ship you would find normal Pirate Invasion Enemies.
In it there would be a chest containing The Cannon. It would use Small Cannonballs for ammo and be a portable Cannon. It would only deal 56 damage, and have a very slow speed but incredibly high knockback. It could be combined with the Megashark to create the Cannonshark. Basically a version of The Cannon but way faster.

There would also be a post-Skeletron miniboss, The Kraken.
It would be summoned with a Black Pearl [10 coral, 5 black ink, 5 glowstick, 1 of any large gem] and slowly drift around the ocean. During the fight, all players in the ocean biome must stay inside the water or be victim to a Duke Fishron Water Tornado.
The Kraken would summon sharks (Slowly) and grapple the player, dragging it towards them. While grappled in expert mode, the players air would be drained.
Kraken:
HP: 5000
Defense: 0
Damage: 10
Drops:
20-30 Coral.
Minishark.
2-6 Gold Coins.
[In expert] Boat mount. On land, it would go very slow. In water, it would float like a boat.

There would also be a post-Skeletron miniboss, The Kraken.
It would be summoned with a Black Pearl [10 coral, 5 black ink, 5 glowstick, 1 of any large gem] and slowly drift around the ocean. During the fight, all players in the ocean biome must stay inside the water or be victim to a Duke Fishron Water Tornado.
The Kraken would summon sharks (Slowly) and grapple the player, dragging it towards them. While grappled in expert mode, the players air would be drained.
Kraken:
Drops:
20-30 Coral.
Minishark.
2-6 Gold Coins.
[In expert] Boat mount. On land, it would go very slow. In water, it would float like a boat.
@Huzbubber Tim

Don’t see why not.
Would change the krakens drops Boat is only good in few situations, (plus we already have cute fishron) Minishark is sold by arms dealer, don’t see why we need a change, and coral is only useful for 2 potions. Maybe some weapons like a tentacle flail?
How would it be post Skeletron? Why can’t it just be summoned with no bosses defeated?
Would make it do a bit more damage, and have a little bit of defense, cause if ur gonna make it post Skeletron, it should have more damage (For refrence, Skeletron does 20 damage with hands and has 14 defense in hands)
More attacks, like squirting ink at players and summoning squid minions, also would u have to dodge a attack to not get grappled?
Good suggestion but would change.

Huz made a popular suggestion for a post skeletron miniboss the Krakken several months before, including a near identical summon item. While it did not drop the same items, those items are already obtainble, other than the boat, a downrade of the slime mount.

Or the turtle mount...or the fishron mount.

Kraken:
Drops:
20-30 Coral.
Minishark.
2-6 Gold Coins.

The suggestion is pretty nice but i think the damage of the Kraken is pretty low. As this is a post-skeletron boss, it should at least do a little bit more damage. like, skeletron has 32 damage. I would recommend putting it on 35 damage. But for the rest i think it is good.

I would love more water biomes, challenging the ocean was always fun for me, and I've always been craving more deep water exploration in Terraria! The sunken ship idea sounds great too, would be a really cool little thing to find. Maybe some cool water related stuff could show up here, perhaps a placeable item that allows water breathing within a certain range? Naturally occurring bubbles might generate too, providing air sources whilst diving.

My main suggestion here is that deep sea might need a special type of tough to mine block covering the bottom to prevent easy access to the biome from the outside, like how the Lizahrd brick protects the temple. This way, you'd actually need to dive in to explore it, at least initially.

I seriously want a reason for gills potions to exist, so I support this! We shouldn't have to get an adventure map or mods to explore a natural underwater labyrinth...
I mean gills potion is really great for hellevators pre-hardmode as the water can get fairly annoying. Also on that fact, why would a biome with a boss and new items only be explorable with a potion? This will definitely make it a very annoying biome to explore especially since potion making is just annoying in general for people who don't want to farm.

I mean gills potion is really great for hellevators pre-hardmode as the water can get fairly annoying. Also on that fact, why would a biome with a boss and new items only be explorable with a potion? This will definitely make it a very annoying biome to explore especially since potion making is just annoying in general for people who don't want to farm.
You mean you don't use gravitation potions for floating islands and nothing else? Same with obsidian skin?

You mean you don't use gravitation potions for floating islands and nothing else? Same with obsidian skin?
You don't need to use a gravitation potion for floating islands, and an obsidian skin to enjoy hell. I think you're confusing quality of life, and necessity. It is needed to use a gills potion to actually explore this biome, which isn't that bad but it's just annoying.

You don't need to use a gravitation potion for floating islands, and an obsidian skin to enjoy hell. I think you're confusing quality of life, and necessity. It is needed to use a gills potion to actually explore this biome, which isn't that bad but it's just annoying.
I consider gravitation potions a necessity for floating islands as I don't want to spend all of my money on rope (I need to save up for the shotgun, minishark, ice rod, pygmy necklace, rockets, bullets, arrows, and mana potions, as well as reforging.)
Plus, you could just make air pockets as you go, and diving gear also exists for people who have an aversion to making potions for some reason.

Last edited:
I still don't understand your argument? Like I'm just saying that there is really no need for a potion to explore a biome. In seriousness though, I did not know you can make air pockets underwater, can u show me how? Also, you said that you consider them a necessity, but for the deep ocean, it IS a necessity.

I still don't understand your argument? Like I'm just saying that there is really no need for a potion to explore a biome. In seriousness though, I did not know you can make air pockets underwater, can u show me how? Also, you said that you consider them a necessity, but for the deep ocean, it IS a necessity.
Assuming the walls aren't made of sand, you should be able to mine three blocks out and then one block up to make an air pocket quickly. And it's highly doubtful they will be made of sand, because otherwise the worldgen wouldn't be interesting.

Oh, I assumed that the biome would be very open and not cave like.
There still has to be an edge somewhere, and sand is very limiting for making the outer structure of large areas, so it likely would be hardened sand or something similar.

Yeah, I assumed it would be like you go left, there is a tunnel then it is very open and ends at the very right, etc the end of the beach or further.

Back
Top Bottom