Game Mechanics New Option: "Pause when Menu is Opened" (SP only)

Xylia

Terrarian
Please.

Whenever a player wants to pause Terraria, to go AFK, the bathroom, drink, whatever, there are only two ways to do this:

1). Minimize the game. The problem with this method, is that you must play Terraria either Full-Screen or Windowed (why, oh why do we not have Borderless Window Mode!?). Minimizing Full-Screen games can oftentimes cause instability and a heavy chunk of lag for several seconds when you do so and it is something I entirely hate doing. I don't like Windowed Mode, because I just... don't. Especially not with mouse-driven games (accidentally clicking outside the window is a problem sometimes, for example).

2). Auto-Pause. To do this, one must open the menu, go into options, enable Auto-Pause, close the menu, then open inventory. When the player comes back from AFK, they need to close the inventory, open the menu, go into options, and disable Auto-Pause (assuming the player does not normally play with AP enabled). This is very clunky and requires navigating through menus just to do something basic like pause the game.

3). Save&Exit. This is a huge hassle, and sometimes undesirable, because items laying on the ground are destroyed and sometimes this will cancel stuff like rain.

Since we have Auto-Pause, this tells me that Re-Logic isn't against us being able to pause the game, in fact they don't mind us pausing the game while we manage our inventory (with some restrictions). What baffles me, is the fact we have no "Pause Button" other than having to wade through menus and kludge a pause solution.

So... why not put an option in there that says "Pause the game when Menu is opened"? This way, when you hit Escape to open the menu, the entire game is paused wholesale, right there and then. Come back from AFK, hit escape, and continue playing. Much, much easier, and such a basic concept that nearly any other game employs.

Pssst, about that Borderless Window... could we get that too, pretty please? S'il vous plait?

By "Pause when the Menu is opened", you mean the settings menu and not just the inventory, right? That makes sense. I generally don't like to have autopause on, but I would love it if the game would pause while I change settings, and like you said, it would make pausing anytime easier. I support.

By "Pause when the Menu is opened", you mean the settings menu and not just the inventory, right? That makes sense. I generally don't like to have autopause on, but I would love it if the game would pause while I change settings, and like you said, it would make pausing anytime easier. I support.

Yes, I mean the Escape menu.

Inventory Pause is what Auto-Pause does, lol.

Back
Top Bottom