Sprites New expert mode drops for Mechanical bosses.

So erm....

• Yes, I love this idea, the bosses should drop their own items!

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • I agree with the concept, but I think the drops need improvement

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • It's alright, but not really necessary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I want to kill 3 bosses to get one redundant item!!!!

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

The Storm

Golem
This suggestion has been partially implemented into my mod: tModLoader - Storm Diver's Additions and Changes (Spinning device added with multiple changes)

Hello again, it’s me, I know you’re probably sick of me already, but hear me out.

I always found it so strange that you have to kill 3 bosses to get a single situational item in expert mode. The 3 suspects being the 3 mechanical bosses. I think it would be much better if each of the bosses dropped their own expert exclusive item.

Expert mechanical boss drops:

Mechanical Cart
Mechanical Cart item sprite

The Destroyer now drops the cart in one piece, no more crafting it with 3 separate pieces.
Suspicious Spinning Device
Hh990K5.png

4 defence

Creates 2 skulls that slowly orbit around you and can deal damage to enemies (~50-70), they have a 50% chance to reflect projectiles back at enemies damaging them for full damage. There is a 5-10 second cooldown if successful.

Spinning skulls:
1bRljaO.png
Enhanced Visor
e6ACM2f.png

yM88Auc.png

(Equipped in accessory slot)
Greatly increases night vision, shows location of enemies and greatly increases the velocity of all projectiles.

This is just a short and simple idea, I really would love it if all 3 bosses dropped their own accessory, even though I don’t play expert that much.

These ideas aren’t great I know, but I’d love to hear any of your ideas.

Last edited:
I did always believe that the Mechanicals lost most of their worth to me in Expert Mode apart from the fact they dropped an Expert Mode Part that I don't even use. (I don't use rails) The only reason I fought the mechanicals were for the souls and to get to plantera. I do believe that new accessories would be useful but then again with all of the expert mode accessories if they were too good or overpowered. I feel like it could make it harder to choose between essential accessories (Which is most of them) and the new Mechanical's Cart. A problem may be ehow balanced they are or if there would be space in a setup for it. An attribute for the Mechanical Cart was it didn't take up an accessory slot. Nonetheless, I think it'd be a celestial idea under the correct circumstances. :)

Hmm, if the Destroyer drops the Minecart itself now...
Perhaps the Mechanical Battery, Wheel, and Wagon Pieces could be repurposed into Master Mode accessories for each boss? The Wagon would probably need a rename, unless you can get creative with it.

Hmm, if the Destroyer drops the Minecart itself now...
Perhaps the Mechanical Battery, Wheel, and Wagon Pieces could be repurposed into Master Mode accessories for each boss? The Wagon would probably need a rename, unless you can get creative with it.
That's not a bad idea, though I'm terrible with names :dryadtongue: and what would each part do?

Perhaps the battery could inflict electrified on enemies within a certain radius every few seconds.
The wheel could allow you to walk on rails at a very high speed, or something, though this would kind of make the cart useless.
The wagon could perhaps be a mount that allows you to ride a worm that can pass through blocks... little overpowered.

Last edited:
e6ACM2f.png

yM88Auc.png

(Equipped in accessory slot)
Greatly increases night vision, shows location of enemies and greatly increases accuracy of all projectiles.

I really like how the sprite of this changes depending on where you are facing.

The last part bothers me. You can't just "greatly increase accuracy" because accuracy is not a stat you can increase in this game. Does that mean that stuff that has a spread like a Chain Gun suddenly fires normally?

I really like how the sprite of this changes depending on where you are facing.

The last part bothers me. You can't just "greatly increase accuracy" because accuracy is not a stat you can increase in this game. Does that mean that stuff that has a spread like a Chain Gun suddenly fires normally?
Yeah that's what I meant, I should've worded it better "greatly reduces bullet spread" or something it would also make shotguns fire the bullets closer together.

Yeah that's what I meant, I should've worded it better "greatly reduces bullet spread" or something it would also make shotguns fire the bullets closer together.
That.... seems extremely powerful and weird when none of the other items are class based.

That.... seems extremely powerful and weird when none of the other items are class based.
True, I was going to make it reduce the spread of all projectiles from every class, but only ranged really has ones that spread. And it would only reduce the spread not negate it entirely.

Though a better idea would be to increase the velocity of all projectiles instead; mage and melee projectiles would benefit and summoners.... well who cares about them right?

Basically I wanted it to have a power related to good eyesight since the boss is two eyes, and I felt just giving night vision wasn't enough for an Expert item.

Last edited:
Though a better idea would be to increase the velocity of all projectiles instead; mage and melee projectiles would benefit and summoners.... well who cares about them right?
That is a better idea. Think of how powerful the Onyx Blaster would become with less spread+crystal bullets. Also it actually would benefit summoners because the entire point of that class is to use multiple damage types.

That is a better idea. Think of how powerful the Onyx Blaster would become with less spread+crystal bullets. Also it actually would benefit summoners because the entire point of that class is to use multiple damage types.
Ok I changed the bonus.
Also I'd love to see how powerful that would be, maybe for Master??? :dryadgrin:
weird when none of the other items are class based.
Bone Glove would like to know your location.

Last edited:
Give Skeletron prime the cart, and give the destroyer a mechanical worm scarf(30% damage reduction, a probe orbits you and protects you)
That is way to :red:ing op for a boss like the Destroyer. Why does no one realise how :red:ing op damage reduction is.

If any more :red:ing people have to say this I will get so :red:ing angry.

That is way to :red:ing op for a boss like the Destroyer. Why does no one realise how :red:ing op damage reduction is.

how about the destroyer dropping a mechanical coating that, when combined with the worm scarf will make the mechanical scarf(can't be stacked, but worm scarf can be put into social slot). For crimson worlds, its the mechanical brain, which summons 2 baby mechanical BoCs (like skeletrons old accessory) to protect you, and gives 10-15 true damage(more damage for all classes, but its 5-10 for melee, 5-10 for ranged, 15 for mage, and 10 for summoner)

also chill bro

"Time to go out of my way to get angry at the fact that not everybody really thinks about that :red: when I could easily not care."
I know your name has "spaz" in it, but slow your roll.

Give Skeletron prime the cart, and give the destroyer a mechanical worm scarf(30% damage reduction, a probe orbits you and protects you)
Expert items are meant to be usable until endgame, so having a straight upgrade to one nullifies this purpose. Not to mention the fact that 17% damage reduction is already quite a lot, which is what makes the worm scarf last until endgame, and 30% is almost DOUBLE that.

"Time to go out of my way to get angry at the fact that not everybody really thinks about that :red: when I could easily not care."
I know your name has "spaz" in it, but slow your roll.
30% damage reduction that can be stacked with 17% that makes 47% which added with defense would be very powerful considering how easy the Destroyer is. Im glad @Young Link said no to the stacking but maybe it should be decreased to maybe 20%

@Omega Derpling has spoken the truth. 17% is a lot and for some reason no one gets that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom