Biomes & Nature New Hallowed Biome Equivalent

Is a Hallowed biome equivalent a good idea?

• Yes, sounds cool!

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Seems like too much work to include

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Philitopolis

Eye of Cthulhu
As the corruption has a crimson, so does the hallow have the.....the hallowed biome doesn't have an equivalent. What do you people think about including this in the game? Should there be a solar biome, a terra biome, or other things similar. It could work just like the hallowed biome, having its own ingots that would be used to make the same amount of items as the hallowed. It would have a weapon that would be excalibur-like and a true version of it like the true excalibur. Light discs would be crafted from the same ingots. Just think of it as the crimson of the corruption but on a hallowed level.

Post below what you think about this.

Who said it isn't. The devs usually add things with vague details anyway, because they want to add their own twist.
Right, but then again... This seems a bit obvious. :p

A bunch of people have made these, and so just stating there should be an alt Hallow isn't good enough since people already want one, just a specific image of a Hallow alt. If it was something less suggested, I guess that'd be true, but while it doesn't break any rules, it doesn't work well.

Right, but then again... This seems a bit obvious. :p

A bunch of people have made these, and so just stating there should be an alt Hallow isn't good enough since people already want one, just a specific image of a Hallow alt. If it was something less suggested, I guess that'd be true, but while it doesn't break any rules, it doesn't work well.
I just didn't want to state what crackshot said, and I also agree with this. An alt. Hallow is overdone.

um.... did you take a gander at the first page of the biome suggestion threads? i saw a few hallow alternates on the first page alone.

When you are looking at the trailer for 1.3, one biome was dropping Souls Of Light. It wasnt hallow.

When you are looking at the trailer for 1.3, one biome was dropping Souls Of Light. It wasnt hallow.
It's possible that it was displaying an overhaul to the hallow. After all, a previous spoiler showed a new background and crystal shard texture. It's also possible that Marble is directly linked to the hallow, but I'm not going to get into theory when we can wait for 5 days :D

On topic though: I'm pretty sure the demand for this is good enough already that suggestions for it are hardly necessary. Also, the Cyber by Zoomo(?) and Confection by SnickerBobble are well done, and I believe Cenx commented something about it being a bit too large for the current engine (Don't quote me on this though). Also, this isn't really a suggestion, it's more of a general discussion, and believe that would be a better place for this thread (Just for future reference ;))

Of course I want one! I've wanted one since the Crimson was revealed! So far the best idea I've seen is the Veridian.

So? what if it is just misdirection? If I was a dev, I would like posts that were really close and occasionally something completely wrong just to mess with people.

As the corruption has a crimson, so does the hallow have the.....the hallowed biome doesn't have an equivalent. What do you people think about including this in the game? Should there be a solar biome, a terra biome, or other things similar. It could work just like the hallowed biome, having its own ingots that would be used to make the same amount of items as the hallowed. It would have a weapon that would be excalibur-like and a true version of it like the true excalibur. Light discs would be crafted from the same ingots. Just think of it as the crimson of the corruption but on a hallowed level.

Post below what you think about this.
far from the only one lol
for example i always kinda liked the "veridian" one http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/veridian-alternate-hollow-counterpart-crimson.106269/ (seems like one of the terra types you mentioned) people have been asking for this for a long time :p

red said way back then he already had an idea for it and didn't need suggestions(reddit ama reply linked in veridian's thread) but that was 2013...
[DOUBLEPOST=1436471537,1436471411][/DOUBLEPOST]
We don't need this anymore. A hallow equivalent is going to be in 1.3
orly? :( lol

Back
Top Bottom