Sprites New Mechanical Boss Weapons

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
Here's some weapons that aren't outright needed in the game, but imo would be cool to have anyways. As the title suggests, these are obtained by killing individual mecahnical bosses. they will be crafted with a a boss's souls, hallowed bars, and one of the 3 weapons dropped by the wall of flesh.

Deadeye
Deadeye.png

-damage: 100
-knockback: 3
-10% critical hit chance
-use time: 37
-velocity: 20
-mana cost: 40
-penetrates up to 2 targets
-zoom enabled
-fires the same death laser as the mechanical bosses
-crafted with 20 souls of sight, 5 hallowed bars, and 1 laser rifle @ a hardmode anvil

Prime Saw
Prime Saw.png

-damage: 22
-knockback: 7
-use time: 12
-velocity: 10
-fires in a 5 round burst
-instead of being traditional rapid fire holding down the attack button increases the amount of bullets fired in a burst at the cost of an additional bullet.
-every half a second the attack button is held down 5 more bullets are added to the volley capping off at 3 seconds (30 bullets). bullets are fired off almost as fast as the chain gun, and have little shot deviation.
-holding down the attack button for 3 seconds and keeping it held makes the barrel's lights flash to let the player know it's fully charged.
-being hit while charging makes you fire prematurely
-pressing and holding the attack button again while the gun is still shooting lets you stop and preserve the rest of your charge. this also recharges it faster relative to how many bullets you used, and how big the charge was.
-crafted with 20 souls of fright, 5 hallowed bars, and 1 clockwork assault rifle @ a hardmode anvil

Wormwrath
Wormwrath.png

-damage: 44
-knockback: 10
-use time: 22
-velocity: 24
-Predecessor to Solar Eruption. it has a third of the range, and can only penetrate one enemy at a time per swing.
-killing enemies with it has a chance to release miniature probes from the weapon which home in on enemies and explode. these probes are double the base damage of this weapon. They cannot go throrugh walls to damage enemies like the main weapon itself
-crafted with 20 souls of might, 5 hallowed bars, and 1 breaker blade @ a hardmode anvil

These weapons might be better suited for a mod, but I'd like to see weapons in the game that more properly represent the mechanical bosses.
either way tell me what you think.

Last edited:
I like the first two, but the third... I don't know, I don't think it's a bad weapon, it just seams weird to have a sword upgrade into a flailish type weapon. I can't think of a suitable destroyeresque weapon that you could replace it with, but it doesn't seem fitting in it's current state.

I like the first two, but the third... I don't know, I don't think it's a bad weapon, it just seams weird to have a sword upgrade into a flailish type weapon. I can't think of a suitable destroyeresque weapon that you could replace it with, but it doesn't seem fitting in it's current state.
visually the solar eruption is nothing like a flail. it looks like a chain sword.

Solareruptionanim.gif

thing is, I'm aware that the breaker blade is functionally different, but there's so many good broadswords at that point in the game that it would be boring to have another one. So I chose a weapon type that was at least kinda similar. it's still a melee weapon with far range, just not a broadsword.

visually the solar eruption is nothing like a flail. it looks like a chain sword.

Solareruptionanim.gif

thing is, I'm aware that the breaker blade is functionally different, but there's so many good broadswords at that point in the game that it would be boring to have another one. So I chose a weapon type that was at least kinda similar. it's still a melee weapon with far range, just not a broadsword.
I know it looks nothing like a flailish, but that's how it's classified on the wiki, and I didn't know what else to call it.

Eh, I guess so to your second part.

Solareruptionanim.gif

Id honestly rather have a late Arkhalis than a mid game solar flail, but the idea isn't bad at all

I know it looks nothing like a flailish, but that's how it's classified on the wiki, and I didn't know what else to call it.

Eh, I guess so to your second part.
According to the Wiki, the KO Cannon is a flail, even through it clearly looks like it fires a boxing glove stuck at the end of a chain.
Apart from that, the Magic Missiles is crafted into the Sky Fracture even through they have very different behavior, so it wouldn't be the first time a weapon is crafted into an entirely different weapon.

These weapons might be better suited for a mod, but I'd like to see weapons in the game that more properly represent the mechanical bosses.

Cool idea tho. Good balanced weapons with special abilites (except Wormwrath, but he's a pretty strong in melee combat IMHO) - this is what game needed.

I wanna see them in game :naughty:

Here's some weapons that aren't outright needed in the game, but imo would be cool to have anyways. As the title suggests, these are obtained by killing individual mecahnical bosses. they will be crafted with a a boss's souls, hallowed bars, and one of the 3 weapons dropped by the wall of flesh.

Deadeye
View attachment 156867
-10% critical hit chance
-zoom enabled
-crafted with 20 souls of sight, 5 hallowed bars, and 1 laser rifle @ a hardmode anvil

Prime Saw
View attachment 156868
-instead of being traditional rapid fire holding down the attack button increases the amount of bullets fired in a burst at the cost of an additional bullet.
-every half a second the attack button is held down 5 more bullets are added to the volley capping off at 3 seconds (30 bullets). bullets are fired off almost as fast as the chain gun, and have little shot deviation.
-holding down the attack button for 3 seconds and keeping it held makes the barrel's lights flash to let the player know it's fully charged.
-pressing and holding the attack button again while the gun is still shooting lets you stop and preserve the rest of your charge. this also recharges it faster relative to how many bullets you used, and how big the charge was.
-crafted with 20 souls of fright, 5 hallowed bars, and 1 clockwork assault rifle @ a hardmode anvil

Wormwrath
View attachment 156870
-acts nearly identically to the solar eruption. it has a third of the range, and can only penetrate once. It also has no debuffs.
-crafted with 20 souls of might, 5 hallowed bars, and 1 breaker blade @ a hardmode anvil

Greatest Idea Ever, Support it :D

According to the Wiki, the KO Cannon is a flail, even through it clearly looks like it fires a boxing glove stuck at the end of a chain.
Apart from that, the Magic Missiles is crafted into the Sky Fracture even through they have very different behavior, so it wouldn't be the first time a weapon is crafted into an entirely different weapon.
Ah, forgot about that. Sky fracture is too new that I've never had or used one.

maybe add some more skele prime weapons. he just has one item as of the current terraria version :(
also, maybe these could drop from the actual bosses themselves?

I think this is a cool idea but do they drop from the bosses themselves? :pslime:

Deadeye
View attachment 156867
-10% critical hit chance
-zoom enabled

Prime Saw
View attachment 156868

Wormwrath
View attachment 156870
-Predecessor to Solar Eruption. it has a third of the range, and can only penetrate one enemy at a time per swing.
-killing enemies with it has a chance to release miniature probes from the weapon which home in on enemies and explode. these probes are double the base damage of this weapon. They cannot go throrugh walls to damage enemies like the main weapon itself

Back
Top Bottom