Blocks & Decoration New Music Box

Master Geass

Terrarian
I think it would be fun to have a new kind of music box. Unlike the certain ones that play one of the in game songs you could make your own song. After setting it down you click it and it gives you a menu like with the signs. It gives you a number of keys you can move up and down to change the sound. You can even have the key silent for a gap. There would also be the option to have it go on a loop or just once. Like with the normal music boxes you can turn them on/off with wire.

It would be cool to see an image of how the interface would look like (anything like a sheet or so...).
It's interesting, too, that you won't need to craft a lot of things to make music, and it gives the chance to stop the background music just to play the music boxes arrangement.
But I liked the idea, and I support it. :)

Last edited:
I'm afraid I'm not a spriter. I'm not even sure if I have an art program on my new computer. So I can't make it.

The interface would look like a music sheet (with lines and what not) and a number of squires on the lines. There is a letter on each squires. Both the color and the letter will change as you move it up and down. This will also change the pitch of that note. If you move a squire all the way down the letter will turn into a "-". This will put a short pause in the song. I was also thinking of having there be buttons on the side to add and remove notes. Ether that or there would be a set number of notes.

If you have played Animal Crossing: New Leaf there is the option to change the town song in much the same way. I was thinking the music box interface would look something like that. There would also be more then one set of lines.

I have also been thinking about the custom music box sending a pulse once it finishes the song. Maybe if you put another custom right next to is the 2nd song would start once the first had ended. This could be make a chain of songs. The chain would go in only one direction to keep it from going in a loop. There could also be some new trigger you could attach to the end of the chain to send a wire pulse. This could be use to open a door after the song is over or just start the chain again.

Reactions: JK0
Back
Top Bottom