Biomes & Nature New "forest" biome or "deep forest" biome | PLEASE READ, I'VE SPENT SO MUCH TIME WRITING THIS

Shinobinks

Terrarian
I'm French, so my english may not be very good.

Hey guys. 5 minutes ago, I was playing in the forest biome, then I started thinking about the name of the biome and the actual biome. It's not a forest, it's more of a countryside. So my suggestion is the following :
You should rename the forest biome to "countryside".
I thought of an actual forest biome. It could be a biome with much larger trees, where you have to chop 2 or 3 blocks of trunk with an axe for you to harvest the tree. There could be some big rocks with moss on it too. The ground could be made of kinds of dirt "balls" covered with moss. Sometimes, there might be a few blocks of "barren soil" covered with a layer of pine thorns. Pine thorns would be blocks of the same type as the small pebbles and herbs found in the current "forest" biome, decorative blocks that cannot be picked up. Adding blocks of barren soil would allow players to place some dirt looking blocks just next to dirt blocks with grass on it, without the grass to be spreading on these.
There could be some wide bushes too, some plants, mushrooms, dead bushes, dead animals...
For the background, we could have very wide tree trunks and a little darker than the others, filtering the sunlight and allowing only a few rays of light to enter, in which a few particles of dust could hover. In those rays of light there might also be a few decorative insects similar to the leaves that fall in other biomes. There could also, moreover, be some falling leaves. With the large trees in the background as well as those that will be harvestable not letting all of the sunlight through, the biome could be a bit darker than other biomes. Rays of light as I have just described them would appear mostly in the foreground, and would be rarer in the background. There could be ants, little spiders and other forest insects too. All this could either be : a mini-biome somewhere in the countryside, or an actual biome with forest bosses like a giant werewolve-looking creature, for example. So either this biome would be called "forest", so you'll have to rename the actual forest biome to "countryside" biome, either it would be called "deep forest" biome. The squirrel hook would be WAYYYY more useful in this biome, and the boss fights could be epic with the usage of this hook, swinging between the trees and shooting a huge boss that follows the players, breaking the trees behind him.
The logs that can be found in the actual forest biome could be moved to this new biome, which would make it a little more harmonious.
During the day, in the background, there could be creatures (or just blurring silhouettes) that move stealthily between the trees, fingers that cling to and disappear behind the trunks, birds flying between the trees... The music should be calm and ominous at the same time.
In the night time, in the background, there could be some glowing eyes (red or white) appearing between the trees in the dark. There could also be a few wild beast noises, fast and stealthy footsteps sounds, and ominous chuckles incorporated into the music of the biome. There could be some glowing plants in certain places, growing on the trees and on the ground. These plants would light up only during the night, and would be invisible during daytime. In the night, these plants could be found in the background too. During the night, the rays of light would only appear in the foreground, not in the background anymore. It would then be rays of moon light, unlike during the day where it was sun light rays. These moonlight rays could really brighten the biome and even appear in the background during the full moon, and would be much more unconspicious and desappear from the background during the other moon phases.
There could even be a mini-biome in this biome, like an abandonned camp with 3 or 4 tents, some bloody corpses, a wooden crate with a lantern on it, a campfire, some goblets, a picnic table, one or two chests and a new frightened NPC, hidden in one of the tents.

So:
- forest critters;
- forest insects;
- forest monsters (wendigo, werewolves, wolves, trolls, fairies, giants, cyclops, witches...);
- forest boss(es);
- 2 or 3 blocks large, tall and wide forest trees;
- pine thorns on barren soil;
- green and wet-looking moss on dirt floor and on rocks too;
- darker than the other biomes in daytime and brighter than the other biomes in night time;
- light rays falling down from the sky to the floor, between the trees which are making some sort of "leaves roof" like 100 blocks above the ground;
- dark background made of wide and tall trees too tall for the player to see the top of, and some animations effects;
- some forest weapons and armors;
- "abandonned camp" mini-biome.

Thanks for reading, love y'all 💕

Last edited:
I'm French, so my english may not be very good.

Hey guys. 5 minutes ago, I was playing in the forest biome, then I started thinking about the name of the biome and the actual biome. It's not a forest, it's more of a countryside. So my suggestion is the following :
You should rename the forest biome to "countryside".
I thought of an actual forest biome. It could be a biome with much larger trees, where you have to chop 2 or 3 blocks of trunk with an axe for you to harvest the tree. There could be some big rocks with moss on it too. The ground could be made of kinds of dirt "balls" covered with moss. Sometimes, there might be a few blocks of "barren soil" covered with a layer of pine thorns. Pine thorns would be blocks of the same type as the small pebbles and herbs found in the current "forest" biome, decorative blocks that cannot be picked up. Adding blocks of barren soil would allow players to place some dirt looking blocks just next to dirt blocks with grass on it, without the grass to be spreading on these.
There could be some wide bushes too, some plants, mushrooms, dead bushes, dead animals...
For the background, we could have very wide tree trunks and a little darker than the others, filtering the sunlight and allowing only a few rays of light to enter, in which a few particles of dust could hover. In those rays of light there might also be a few decorative insects similar to the leaves that fall in other biomes. There could also, moreover, be some falling leaves. With the large trees in the background as well as those that will be harvestable not letting all of the sunlight through, the biome could be a bit darker than other biomes. Rays of light as I have just described them would appear mostly in the foreground, and would be rarer in the background. There could be ants, little spiders and other forest insects too. All this could either be : a mini-biome somewhere in the countryside, or an actual biome with forest bosses like a giant werewolve-looking creature, for example. So either this biome would be called "forest", so you'll have to rename the actual forest biome to "countryside" biome, either it would be called "deep forest" biome. The squirrel hook would be WAYYYY more useful in this biome, and the boss fights could be epic with the usage of this hook, swinging between the trees and shooting a huge boss that follows the players, breaking the trees behind him.
The logs that can be found in the actual forest biome could be moved to this new biome, which would make it a little more harmonious.
During the day, in the background, there could be creatures (or just blurring silhouettes) that move stealthily between the trees, fingers that cling to and disappear behind the trunks, birds flying between the trees... The music should be calm and ominous at the same time.
In the night time, in the background, there could be some glowing eyes (red or white) appearing between the trees in the dark. There could also be a few wild beast noises, fast and stealthy footsteps sounds, and ominous chuckles incorporated into the music of the biome. There could be some glowing plants in certain places, growing on the trees and on the ground. These plants would light up only during the night, and would be invisible during daytime. In the night, these plants could be found in the background too. During the night, the rays of light would only appear in the foreground, not in the background anymore. It would then be rays of moon light, unlike during the day where it was sun light rays. These moonlight rays could really brighten the biome and even appear in the background during the full moon, and would be much more unconspicious and desappear from the background during the other moon phases.
There could even be a mini-biome in this biome, like an abandonned camp with 3 or 4 tents, some bloody corpses, a wooden crate with a lantern on it, a campfire, some goblets, a picnic table, one or two chests and a new frightened NPC, hidden in one of the tents.

So:
- forest critters;
- forest insects;
- forest monsters (wendigo, werewolves, wolves, trolls, fairies, giants, cyclops, witches...);
- forest boss(es);
- 2 or 3 blocks large, tall and wide forest trees;
- pine thorns on barren soil;
- green and wet-looking moss on dirt floor and on rocks too;
- darker than the other biomes in daytime and brighter than the other biomes in night time;
- light rays falling down from the sky to the floor, between the trees which are making some sort of "leaves roof" like 100 blocks above the ground;
- dark background made of wide and tall trees too tall for the player to see the top of, and some animations effects;
- some forest weapons and armors;
- "abandonned camp" mini-biome.

Thanks for reading, love y'all 💕
If this is not implemented to the game by the Devs, I'd like to see it in tModLoader when it updates to the 1.4 version of Terraria!
I loved this suggestion!!

This is an awesome idea! My favorite biomes in survival games are the deep forest types, and this one is really well though out! Maybe the boss could be a big feral squirrel that spawns after a certain number of naturally occurring squirrels have been slain.

This is an awesome idea! My favorite biomes in survival games are the deep forest types, and this one is really well though out! Maybe the boss could be a big feral squirrel that spawns after a certain number of naturally occurring squirrels have been slain.
That's a really good idea bro, thanks for sharing it

I've always wished the forest biome was an actual forest but at this point I don't think there's enough room in a world for a new biome.

Back
Top Bottom