New Patch for Terraria on Nintendo Switch Launches Monday, July 15th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's fixed my biggest problem which was where the game would freeze it was getting annoying but I still enjoyed the game and now I can even more

New Patch for Terraria on Nintendo Switch Launches Monday, July 15th!

Greetings Terrarians! We’re happy to announce that a new patch for Nintendo Switch will be releasing on Monday, July 15th. The patch should begin rolling out to players around 6:30 AM PDT.

This update is centered around addressing some of the most commonly reported bugs by the community.

If you’re still encountering bugs please take the time to report them via the official bug submission form: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Multiplayer Fixes
  • Fixed an exception error that occurred when trying to join a multiplayer session
  • Resolved a bug where Destroyer segments were desynced for non-host players after a respawn
  • Fixed a bug where infinite loading could occur when dismissing the connection lost prompt after enabling airplane or sleep mode on the system keyboard while renaming a chest

Game Functionality Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where a character could sometimes spawn in the Crimson biome in the newly created world
  • Resolved a bug where the “Lucky Break” accomplishment would unlock without fulfilling the given criteria
  • Fixed a bug that caused the grid cursor to not move along with the player character
  • Resolved a bug where the Mana and Damage Booster buffs appeared infinite along with a negative timer
  • Fixed a bug where the Tombstone dialogue box could be observed when toggling between inventory slots
  • Resolved a bug where the Sniper Scope accessory caused precision mode to behave erratically
  • Fixed a bug where the player was unable to dismiss the keyboard after accessing the crafting wheel via touch while renaming the chest
  • Resolved a bug where crafted items were being duplicated
  • Fixed a bug where Two King Slime were triggered for a few seconds on the map after summoning
  • Resolved a bug where using the last summoning item from a stack of 20 deleted the highlighted hotbar item
  • Fixed a bug where the world zoom would be zoomed all the way out after zooming all way in or out on the map
  • Resolved a bug where the world would not properly update for the players after any of the non-host players re-joined the session
  • Fixed a bug where the stats of hardmode enemies (zombies) were different from their PC counterpart

Crash Fixes
  • Fixed an application crash that would occur for the client while exploring in the underworld biome
  • Resolved an application stall on world generation that occurred when settling liquids.
  • Fixed an issue where placed training dummies and item frames would prevent a saved world from loading

Performance Fixes
  • Resolved a bug where a momentary freeze would occur while performing basic actions in a newly created large world.
  • Adjusted the liquid wave flow while using heavy weapons in a multiplayer session with maximum players to improve performance
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the game to hang for several seconds after defeating the wall of flesh for the first time in a world.

Art & Text Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where vanity that were equipped would appear naked for the bottom of the character
  • Resolved a bug where duplicate hair style icons were displayed after interacting with the Stylist NPC
  • Fixed a bug where the inventory could become enlarged after switching between handheld and docked mode during the interactive start-up screens
  • Resolved a bug where the health bar flickered after consuming a life potion
  • Fixed a bug where the wrong lighting effect would trigger when firing a Laser Rifle
  • Resolved a localization where the “Refresh” text on the Join Game screen was not properly localized for all supported languages
  • Fixed a couple of other miscellaneous text strings in the game
  • Made a few minor adjustments to different parts of the UI that were not scaled correctly
  • Resolved a bug where the text input would not display while renaming a chest in tabletop and handheld mode
I like the game a lot, this is my first time playing it. There is so much to do.

I’m using the Nintendo switch version. What I really really want is for you to add inventory/UI size options, or just please make the inventory and UI bigger. When I play in docked mode it is so hard to read and identify items in my inventory. This would be so much easier if inventory and crafting could be full screen in docked mode. The UI is already transparent, so having the inventory go full screen and increasing the size of the items and text would make this game perfect. That is my only complaint, but I have to admit this is something that really bothers me when playing. I have to get really close to the tv just to identify several of the items I have. Only an issue in docked mode I believe. The size would help a lot, and possibly the option to change how transparent the inventory is. You can change UI transparency but it doesn’t change the inventory transparency. I would play this game so much more if this could be changed.

Could you be more specific? What types of issues are you encountering. We haven't seen a lot of these reports. Thanks!

You will be disconnected. Usually within 5 - 10 minutes. It just simply doesn't work. My girlfriend and I each have our own Switch consoles and we have this issue. We also have this issue when we connect to our friend (not on the same network as us). We've each tried to host our own worlds. Same result.

It is good that there are bug patches on the switch but tbh I think the dupe glitch should stay on pc terraria at least so people can still do speedruns even though its a glitch

Beautiful work with the switch version, I’ve beaten the moon lord about 10 times grinding for every piece of endgame gear. Everything works as expected with one exception; the life regeneration buff received from the nebula armour seems to be broken/non-functional. I have submitted a report, but I’m wondering if anyone else is also experiencing this issue. Again, excellent work in the port! Love everything you guys do :)

Beautiful work with the switch version, I’ve beaten the moon lord about 10 times grinding for every piece of endgame gear. Everything works as expected with one exception; the life regeneration buff received from the nebula armour seems to be broken/non-functional. I have submitted a report, but I’m wondering if anyone else is also experiencing this issue. Again, excellent work in the port! Love everything you guys do :)
Hi @JesKlas, I’ve seen others mention not receiving the proper nebula armor bonuses so I don’t think you’re alone. Great news that you were able to send in a bug report for that. For others stopping by and reading, here’s where to send Bug Reports straight to the development team: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

so reading the fixed bugs they didnt fix the super broken "use potions without getting potion sickness" glitch or am i just blind

index.php
"I built the eye to destroy the eye."
- Loki or whoever built that arena​

Last edited:
Please add auto aim or fix the aiming controls, it's almost impossible to play with ranged weapons
[doublepost=1564850315,1564850153][/doublepost]
Will we ever get the lock-on feature from the other console versions? If it works like that of the 3DS version then playing range pre-chlorophyte bullets will be bearable.Things would be bearable should lock on or at least making aiming with smart cursor less stiff.
Please fix the aim!!!

So...still no local co-op? I bought this to play with my wife and was surprised to discover that unlike other versions of this game there was no local co-op. Is there any idea when this might happen? I'm frustrated...guess I should research these things before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom