New Official Terraria Wiki Launches Today!

its really funny how this happened today when just yesterday i was looking for the terraria wiki and saw two different websites both labeled "official terraria wiki"... so i didnt click either

this certainly streamlines things.

This is not correct. Donovan's LinkedIn (and also previous versions of Fandom's website) describe him as President of Fandom. https://www.linkedin.com/in/donovanduncan

To just close this entire chain of thinking down... in the event that somehow history were to repeat itself, we (Re-Logic) have taken safeguards to avoid any repeat performances.

Rest assured that we know and fully vetted everything and have a lot of confidence in the plan and the team or we would not have ever done this. :)

Last edited:
We just added a link to the new wiki on the front page menu of the PC version.

1647299141762.png

Console/Mobile links will be updated as soon as it is feasible.

Love the site, but anyone else missing the search function on their phone's browser? I have to switch to landscape mode in order to access it.

Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220314-161248_Quickstep.png
    Screenshot_20220314-161248_Quickstep.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,331
I'm having trouble trying to log in. I tried "reclaiming my Fandom account and it didn't work. Also when I'm trying to create an account (Blazerun19, my Fandom account), it says it was already used. Weird.

Anyway, the wiki sure looks better than Fandom's horrendous FandomDesktop.

I'm having trouble trying to log in. I tried "reclaiming my Fandom account and it didn't work. Also when I'm trying to create an account (Blazerun19, my Fandom account), it says it was already used. Weird.

Anyway, the wiki sure looks better than Fandom's horrendous FandomDesktop.

Check with @ReedemtheD3ad! on this - he has an account merge thing going.

What was wrong with the old wiki? Perhaps admin drama. We need an official Discord & Reddit so these fickle power hungry volunteer admins can take a seat. They use vague rules to enforce how they feel at the moment. Not to mention the cringe politics they inject.

What was wrong with the old wiki? Perhaps admin drama. We need an official Discord & Reddit so these fickle power hungry volunteer admins can take a seat. They use vague rules to enforce how they feel at the moment. Not to mention the cringe politics they inject.
That's a bit of it, but they also don't rescale anything while loading the site with a ton of ads so the layout gets really junky. A lot of navigation on many of their sites tend to be more link jumping instead of a clean cut list. Terraria was one of the few they haven't messed with yet, but the fallout wiki would be a good example. It was clean cut like the Terraria one is, and then they moved things around to make it an annoyance to navigate, possibly so you have to jump through more pages, so they can get more ad revenue (purely speculation).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom