Items New item: Weather Machine, changes weather!

Ominick

Terrarian
First of all, using the item.
Use it like any consumable or tool, simply select and click, a GUI appears asking what weather you want, clicking 'Sunny' will make weather stop, if it is day, emediately otherwise at morning, this costs nothing, clicking 'Rain' costs 1 Gold Coin and summons rain, a good tool for farming ice golems.

Other ideas:
Blood moon
Solar eclipse
Pumpkin and frost moon?
New weathers, like storm or hot day/cold day with tornado and wind monsters, on hot day ice biome gets monster spawns from regular biomes, regular biomes get desert creatures and deserts get fire themed monsters, on cold day the opposjte would happen and in ice biome would spawn ice themed monsters.
Mauybe rarely giant tornadoes will spawn or can be summoned that cause damage do different things.
Of course all these weathers could occur the normal way at random too.

The prices for weathers could be all from 1 Gold to a Platinum.

Aquiring:
The natural way to receive a weather item would be from Duke Fishron, who has mastered the tornadoes. And therefore i think it should be a one-in-three drop from him.

Edit: Alternate improved idea:
A 1 in 3 Golem drop is the 'Mysterious Device' and a 1 in 3 Duke Fishron drop is the 'Weather orb', at a Tinkerer's Workshop you can combine them to the weather machine.

Last edited:
Ok, i like the weather idea. But summoning moon events and solar eclipses? Im not too sure about that...
Yes, moon events might have been a bit too far, but i still think solar eclipses should be possible (all for a price, of course), as broken hero swords are a 1 in 240 drop from an event that has a 1 in 25 chance to occur every 24 minutes, a bit of time consuming, in my opinion...

Yes, moon events might have been a bit too far, but i still think solar eclipses should be possible (all for a price, of course), as broken hero swords are a 1 in 240 drop from an event that has a 1 in 25 chance to occur every 24 minutes, a bit of time consuming, in my opinion...
True, it is very hard, but i think you should make it more lategame if you are going to do that.

No more mechs please. How about this thing is craftable and it requires a new Golem drop?
Many people take on fishron after the golem, but if you don't, then more probably don't, so maybe you get a 'mysterious device' from the golem and a 'weather orb' from fishron and you can combine them at a tinkerer's workshop to get the weather controller.

Many people take on fishron after the golem, but if you don't, then more probably don't, so maybe you get a 'mysterious device' from the golem and a 'weather orb' from fishron and you can combine them at a tinkerer's workshop to get the weather controller.
What if there was three parts, the "ancient device" from golem, the "downpour serum" from the duke, and the "weather orb" from the moon lord

How about just making the weather machine upgradeable, like the Hellstone Furnace?
You can just give it the Eclipse capability later on.

yea. a limited time. I will cite a somewhat different example, but I had in mind something like there is in the Assassin's Creed odyssey. there you can launch an arrow and control it for 7 or 10 seconds
How about, instead of being horribly off topic, you just make your own suggestion thread? You'll get a lot more positive attention that way ;)

yea. a limited time. I will cite a somewhat different example, but I had in mind something like there is in the Assassin's Creed odyssey. there you can launch an arrow and control it for 7 or 10 seconds
Its funny how he just ignored Bry.

A weather machine seems like a simple thing that should be implemented. I really hate waiting for rain when I want to farm up a Nimbus Rod.

Reactions: Bry
My bad. Back on topic I think this idea is pretty good. I think that it you be a box that you should place down and interact with the weather box

How about, instead of being horribly off topic, you just make your own suggestion thread? You'll get a lot more positive attention that way ;)
I definitely don't know a lot about topics, let alone English. I thought that here I was suggesting something, but apparently I was quite wrong.
Sorry if I did any inconvenience

Last edited:
Reactions: Bry
First of all: you can use TEdit to manipulate the weather and events.
Solar eclipse
Pumpkin and frost moon?
You can summon these events already, and, on second thought, they are lunar and solar events, aren't they? So how can a Weather machine have control over it?
It makes no sense.

Not everyone is on PC. A mods ability to do it has no impact on the base game.
First of all I want to say that I didn't say anything about mods.
Now, about being on the PC or not, that has nothing to do with there are map editors for Terraria that can be downloaded on your phone / tablet.

First of all I want to say that I didn't say anything about mods.
Now, about being on the PC or not, that has nothing to do with there are map editors for Terraria that can be downloaded on your phone / tablet.
Tedit, is not part of the base game and isn’t even available for mac. The fact that it isn’t a content mod does not change the fact that it can be essentially considered a mod in this scenario. Plus, you didn’t account for console, and mobile map editors aren’t even legal anyway.

Ok! Let's give this criticism thing a try and hope it's actual constructive criticism! :dryadtongue: (also some spelling mistakes you made)

emediately
immediately
opposite
maybe

now for the actual criticism part
Aquiring:
The natural way to receive a weather item would be from Duke Fishron, who has mastered the tornadoes. And therefore i think it should be a one-in-three drop from him.

Edit: Alternate improved idea:
A 1 in 3 Golem drop is the 'Mysterious Device' and a 1 in 3 Duke Fishron drop is the 'Weather orb', at a Tinkerer's Workshop you can combine them to the weather machine.
I don't really like the idea of this dropping from duke fishron and golem. It really doesn't seem like something that you would want that far into the game, especially saying that you're probably going to have ice wings or something better by the time you fight golem (unless I'm wrong) and you don't really need frost armor, as you have other alternatives that are better, such as titanium. Although it makes sense to drop from duke fishron, I don't think it should be a drop from him because although you can get it at the start of hardmode, it would be pretty difficult. Just because you have to pay for it, I fell that it should be a crafted recipe instead of a dropped item, and not from duke fishron who is usually thought of as a boss close to golem. It would make some sense to me for it to be dropped by the mechs as the item is a machine, so maybe it could be a combined item from them instead? I feel that it would be much better to be there.

Blood moon
Solar eclipse
Pumpkin and frost moon?
This really doesn't work. I've seen some people say it, but having a weather item control things that really aren't weather doesn't fit at all. I think this should all be removed, especially saying that you can already summon the solar eclipse and seasonal moons with other items. It doesn't make sense to pay for something that you can already summon, unless you absolutely hate grinding for these things, and in that case, why are you even playing terraria? The only things it should control are weathers, not random events that have to do with the sun and moon. The only things it should control are rain, sandstorms, and the windy day event in 1.4, plus any other weather event that comes out.

1 Gold to a Platinum.
This is a really big range, and it seems a bit too big. 1 platinum would be very overpriced to change the weather, while 1 gold seems too underpriced. I could understand the platinum if you include the moon events, but I believe that it should be somewhere from around 5 gold to 20.

Anyways this is my first attempt at criticism, and although I know this is almost definitely not the place to ask for it, I would like to know if my criticism was good, bad, or too long. If you want to say anything about it, it should probably be at my profile or at a place that is mine instead of someone else's

Back
Top Bottom