NPCs & Enemies New NPC's

The__Bird

Golem
Seeing how the summoner class is getting some work, I thought it needed its own NPC :D

The summoner
index.php

The summoner is a non-hardmode NPC that spawns under these requirements:

-You have at-least 200 max life
-You have 4 other NPC's housed
-You must be wearing some/any sort of summoner armor (Ex. Bee armor, tiki armor)
-The queen bee must be defeated

The summoner himself ALWAYS has one raven with him, and depending on the time of day, he will gain more pets. The pets are NOT aesthetic, and will do damage. However once hardmode starts, his pattern will change.

6:01 AM - 12:00 PM- 1 Raven, 1 slime (HARDMODE: 1 Raven, 2 spiders)
12:01 PM - 4:00 PM- 1 Raven, 2 slimes, 1 hornet (HARDMODE: 1 Raven, 3 pirates)
4:01 PM - 8:00 PM- 2 Ravens, 1 hornet (HARDMODE: 3 Ravens, 4 Pygmy's)
8:01 PM - 12:00 AM- 1 Ravens, 2 imps, 1 slime (HARDMODE: 2 Ravens, 1 set of twins, 3 spiders)
12:01 AM - 6:00 AM- 1 Raven, 1 slime, 1 hornet, 1 imp (HARDMODE: 1 Raven, 2 spiders, 1 pirate, 1 Pygmy, 1 set of twins)

*The summoner will refer to his main raven (The one he keeps with him) as Cthulhu

Quotes
"Hello! Would you like to pet Cthulhu? He wont peck, I promise!"

"How are you today? Cthulhu and I are doing great!"

"Cthulhu brought me this strange worm today. Looked like it was infected with some sort of mushroom virus, so I got rid of it"

"Cthulhu came back today after his free roam time, and a pink slime was stuck to him! It's a wonder he was able to fly back!"

"I get the impression that <Name of nurse> does not like me."

"I hear stories of a wizard that roams the underground. Sounds a-lot like my brother"
-The world must be pre hardmode

"I hate to be rude, but this must be quick. I need to feed my slime very soon"
-Only when his slime pet is active, and the world must be pre hardmode

"I hate to be a gossip, but I heard from <Name of demolitionist> that <Name of Arms dealer> took a shot at Cthulhu earlier! I must have a talk with him."
-If both arms dealer and demolitionist are present

"So I hear you slew that monstrous worm? I bet you wont find those shadow scales anywhere else!"
-If eater of worlds has been defeated

"So I hear you slew that monstrous brain? I bet you wont find that tissue sample anywhere else!"
-If brain of Cthulhu has been defeated

"I hate to- ouch! Fine, I'll feed you! I swear these imps never eat enough..."
-If imp pet is active

"Is it just me, or does Cthulhu like <Name of guide> more than me?"
-Guide must be present

"No, you can't have the eyes"
-If twins pet is active

"<Name of goblin tinkerer> and I where good friends, until he was tied up, and thrown away by his brethren. We have lots of catching up to do!"
-If goblin tinkerer is present

"Cthulhu found a strange man lying in the sand by the beach today."
-If the angler is NOT present

"So what do you think of those red moons? Cthulhu seems to like them"
-If a blood moon has already occurred

"Oh look! Cthulhu found a friend!"
-If there is one raven pets present

"Oh look! Cthulhu and his friend found another friend!"
-If there is more than two raven pets present

"Do you think I'm talkative? <Name of truffle> seems to think so."
-If the truffle is present

"Remember that story about the wizard I told? Apparently he really is my brother! We have lots of catching up to do!"
-If the wizard is present

Names
Theo
Marvin

Xavier
Zach
Quinn
Antonio
Danny
Noah
Alex
Jay
Nosmo

Sold items

Summoning potion
3 gold

Wyvern staff *New item*
1 platinum
-Must be hard mode, 1 mech boss must have been defeated

Greater summoning potion *New item*
6 gold
-Must be hardmode

Pet food *New item*
1 gold

Enhanced pet food *New item
3 gold
-Must be hardmode

Bamboo staff *New item
20 gold
-If in jungle

Adamantite slime staff *New item
45 gold
-Must be hard mode, 2 mech bosses must be defeated

Possessed staff *New item
60 gold
-Must be hardmode

New weapons

Wyvern staff
Type: Summon weapon
Damage: 37
Knockback: 7
Mana: 20
Velocity: 10
Rarity: Pink
Use time: 60
My summery: Summons a smaller wyvern to fight for you. It flies nearby the player, and rams enemies for average damage, but extremely high knockback

Bamboo staff
Type: Pet summon
Rarity: Green
My summery: Summons a pet panda bear to look adorable for you

Adamantite slime staff
Damage: 50
Knockback: 3
Mana: 20
Rarity: Pink
Use time: 37
My summery: Summons an adamantine (Shiny red no sprite yet) slime to fight for you

Possessed staff
Damage: 30
Knockback: 3
Mana: 4
Rarity: Red
Use time: 10
My summery: An early hardmode staff that summons a set of possessed armor to fight for you

New potions

Greater summoning potion
Type: Potion
Max stack: 30
Rarity: Red
Use time: 16
Buff: Increases your minion cap greatly
My summery: This potion increases your max amount of minions by 3 for 6 minutes

Pet food
Max stack: 10
Rarity: Blue
Buff: Increases minion damage
My summery: Pet food increases minion damage by 20% for 2 minutes

Enhanced pet food
Max stack: 8
Rarity: Orange
Buff: Increases minion damage greatly
My summery: Enhanced pet food increases minion damage by 40% for 2 minutes

War general
The war general is a non hardmode NPC that spawns under these conditions

-You must have 5 other NPC's housed
-You must've beaten the eye of Cthulhu

Quotes
"Those spiky balls the goblins drop are actually quite useful in a pinch"

"Protect your fellow villagers
during invasions. They can prove to be quite deadly!"

"Look out for
naturally spawning goblins! They might drop an item used to rally their army, but be careful using it"

"You might want to stock up on ammo from <Name of arms
dealer> for the next invasion"

"Invasions are a very good source of coins and resources"

"If you've been a good <Boy/Girl> this year, you might get a snow globe. Don't shake it though, unless you want a challenge"
-World must be hardmode

"Snowmen are evil. Period"
-World must be hardmode

"Zzz..."
-Must be a blood moon
-Only quote said on a blood moon

"So you want a challenge? How about tearing up a map and fighting some pirates?"
-World must be hardmode

"Many useful drops come out of the pumpkin and frost moons, but they are a real challenge"
-Plantera much be defeated

"For the pumpkin and frost moons, I would recommend spectre armor with the hood. The healing bonus will keep you going!"
-Plantera must be defeated

Names
Damian
Zleet
Washington *Very rare*

Sold items

Goblin battle standard
Cost: 25 gold

Iron/Lead broadsword
Cost: 5 silver

Sticky grenade
Cost: 70 copper

Molotov cocktail
Cost: 50 copper

Thats all for now!
As I get more NPC ideas, this will be the thread they are added to! Please leave feedback on what you think is good, or what should be fixed :D

Last edited:
Great ideas and concepts. I will look forward to seeing more NPC ideas. Sprites would be incredible, if you had the time. Since the Summoner class is getting more and more popular and bigger, I support the use of a Summoner NPC.

Originality: 3/5. Execution: 4/5. Elaboration 4/5. Ideas 4/5.

Great ideas and concepts. I will look forward to seeing more NPC ideas. Sprites would be incredible, if you had the time. Since the Summoner class is getting more and more popular and bigger, I support the use of a Summoner NPC.

Originality: 3/5. Execution: 4/5. Elaboration 4/5. Ideas 4/5.
Thanks :D I'm actually looking for something to use for spiriting atm, but since I'm on a mac I can't find anything that you don't need to pay for, and isn't crap

I support it, seems like a really useful NPC to have around, especially for summoner class players. I also enjoy the mechanic of feeding pets, I'm not sure if that is your own concept or if it's a new feature coming out already but it's neat.

Thanks :D I'm actually looking for something to use for spiriting atm, but since I'm on a mac I can't find anything that you don't need to pay for, and isn't crap
[Pixen is pretty good you should try that for spriting and its free. How do you have terraria on a mac?

Most of this sounds interesting, although I wouldn't support an aggressive npc unless that was a standard behavior in 1.3. Overall, though, it's an interesting idea.

Nice idea, great content, it's just the name that's kind of iffy. See, the Arms Dealer isn't called the Ranger. I know that there's separate smaller Ranger classes, but still. A better name would help.

Animal Tamer or Zookeeper maybe?

Great idea!
The summoner class really needs to move up from a subclass to a real class, so any idea that helps it is welcome (for me at least).

The weapons that this NPC sells can be logically added into the game without needing a special NPC for them. The potions that he sells are quite overpowered (Magic Power only provides a 20% boost, and it's the strongest damage buff I can think of) and also don't need to be sold by an NPC to be added into the game.

Basically, I support mostly everything except for the NPC itself.

Interesting, I am waiting a while before I do a true summoner play-through. Primarily for a bit more to be added/ waiting for it to be more refined.

Back
Top Bottom