New Hotfix Patch Now Available on Xbox One & PS4 - 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearConscious

Terrarian
Pipeworks Studio
Greetings, Terrarians!

Update: The patch is now available to download on Xbox One & PS4.

A new patch will be rolling out starting around 2:30 PM Pacific Time.

The following is included in the patch.

• Fixed 3 crashes associated with certain combinations of wall tile and paint.
    • It's possible this could be one of the culprits for world load crashes, so make sure to let us know if this solved your particular issues - the team will be actively monitoring feedback after this patch.
  • Added a performance boost that should improve framerate in some scenarios.
    • This boost should improve general performance, though it'll be difficult to assess the impact to each player until we hear from you. Our team did a frame analysis for events and boss fights in particular which were improved. As always, make sure to provide your feedback to us.
Need to report a bug? Use the bug submission portal here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Thanks for your feedback and support!

The Pipeworks Team

Last edited:
@ClearConscious I know you guys are probably busy, but there are still a couple of big multiplayer bugs and missing features. This is the second patch since the community has reported them. I don't care about a time table on fixing them, I know you guys are juggling a lot right now. I'd just like some acknowledgement that the team is aware of these and working on it.
  • Multiplayer sessions still can't be made invite only or password protected
  • Multiplayer sessions reset the creature kill count progress towards banners and such
As a personal aside, a post about known issues and bugs that are being worked on for console (and eventually Switch and mobile) would go a long, long way towards calming some of us. The bug reporting process is a bit obtuse and doesn't really give any feedback that things have been received. I think knowing what the dev team is aware of would help the community to relax a bit.

@Proto Persona I'll follow up with the team tomorrow morning. The multiplayer session protection issue is more so a feature addition (similar to the safe zone on Xbox One), rather than a specific bug. It's just a matter of prioritization at this point, but we are aware of it. I'll have to look into the other thing you mentioned.

As far as your 2nd point, I think that's a great suggestion and is needed. I'll work with @Loki on what we can do to make this happen.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I was one of those who first reported the multiplayer tally counter reset bug, after killing the 50th brain suckler for the seventh time while grinding Moon Lord with a friend not long after 1.3 first launched last January. I keep asking about it but it's never included in any of the bug fix patches

I think I was one of those who first reported the multiplayer tally counter reset bug, after killing the 50th brain suckler for the seventh time while grinding Moon Lord with a friend not long after 1.3 first launched last January. I keep asking about it but it's never included in any of the bug fix patches
Yes they need to patch that.

Greetings, Terrarians!

Update: The patch is now available to download on Xbox One & PS4.

A new patch will be rolling out starting around 2:30 PM Pacific Time.

The following is included in the patch.

• Fixed 3 crashes associated with certain combinations of wall tile and paint.
    • It's possible this could be one of the culprits for world load crashes, so make sure to let us know if this solved your particular issues - the team will be actively monitoring feedback after this patch.
  • Added a performance boost that should improve framerate in some scenarios.
    • This boost should improve general performance, though it'll be difficult to assess the impact to each player until we hear from you. Our team did a frame analysis for events and boss fights in particular which were improved. As always, make sure to provide your feedback to us.
Need to report a bug? Use the bug submission portal here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Thanks for your feedback and support!

The Pipeworks Team

Happy to report that the "load glitch" is now gone. It loaded my problem world with no issues. Load time is still meh, but I don't really care much, excited that I don't have to load a bunch of worlds first before my main world, lol.

As for the framerate issue, it seems a bit smoother in some situations. However, when I load a world that has alot of chests in it that "sparkle" (in this case, Crimson Chests), the framerate is still clunky. I haven't tried a boss battle or anything else yet, so I will report anything else I come across. Really excited about my world loading!

Just was playing (xbox one s terraria) and once again, 10-30 waterbolts makes the game impossible, especially in splitscreen. Fortunately ive gotten better items that do less lag but seriously, my phone can run more than that. My phone can probably run atleast twice that and be fine.

@Loki @ClearConscious Today I tried to load into my trophy room world. This is the one that, starting just a few months ago, would crash the game every time I tried to load. I had hoped that 1.3.1 and the bug patch would have fixed it, but, well... see for yourselves:

Yeah. I tried loading in with a different character and the result was the same. Complete blackout, without even the names of the npcs. The minimap and main map kept the maps of my main world, the world I had been loaded into before attempting to load my trophy room world. This is the only world I have had any problem with. All my other old worlds, and the new ones, load just fine. It's only this one world that's affected

I think I'm going to have to call this world a total loss and re-upload it from the 360 version. At least I still have pictures of how it should look...
CMQx4Tm.jpg

...so I can rebuild everything I lost

In other news, I built the slime skybridge that @ED209 recommended to me, in a pre-hardmode 1.3.1 world so I wouldn't be pestered by hardmode mobs. I'm up to 500 blue slimes, 2,400 zombies, almost 2,500 green slimes, and 16 pinkies. Which is more pinkies that I've seen in one day's gaming than I have in six months of normal play. Now I just need to add a lava pit and give my summoner character a portal gun so I can continue to murder the traveling merchant and force him to respawn with new inventory every time he shows up without the companion cube pet

Also, can I say how cool the wisp in a bottle light pet looks with the negative dye equipped?
5zUNd11.jpg

@ClearConscious This is just a minor graphical hiccup, and I really don't care if this one ever gets fixed:

The water candle I placed yesterday to increase enemy spawns turned invisible. It was actually kinda cool seeing this blue flame hovering in mid-air with nothing underneath. Breaking and replacing it fixes it, though leaving the world and reentering will probably make it invisible again

Yes, reloading into the world makes the water candles go invisible again. I can't be arsed to break and replace it every time, and honestly the blue flame hovering in mid-air looks damn cool

I have changed just about everything on my tv to make my screen fit but it still doesnt work. Its very annoying as health and mana is cut off.

@ClearConscious This is just a minor graphical hiccup, and I really don't care if this one ever gets fixed:

The water candle I placed yesterday to increase enemy spawns turned invisible. It was actually kinda cool seeing this blue flame hovering in mid-air with nothing underneath. Breaking and replacing it fixes it, though leaving the world and reentering will probably make it invisible again
that is a know bug that i experienced, shouldn't be that hard to patch it

I can’t even play multiplayer on Xbox one what’s up with that what do I have to do to play multiplayer I’ve looked everywhere and tried a lot of things and still nothing can you play multiplayer on the same Xbox or do they have to play on another xbox
[doublepost=1560561017,1560560972][/doublepost]
I have changed just about everything on my tv to make my screen fit but it still doesnt work. Its very annoying as health and mana is cut off.
Exactly that happens to me too

I can’t even play multiplayer on Xbox one what’s up with that what do I have to do to play multiplayer I’ve looked everywhere and tried a lot of things and still nothing can you play multiplayer on the same Xbox or do they have to play on another xbox
[doublepost=1560561017,1560560972][/doublepost]
Exactly that happens to me too
To play multiplayer on xbox (splitscreen), just join a singleplayer world, join a second controller, and press A on the other controller. After, you just sign in on the other controller.

To fix the cut-off edges go on your tv menu and turn off Overscan, not all tvs have it so you might be screwed like me.

note: overscan may be listed as something else, you can google your tv and probably find out what its called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom