New Patch for Terraria on Nintendo Switch Launches Monday, July 15th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, my most irritating issue does not seem to be listed.

When the console is docked, the screen is always zoomed in just a bit so it's harder to see the sun/moon position and cust off a good chunk of the UI.

It's just fine when the console is in handheld mode though.
My Switch is like that with one of my HDMI inputs, I have my PC in one, Switch in the other, if I swap them round then they both end up "zoomed in", but normal in the current ports. So try swapping to another port if you have more then one, other then that hopefully there's a setting to turn of the feature that causes it on your tv.
@Imatron and @Caradog, if your game UI extends past your tv screen when your Switch is docked you can fix it in Switch. Thanks to @KW900 for first sharing this solution.
  1. Go to the Switch main menu
  2. Choose System Settings
  3. TV Settings
  4. Adjust Screen Size
01CD3037-DF1B-4F80-A9AF-70DC089C664F.jpeg

Thats caused by your tv, not your console or the game. It happens with xbox too. Its called “Overscan” It cuts off the edges of the screen. Some tvs cant turn it off.
If you have other games you will notice that too
PS4 and Switch have built in settings to fix this. It’s just XBox One that doesn’t have it.

If you go to your switch settings you can adjust the size of the screen to fit your tv.

Settings>TV settings>Adjust screen size

Just an fyi to anyone with this issue.

Thanks for taking the time not only to answer this here, but to send it to me in a private message to make it easier for me to spot.

Looks like this was the problem, and changing it to 96% got me the full screen back. Though with all the settings on these devices maybe theres more than one solution, so Ill probably tinker and see if I can fix a setting on the TV and put it back to 100% on the switch without the cutoff, in case fixing it on the TV first improves the image quality.

Thank you everyone!

I wonder, I don't see anything about the freezes the game have when autosaving. It's my greatest pain.

Yeah, they are irritating, and it seems to get worse during hard mode. I guess the faster corruption spread rate creates more data to quantify and write. It seems to have tapered off a bit since the spreadable blocks ran out of stuff to spread to. Either I'm used to it now or the game runs smoothly enough otherwise that I can't really seem to get irked too much by it.

The Vita edition at the end of it's lifespan though, seemed to stop for half a second every 7 seconds of play time, not even to save. That got so bad I had to stop playing it, and it was really the only reason my Vita still had any use since by then. That was about when Sony abandoned the console and would rather blame the smartphone market than fix the real problems with the machine.

Last edited:
yeeeaaah new patch for the switch version, so far i am loving the game.
thanks for making this game happen on the switch

Thank you you very much quick on it always good. Plus I have over 50hours on it so it would be disappointing If I lost it all I was so angry when building I went to get spagettie and I logged out and I just didn't load also if anyones a good builder and would help me build plz message me

Attachments

• DSC_0062.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 198
I wonder, I don't see anything about the freezes the game have when autosaving. It's my greatest pain.

I found that if you turn autosave off, it stops the freezing issue. Just remember to save and quit or enable before turning your switch off.

I found that if you turn autosave off, it stops the freezing issue. Just remember to save and quit or enable before turning your switch off.
I don't recall seeing any feature like this.

EDIT : found the option.

Last edited:
This patch seems to hav ethe auto save pauses fixed. at least from what i can tell. i just fought through a blood moon and 2 pirate invasions and I can only recall one short (less than a second) hitch during an autosave.

There is a glitch i see they didn't get. When fighting the eater of worlds, sometimes a tail segment is just randomly floating, and when killed brings out another of the boss.

I'm thankful for the patch, but things are NOT better Multiplayer wise. I was playing on my friends world through online multiplayer, and about 60% of the time when auto save happened, I would STILL get kicked. However, this is not the worst of this. When I rejoined, my ENTIRE ores and bars chest was gone. Completely disappeared. We lost dozens of gems and bars, pretty much only had hellstone left that was in my inventory and that's it. Not to mention, the bug where your map disappears every time you rejoin is still not fixed. I'm really happy the switch version is out, I really am, but multiplayer is near unplayable if it's going to keep being like this. I've reported all 3 of the bugs a couple times, but I still haven't heard from anyone if they're even working on it.

Sorry for the ranty post, I'm just really annoyed about it all. Singleplayer is great at least.

I'm thankful for the patch, but things are NOT better Multiplayer wise. I was playing on my friends world through online multiplayer, and about 60% of the time when auto save happened, I would STILL get kicked. However, this is not the worst of this. When I rejoined, my ENTIRE ores and bars chest was gone. Completely disappeared. We lost dozens of gems and bars, pretty much only had hellstone left that was in my inventory and that's it. Not to mention, the bug where your map disappears every time you rejoin is still not fixed. I'm really happy the switch version is out, I really am, but multiplayer is near unplayable if it's going to keep being like this. I've reported all 3 of the bugs a couple times, but I still haven't heard from anyone if they're even working on it.

Sorry for the ranty post, I'm just really annoyed about it all. Singleplayer is great at least.

Please take the time to submit a bug report here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form Thanks!

I'm stuck at work and I know this patch is out and the suspense is killing me. I sunk 50+ hours into my world and I finally decided to make a training dummy once I started hard mode and almost cried when I was no longer able to access that world. Tbh though, I started a new world and probably wont be going back to the first one unless it's to move my items around lol. Terraria is one game where everytime I make a new world I have to build a fortress better then the prior worlds (it's addictive.)

Just throwing it out there, you guys are on fire when it comes to rolling out patches and content.

New Patch for Terraria on Nintendo Switch Launches Monday, July 15th!

Greetings Terrarians! We’re happy to announce that a new patch for Nintendo Switch will be releasing on Monday, July 15th. The patch should begin rolling out to players around 6:30 AM PDT.

This update is centered around addressing some of the most commonly reported bugs by the community.

If you’re still encountering bugs please take the time to report them via the official bug submission form: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Multiplayer Fixes
  • Fixed an exception error that occurred when trying to join a multiplayer session
  • Resolved a bug where Destroyer segments were desynced for non-host players after a respawn
  • Fixed a bug where infinite loading could occur when dismissing the connection lost prompt after enabling airplane or sleep mode on the system keyboard while renaming a chest

Game Functionality Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where a character could sometimes spawn in the Crimson biome in the newly created world
  • Resolved a bug where the “Lucky Break” accomplishment would unlock without fulfilling the given criteria
  • Fixed a bug that caused the grid cursor to not move along with the player character
  • Resolved a bug where the Mana and Damage Booster buffs appeared infinite along with a negative timer
  • Fixed a bug where the Tombstone dialogue box could be observed when toggling between inventory slots
  • Resolved a bug where the Sniper Scope accessory caused precision mode to behave erratically
  • Fixed a bug where the player was unable to dismiss the keyboard after accessing the crafting wheel via touch while renaming the chest
  • Resolved a bug where crafted items were being duplicated
  • Fixed a bug where Two King Slime were triggered for a few seconds on the map after summoning
  • Resolved a bug where using the last summoning item from a stack of 20 deleted the highlighted hotbar item
  • Fixed a bug where the world zoom would be zoomed all the way out after zooming all way in or out on the map
  • Resolved a bug where the world would not properly update for the players after any of the non-host players re-joined the session
  • Fixed a bug where the stats of hardmode enemies (zombies) were different from their PC counterpart

Crash Fixes
  • Fixed an application crash that would occur for the client while exploring in the underworld biome
  • Resolved an application stall on world generation that occurred when settling liquids.
  • Fixed an issue where placed training dummies and item frames would prevent a saved world from loading

Performance Fixes
  • Resolved a bug where a momentary freeze would occur while performing basic actions in a newly created large world.
  • Adjusted the liquid wave flow while using heavy weapons in a multiplayer session with maximum players to improve performance
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the game to hang for several seconds after defeating the wall of flesh for the first time in a world.

Art & Text Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where vanity that were equipped would appear naked for the bottom of the character
  • Resolved a bug where duplicate hair style icons were displayed after interacting with the Stylist NPC
  • Fixed a bug where the inventory could become enlarged after switching between handheld and docked mode during the interactive start-up screens
  • Resolved a bug where the health bar flickered after consuming a life potion
  • Fixed a bug where the wrong lighting effect would trigger when firing a Laser Rifle
  • Resolved a localization where the “Refresh” text on the Join Game screen was not properly localized for all supported languages
  • Fixed a couple of other miscellaneous text strings in the game
  • Made a few minor adjustments to different parts of the UI that were not scaled correctly
  • Resolved a bug where the text input would not display while renaming a chest in tabletop and handheld mode
Is the slimy saddle hitbox fixed?

So they didn’t fix the Medusa glitch I updated the game and 10 mins in I’m a statue glad I kept the lava pit in one of my worlds

hype about split screen coming out, was hype when I saw it say 2 player local co-op but it wasn't released yet D: looking forward to it regardless <3 <3 xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom