I wonder, I don't see anything about the freezes the game have when autosaving. It's my greatest pain.
Hmm, my most irritating issue does not seem to be listed.
When the console is docked, the screen is always zoomed in just a bit so it's harder to see the sun/moon position and cust off a good chunk of the UI.
It's just fine when the console is in handheld mode though.
@Imatron and @Caradog, if your game UI extends past your tv screen when your Switch is docked you can fix it in Switch. Thanks to @KW900 for first sharing this solution.My Switch is like that with one of my HDMI inputs, I have my PC in one, Switch in the other, if I swap them round then they both end up "zoomed in", but normal in the current ports. So try swapping to another port if you have more then one, other then that hopefully there's a setting to turn of the feature that causes it on your tv.
PS4 and Switch have built in settings to fix this. It’s just XBox One that doesn’t have it.Thats caused by your tv, not your console or the game. It happens with xbox too. Its called “Overscan” It cuts off the edges of the screen. Some tvs cant turn it off.
If you have other games you will notice that too
Thanks for taking the time not only to answer this here, but to send it to me in a private message to make it easier for me to spot.If you go to your switch settings you can adjust the size of the screen to fit your tv.
Settings>TV settings>Adjust screen size
Just an fyi to anyone with this issue.
Yeah, they are irritating, and it seems to get worse during hard mode. I guess the faster corruption spread rate creates more data to quantify and write. It seems to have tapered off a bit since the spreadable blocks ran out of stuff to spread to. Either I'm used to it now or the game runs smoothly enough otherwise that I can't really seem to get irked too much by it.I wonder, I don't see anything about the freezes the game have when autosaving. It's my greatest pain.
Please take the time to submit a bug report here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form Thanks!I'm thankful for the patch, but things are NOT better Multiplayer wise. I was playing on my friends world through online multiplayer, and about 60% of the time when auto save happened, I would STILL get kicked. However, this is not the worst of this. When I rejoined, my ENTIRE ores and bars chest was gone. Completely disappeared. We lost dozens of gems and bars, pretty much only had hellstone left that was in my inventory and that's it. Not to mention, the bug where your map disappears every time you rejoin is still not fixed. I'm really happy the switch version is out, I really am, but multiplayer is near unplayable if it's going to keep being like this. I've reported all 3 of the bugs a couple times, but I still haven't heard from anyone if they're even working on it.
Sorry for the ranty post, I'm just really annoyed about it all. Singleplayer is great at least.
Like I said, I have already. I pretty much just want to know if it's going to be fixed or not, because I noticed a thread on here about the map bug being a problem on PS4, and that post was from December of last year, meaning it hasn't been fixed for nearly 7 months now and is still an issue on Switch...
Is the slimy saddle hitbox fixed?
New Patch for Terraria on Nintendo Switch Launches Monday, July 15th!
Greetings Terrarians! We’re happy to announce that a new patch for Nintendo Switch will be releasing on Monday, July 15th. The patch should begin rolling out to players around 6:30 AM PDT.
This update is centered around addressing some of the most commonly reported bugs by the community.
If you’re still encountering bugs please take the time to report them via the official bug submission form: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form
- Fixed an exception error that occurred when trying to join a multiplayer session
- Resolved a bug where Destroyer segments were desynced for non-host players after a respawn
- Fixed a bug where infinite loading could occur when dismissing the connection lost prompt after enabling airplane or sleep mode on the system keyboard while renaming a chest
Game Functionality Fixes
- Fixed a bug where a character could sometimes spawn in the Crimson biome in the newly created world
- Resolved a bug where the “Lucky Break” accomplishment would unlock without fulfilling the given criteria
- Fixed a bug that caused the grid cursor to not move along with the player character
- Resolved a bug where the Mana and Damage Booster buffs appeared infinite along with a negative timer
- Fixed a bug where the Tombstone dialogue box could be observed when toggling between inventory slots
- Resolved a bug where the Sniper Scope accessory caused precision mode to behave erratically
- Fixed a bug where the player was unable to dismiss the keyboard after accessing the crafting wheel via touch while renaming the chest
- Resolved a bug where crafted items were being duplicated
- Fixed a bug where Two King Slime were triggered for a few seconds on the map after summoning
- Resolved a bug where using the last summoning item from a stack of 20 deleted the highlighted hotbar item
- Fixed a bug where the world zoom would be zoomed all the way out after zooming all way in or out on the map
- Resolved a bug where the world would not properly update for the players after any of the non-host players re-joined the session
- Fixed a bug where the stats of hardmode enemies (zombies) were different from their PC counterpart
- Fixed an application crash that would occur for the client while exploring in the underworld biome
- Resolved an application stall on world generation that occurred when settling liquids.
- Fixed an issue where placed training dummies and item frames would prevent a saved world from loading
- Resolved a bug where a momentary freeze would occur while performing basic actions in a newly created large world.
- Adjusted the liquid wave flow while using heavy weapons in a multiplayer session with maximum players to improve performance
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to hang for several seconds after defeating the wall of flesh for the first time in a world.
Art & Text Fixes
- Fixed a bug where vanity that were equipped would appear naked for the bottom of the character
- Resolved a bug where duplicate hair style icons were displayed after interacting with the Stylist NPC
- Fixed a bug where the inventory could become enlarged after switching between handheld and docked mode during the interactive start-up screens
- Resolved a bug where the health bar flickered after consuming a life potion
- Fixed a bug where the wrong lighting effect would trigger when firing a Laser Rifle
- Resolved a localization where the “Refresh” text on the Join Game screen was not properly localized for all supported languages
- Fixed a couple of other miscellaneous text strings in the game
- Made a few minor adjustments to different parts of the UI that were not scaled correctly
- Resolved a bug where the text input would not display while renaming a chest in tabletop and handheld mode