Other New Game Modes

Could This Work?

• Total voters

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
I came up with some ideas for new game modes, so here they are.
ELEMENTS - in this mode, purity is gone and the world is split into 3 elements; Hallow, Crimson and Corruption, allowing for a challenge where no where is safe.
ISLANDS - In this mode, you are placed on a random island and can find other small islands in a huge ocean, that each have they're own elements, NPC's, etc.
LEGACY - In this mode, you return to the older versions of Terraria, with the old sprites, enemies, music, etc. A nice throw back challenge.
BOSS RUSH - In this mode, you go through rooms of randomly selected bosses each with they're own arena, with a break room every 10 rooms. The goal is too see how far you can last without dying.
BATTLE - You and up to 4 friends can fight against each other in DEV made arenas until one is the last one standing.
What do you think?

The last two are definitely better suited as player-created maps. I'm sure there are already boss rush/pvp maps that you can download, and with all due respect, these maps are probably better than anything the developers could make themselves.

Legacy mode actually might be plausible. On Discord, Red expressed interest in making older Terraria versions available. I suppose we'll find out later.

And yeah, I think some more map creation settings would be great, especially a world where we live on islands on an ocean world. That would be sick. Note that Hallow is a hardmode-only biome, so you'll probably have to make some adjustments if you want it to be a full-fledged game mode.

Elements you couldn’t really progress unless you changed some things... (Dungeon,plantera,wall, etc etc)
Also you would HAVE to make your base in the hallow cuz the NPCs don’t spawn in the evils.

Last 2 would be better suited as player creations on a server or something. Wouldn’t want to create a world just for 4 player battles.

The first 3 seems like plausible ideas, but with the first one no enemies would spawn in the hallow during pre-hardmode :dryadtongue:

Back
Top Bottom