NPCs & Enemies new invasion idea: CLOWN ATTACK

this is just a stupid idea I thought up so I figured id post it and see what people think
the clown attack is a hardmode invasion event summoned by the suspicious-looking horn (dropped by the clown enemy that spawns on blood moon) at night, unlike the pirate invasion this is meant for early hardmode and slowly gets more difficult as the player progresses through the world.
when summoned the status message "the circus is coming to town" will appear and the invasion will start.
enemies:
puncho
just walks into the player attempting to do contact damage
drops: face paint, red nose, KO cannon
health: 350
damage: contact 40

pieface
throws ranged pies from a distance
drops: cream pies, red nose, colorful wig
health: 200
damage: pies 45, contact 20

splodey
walks towards the player and occasionally throws grenades, explodes on death
drops: grenades, horn, big shoes
health: 100
damage: grenade 60, explosion 80, contact 10

cylco
rides on a unicycle and deals contact damage
drops: unicycle, big shoes, colorful wig
health: 300
damage: contact 20

clown-mobile
mini-boss, attempts to ram the player, occasionally throws bombs, spawns punchos and piefaces
drops: ko cannon, confetti blaster, smiley, clown keys, big shoes, clown-mobile trophy, clown mobile mask
health: 3000
damage: contact 100, grenades 150

after all mechanical bosses has been defeated:

presto
teleports to random locations and hurls presto balls (like chaos balls but do more damage)
drops: presto hat, face paint, presto wand
health: 400
damage: presto ball 65, contact 10

fatty
walks toward player attempting to do contact damage
drops: fat suit, red frown, red nose
health: 1000
damage: contact 50

MR stilts
slowly walks towards the player and tosses pies at them, is very tall
drops: stilt, hobo hat, horn
health:600
damage: pies 75, contact 45

after golem has been defeated:

cannon cart
slowly rolls towards player shooting cannonball clowns
drops: detached circus cannon, cannon balls (like 20 or 30 idk)
health: 800
damage: cannonball clown 150, contact 50

cannonball clown
gets shot from cannon cart at player and then attempts to deal contact damage
drops: cannonball helmet, face paint
health: 200
damage: contact after being shot 45

Ringo
boss, rides an elephant and attempts to crush and shoot cannonball clowns at the player, spawns clowns and lions
drops: ringleaders hat, ringleaders garb, huge saddle, training whip, alarm horn, ringo trophy, ringo mask
health: base 6000 + clown cannon 2000
damage: contact 100, cannonball clown 200

lion
summoned by Ringo
drops: lion hood, lion suit, lion paws
health: 500
damage: contact 40

new items:
(i can't think of stats)
vanity items: red nose, red frown, face paint, color wig, presto hat, cannonball helmet, hobo hat, ringleaders hat, ringleaders garb, lion hood, lion suit, lion paws, Ringo mask, clown-mobile mask
cream pie: With the same speed, use time, and knockback as a grenade, this item does 100 damage and explodes instantly upon touching any block, dealing no damage to the player. (Size of 2 blocks by 3 blocks)
horn: an instrument like the harp or bell but with honking
honk blaster: crafted with horn, 6 souls of sight, pixie dust, deals massive knockback
unicycle: Has a consistent speed of 30 miles an hour, and will climb up any walls blocking its path by turning to use it as ground, much like a blazing wheel.
stilts: mount, walking into enemies makes you kick them but it also makes you 7 blocks tall
presto wand: magic weapon, projectiles can go through walls
confetti blaster: launcher, uses confetti as ammo
smiley: mace weapon, holding it makes you happy
clown-mobile trophy: looks like a broken steering wheel
fat suit: chest plate, 10 defense, deals knockback to enemies who deal contact damage
detached circus cannon: launcher, uses cannonballs as ammo
huge saddle: Summons an elephant mount 4 blocks tall and wide. Goes 15mph and does 40 damage to anything caught below it.
training whip: summons lion minions
ringo trophy: ringos face mask nailed to the rack (yes its a reference to the joker)
clown keys: expert mode exclusive, puts you into a smaller version of the clown mobile, its basically just the unicorn mount with more speed
alarm horn: expert mode exclusive, makes you spawn clowns when damaged​

Last edited:
This goes into a good amount of detail, but I'd really like some specificity on the drops. Here's my take on a few:

Cream Pie: With the same speed, use time, and knockback as a grenade, this item does 100 damage and explodes instantly upon touching any block, dealing no damage to the player. (Size of 2 blocks by 3 blocks)
Unicycle: Has a consistent speed of 30 miles an hour, and will climb up any walls blocking its path by turning to use it as ground, much like a blazing wheel.
Huge saddle: Summons an elephant mount 4 blocks tall and wide. Goes 15mph and does 40 damage to anything caught below it.

This goes into a good amount of detail, but I'd really like some specificity on the drops. Here's my take on a few:

Cream Pie: With the same speed, use time, and knockback as a grenade, this item does 100 damage and explodes instantly upon touching any block, dealing no damage to the player. (Size of 2 blocks by 3 blocks)
Unicycle: Has a consistent speed of 30 miles an hour, and will climb up any walls blocking its path by turning to use it as ground, much like a blazing wheel.
Huge saddle: Summons an elephant mount 4 blocks tall and wide. Goes 15mph and does 40 damage to anything caught below it.
thanks, I didn't really think of what exactly the items special properties would be. if anyone has any suggestions im all ears

In addition to this, perhaps a Tiny Clown Car mount that when used "turns you into a car" that can fit into two block tall spaces and goes around 50 mph? :D

i know this thread is deader than the slime pet but i figured i'd add some lore entries for the bestiary

puncho: with their big fists and bad attitudes, these clowns are sure to give anyone a red nose

pieface: many chefs have searched for the secret ingredient that gives their pies such an explosive taste... its gunpowder

splodey: as true performers these clowns always ends their show with a bang

cyclo: riding in on their trusty unicycle, these cycling maniacs are hard to keep up with, and even harder to get away from

clown mobile: no one knows just who's behind the wheel of this crazy ride, but whoever they are, they have some serious road rage thanks to dealing with hundreds of back seat drivers

presto: as true magicians, they never reveal their tricks, even when the audience is gone

fatty: these big boys have filled up on too many funnel cakes and as a result are much harder to knock down

MR stilts: short by nature these little munchkins compensate by using stilts to become taller than trees

cannon cart: a mysterious moving cart with a cannon and a lit fuse can only lead to one thing: disaster

cannonball clown: these knuckleheads dont care how many concussions they get, the show must go on!

ringo: a once beloved ringleader of a famous circus, poor ringo was driven to madness by the voices of the corruption and, through torture and mayhem, turned his once fun loving companions into blood thirsty murderers like himself

lion: kept in cages until released to kill, these poor creatures know only to obey the whip

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom