NPCs & Enemies New NPC: The Taxidermist

Not sure what he/she'd look like (maybe a Chuck Testa spoof?) but an npc that sells items related to taxidermy so that the player can collect mannequin-like figures of enemies.

He/she could either sell items that allow taxidermy (an accessory that allows the collection of dismembered parts) or assign quests like the angler. Hard mode would include an item to convert a taxidermized foe into a pet/minion.

Thoughts?

It could be the gore parts... I guess you'd just need a certain number of them to craft the playable dummy. Maybe they could also be crafted into costumes, as creepy as that is.

I suggest an accessory or potion personally rather than an item. Also rather than a pet/minion or costume I suggest a dummy or other furniture item because a few enemies already have a counterpart for the others. (Mummy costume, spider egg/staff, robes, Rune robes)
Neat idea though!

Maybe we could using banners and something he sold to craft the taxidermy?
I thought about that to what can I say great cats think alike `:p
The problem would be if you want all the items (like me) you'd have to kill 100 nymphs doesn't really bother me considering pre 1.3 you had to get about 200 kills but just something to think about that may bother some people.

I think this could be a good addition to a Summoner Expansion patch...
[DOUBLEPOST=1444233607,1444233389][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, How would you earn it? Most NPCs have something like that. Maybe a taxidermy table added to the dungeon?

perhaps he could arrive when you get a certain number of banners? Proving that you are worthy of collecting dead bodies for him. Dark.

It would be cool to make a frankenstein frankenstein out of a frankenstein,frankensteinception!
But how would this work with blood and gore disabled?
Can you collect parts from a boss?

Ah, interesting idea! I'd like to see something like this, but I'm not too sure about the "collect body parts" part of it (it might not go down so well with the kiddies). Frankly, I'm a sucker for anything relating to NPCs, so... Go taxidermist!

Quite an interesting idea, I must say.
I will stick around to watch this thread, as it doesn't get my entirely full support just yet.
Maybe specify exactly what items he may sell, for a start.
Needs more to be added to it.

i think he could sell an item that you just keep in your inventory and it auto collect and store the blueprint of a creature (10 at a time) that you kill. you take it back to the guy and give him the item, it would allow him to permanently sell the creature dummy, and as such you world not be able to store the blueprint of the creature again. maybe to avoid clutter, you cant do it to weak or common creatures like zombies. but i might be getting off the main idea, take what you want from this ignore the rest

Back
Top Bottom