NPCs & Enemies New NPC: The Cook!

WAR-THERAPY

Skeletron Prime
So, i have been thinking: if there are so many furniture sets related to kitchens, cooking, and eating, how come there is no one to actually cook?

introducing the Cook! a grumpy, impatient NPC that sticks to the kitchen.
i'd imagine him to be available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.

he would occupy any division that has an oven, cauldron, or Bar table.

what does he do?
firstly, he sells you ingredients for cooking. stuff like fish, mushrooms, and so on. a pretty good alternative instead of having to go fetch.
secondly, he sells food on his own. so far, so good.

however, where he is REALLY unique, is that he could sell unique, non-craftable gourmet meals with special bonuses! some of my ideas:

1 - slice of Cthullu Lasagña al Pesto: increases movement speed by 30%, regeneration rate by 150%, defence by 20, and maximum health by 50, for 600 seconds. cost: 75 gold (it is supposed to be a long-term consumable buff for hard bosses and invasions, designed to make you survive and endure noticeably longer. it is very costly due to how much of a bonus it gives, and how long it lasts - it could be there for a WHOLE invasion. in an invasion, at least the halloween invasion (that one i have been able to complete) it is easy to get around 1,5-2 platinum coins. having this massive bonus costs you up to 50% of the money you could potentially make, but in turn gives you a far greater chance of lasting untill the final waves, where you get the loot. it is also usefull for hard-hitting bosses like Duke, with its bonuses to hp, def and speed, except that in this case you LOSE a ton of money, altough you might be able to defeat it.). i do not think it is too powerfull, given it's cost.

2 - Pinky Sweet Ice-Cream: increases movement speed by 100% (DOUBLE MOVEMENT SPEED!) for 2 minutes. makes you run like a cheetah, basically. costs 30 gold. is supposed to be used on fast moving bosses to aid on evasion.

3 - Latte Plantiatto: increases melee and ranged attack speed by 30%. costs 50 gold, lasts for 5 minutes. boss and invasion DPS buffer.

4 - Grilled cthullu tentacles: increases block placement range and speed by 50%. costs 10 gold, lasts 5 minutes. usefull for building faster.

5 - Nordic Tuna with tartar sauce: increases fishing chance by 20% for 5 minutes. costs 15 gold.

6 - Delicious ectoplasm pie: grants you a 20% chance to ignore all damage for 5 seconds every time you are hit, with a 10 second cooldown. costs 25 gold. usefull against certain bosses and events.

7 - Delicious fishstick: allows you to breathe underwater for 5 minutes. costs 5 gold. good if you want to build undersater and dont have a breather, or find gill potions hard to come by or too short. also, doesnt forces you to be underwater.

8 - Energy Tonic: allows you to jump 3 blocks higher and dash (regardless of having the proper equipment or not) for 5 minutes. costs 5 gold. usefull for exploration, dodging, and dungeons. a decent bonus for jumps before having wings.

9 - Celestial Jelly: increases mana regeneration speed by 50% for 5 minutes. costs 20 gold. good for mages in boss battles.

10 - Spinach pasta: super healthy meal; heals 80 hp, removes all debuffs and prevents debuffs for 2 minutes. costs 30 gold. usefull against bosses with powerfull debuffs you can't yet prevent, and in the dungeon, jungle, and such.

he could also give you cooking quests: he would order you to cook a specific meal for him, like the angler NPC. he would in turn reward you with money, building blocks related to food like candy cane blocks and bubblegum, and occasionaly items.

some quotes:
"Aww, look at you, poor thing! you look hungry! too bad. i dont work for free!"
"quit staring at me with those doggy eyes. unless you want a bone."
"Could you tell [Pirate Captain] to stop stealing my seasoning wine? it is infinitely finer than the rum he is used to"
"Alchemy is overrated. Why? it tastes bad, that's why!"
"hands off my frying pans!"
"would the kind sir want a cookie? too bad. i ate it."
"your stench just ruined my souflée. you better buy something, since you're here."

what is your feedback?

Back
Top Bottom