Weapons & Equip New Expert Mode Accessory

Schparks

Secret Tree Lover
So I was thinking, with 1.4 coming out, and the new blood nautilus boss coming, we’ll need a new expert mode accessory for it, right? We COULD have a damage booster item, but he already have so many of those. I was thinking of something along the lines of either a life regen item, or a life INCREASER item. Hear me out.

Nautilus Shell
+5 defense (Because it’s a shell(Also buffed because APPARENTLY the boss is Hardmode. Thanks, Omega Derpling))
OR
Immunity to On Fire! Debuff (Empty Air Sandwich)
AND
Increases regeneration rate by 20% when not being attacked (Suggested by Baconfry)
OR
Increases life by 50.
OR
5hp/sec regen when hit. Lasts for 5 seconds. (Suggested by Lord Garak, but I buffed it a little, because 20 hp over 5 seconds wasn’t cutting it IMO.)
OR
1hp/sec when standing still, and up to 10hp/sec when running at top speed. (Omega Derpling’s Suggestion.)
OR
Whenever you critical an enemy, you regain life. (Deliriumxd And Omega Derpling)
Thoughts?

Last edited:
The former effect would be rather useless in Expert mode, because a player below 25% health is prone to being one-shotted by any attack. Though it could be useful if the regeneration persisted for a longer time after hitting the 25% threshold?

Or maybe it could instead be a weaker version of the Shiny Stone that is interrupted by taking damage, but not by moving.

The former effect would be rather useless in Expert mode, because a player below 25% health is prone to being one-shotted by any attack. Though it could be useful if the regeneration persisted for a longer time after hitting the 25% threshold?

Or maybe it could instead be a weaker version of the Shiny Stone that is interrupted by taking damage, but not by moving.
True that. I don’t play expert mode a lot (other then to get the rainbow items) so I hadn’t thought of that

How about it doing something other than health? That boss doesn't really strike me as very tanky, especially because of how fast it moves. Maybe it could be that defense and life regeneration are increased while moving and scale with speed? Or that you gain more critical hit chance the longer you go without taking damage? (and an enemy is onscreen because otherwise it would be just overpowered)

How about it doing something other than health? That boss doesn't really strike me as very tanky, especially because of how fast it moves. Maybe it could be that defense and life regeneration are increased while moving and scale with speed? Or that you gain more critical hit chance the longer you go without taking damage? (and an enemy is onscreen because otherwise it would be just overpowered)
I like the idea of speed-based life regeneration

I like the idea of speed-based life regeneration
Me too. I think that’s a better idea.

Maybe something like this could also give immunity to "on fire" status, which would otherwise prevent all regeneration from working and not even ankh shield stops that

So I was thinking, with 1.4 coming out, and the new blood nautilus boss coming, we’ll need a new expert mode accessory for it, right? We COULD have a damage booster item, but he already have so many of those. I was thinking of something along the lines of either a life regen item, or a life INCREASER item. Hear me out.

Nautilus Shell
+2 defense (Because it’s a shell)
Increases regeneration rate by 20% when not being attacked (Suggested by Baconfry)
OR
Increases life by 50.
OR
5hp/sec regen when hit. Lasts for 5 seconds. (Suggested by Lord Garak, but I buffed it a little, because 20 hp over 5 seconds wasn’t cutting it IMO.)
OR
1hp/sec when standing still, and up to 10hp/sec when running at top speed. (Omega Derpling’s Suggestion.)

Thoughts?
I like the idea, but maybe an accessory with life steal?

Probably, but that’s why it’s expert mode, right? And it’ll probably only have a 10% chance of working or something.
How about instead of giving it a separate chance, it just heals you upon critical hits? That means that all classes can use it and would help highlight the fact that summoner will be able to use crits in 1.4 (also it would heal you for twice as much).

How about instead of giving it a separate chance, it just heals you upon critical hits? That means that all classes can use it and would help highlight the fact that summoner will be able to use crits in 1.4 (also it would heal you for twice as much).
Oooh, I like that a lot! It also fits in with the Blood Moon theme

That makes more sense.

Back
Top Bottom